The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can you give me an honest opinion on my product idea ( even if it hurts) , thanks

Idea threads

Tsakem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 25, 2023
I am developing a software for data analysis and decision-making. my goal is to make my algorithms identify crucial indicators, extract meaningful insights, and provide tailored recommendations to address your specific needs. The software would be designed to streamline workflows and enhance the efficiency of decision-making processes in finance, marketing, research, and other data-driven fields. With automated data gathering and analysis capabilities, you will have timely access to up-to-date information, enabling prompt and well-informed decisions. ( since the internet move so quickly) The software will have a user-friendly interface that is intuitive to navigate. What I would enhance to set my software apart is its exceptional level of customization, allowing you to tailor it precisely to fit your unique requirements and preference.

would you be interested ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I am developing a software for data analysis and decision-making. my goal is to make my algorithms identify crucial indicators, extract meaningful insights, and provide tailored recommendations to address your specific needs. The software would be designed to streamline workflows and enhance the efficiency of decision-making processes in finance, marketing, research, and other data-driven fields. With automated data gathering and analysis capabilities, you will have timely access to up-to-date information, enabling prompt and well-informed decisions. ( since the internet move so quickly) The software will have a user-friendly interface that is intuitive to navigate. What I would enhance to set my software apart is its exceptional level of customization, allowing you to tailor it precisely to fit your unique requirements and preference.

I sure hope you mean it when you said you want an honest opinion...

Holy cow. This is a whole lot of reading for no meaning.

Notice how everyone else says "sounds useful".

They're guessing. There's nothing actually specific in any of these words.

You're promising a software that will do just about anything for anyone who has data and a desire to read data. Of course that "sounds useful" and people will want to "try it"...for free.

But if this isn't the biggest overpromise I've seen in a year, I don't know what is.

Trim this way down.

There's a saying I was taught early in my career...

If you are for everyone, you are for no one.

This sounds like he's trying to capture the entire market. But there have been billions of dollars poured into companies and those companies still can't accomplish that.

So microniche this. Get very specific on who your market is, and what data you're going to be able to extrapolate for them.

Then you might be on to something.

Otherwise you're going to get a bunch of people saying "wow sounds cool bro let me play with your new toy" and no one sending any actual money...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Can you start by solving one specific problem?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Lol. I just spotted we cross-posted and I summarised @BizyDad 's paragraphs into one sentence again.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Malik George

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 28, 2022

That sound very usefull. Send a link to the prototype when its done. I would love to test it.

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022

Sounds useful I would possibly outsource the copyrighting to someone who can make the problem, benefit, solution flow make sense to the average person.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019

each industry has its own metric, if you want something very generic they you end up with selling a platform like Power BI, I have tried before to create such app for only one narrow segment in the market and it was too much work . so not sure what do you want to cover.
beside that sales force and other business apps already have all the basic to medium reports regarding sales and marketing data. What are you going to add more ?

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN

Your idea sounds promising, but have you decided what niche audience you will target/serve with this software?
Having a good idea about your niche is absolutely necessary before starting or launching a software.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.