• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

Can We Talk About Gary V? (Vaynerchuck)

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by TylerH1994, Jun 4, 2017.

1. civilpro

civilpro Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $131
    He's a typical east coast type-a personality. My personal observation is that that personality doesn't work well in the western US, so I don't strive to be like him. Not that westerners aren't ambitious, but they are ambitious in a different way. Westerners are more likely to be inclusive openminded and open to trying new things, whereas east coasters are more into ladder climbing traditional routes (like how original is opening an ad agency in NYC?????????????????????????)

csalvato likes this.
  2. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,196
    His Youtube channel and his personnal brand is its networth & business guys.

He get clients from being well known on Youtube and word of mouth.
    He get sales of his products because he's known on internet.
    He's a good salesman to be honest and you'll be able to find himself telling the opposite each time : "hustle hard, on weekends also" "rest, take breaks, play hard", but that he tells it less often.

The moral is, what he says is real, but at the end he's maybe here to help you by what he say, but he's also here to keep you under his belt and when there's something to sell, you'll be here for him ;)
    > Gary V Shoes & merchs.
    > Vayner Media clients.

3. LleixG

LleixG Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $278
  4. Thomas Baptiste

Thomas Baptiste Graphics for fun Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $605
    I'm a fan, but I'm aware it's mostly marketing. He's very motivational and always persuading action. Take the good and ignore the bad is what I do with him.

Roz likes this.
  5. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,160
    Just came across this inspiring vid of Gary from some years back when he's bald:
    View: https://www.facebook.com/gary/videos/10153147415528350/

Start at 1.20.
    Then, go to 2.20 where he actually picks up the phone and hustles in front of your eyes lol

This vid is really useful for people who're scared of the phone (like me).
    The vid shows that you don't have to be "perfect", "suave" or "smooth" when talking on the phone (he's pretty smooth here but his sentence construction is a bit messy at times as compared to a recited script).

I wonder if there's some courses or videos that teaches people how to talk like Gary V and to grow that kind of assertive confidence.

Jeff Noel and Longinus like this.
  6. Maxboost

Maxboost Silver Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,369
    Without being to analytical there are few things you can take away:

-He had zero anxiety before picking up the phone. His fear of looking like a coward in front of the camera outweighed his fear of rejection. It allowed him to push forward, most people can't get through this most important step

-He sounded genuine on the phone, not some cheesy sales person trying to "take" but showed mutual benefit. It did not sound like he was reading a script.

-He was enthusiastic about the service

-He provide actual "numbers" which sparked interest

-He kept the commitment very low, He was only prospecting to see if there was interest which put the other person at ease

-He never argued but deflected objections. Agreeing with the other person on the phone is better than telling them how wrong they are when they are not interested.

On the other hand, I think there are a lot of things he could have done better such as actually having some pointers for the viewers. I think its a mistake to blindly pick up the phone and start calling random companies without looking up some basic info such who the owner is and what service they provide, it could have ended really badly with him.

Roz and Longinus like this.
  7. Roz

Roz Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $484

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.