The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB/DIGITAL Can Somebody Explain to Me...

Merkin Man

Contributor
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
So one of my ideas for an automated website just hit a pot hole as I discovered that, although www.nameofmywebsite.com is not even a front page to a website, www.sedoparking.com/nameofmywebsite is and therefore I have to buy my domain name from somebody else if I want it. It isn't even a website generating traffic, is it????

I am novice to this game, so could somebody explain what this means???? :wtf:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2008
ACTUALLY, NameOfMyWebsite.com is available. Ha.

That's a mystery to me. If I go to the domain I like, and the page is not found, I am able to grab it on GoDaddy or some such. I guess just do a Who Is search and track the owner down. Anyone else?

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
So one of my ideas for an automated website just hit a pot hole as I discovered that, although www.nameofmywebsite.com is not even a front page to a website, www.sedoparking.com/nameofmywebsite is and therefore I have to buy my domain name from somebody else if I want it. It isn't even a website generating traffic, is it????

I am novice to this game, so could somebody explain what this means???? :wtf:

Are you saying the domain you are looking for is already registered and parked at SEDO? if so there should be a link or something on the page to sedos site details about that name. if not head to SEDO.com and look the domain up. there may already be an asking price there or a make offer suggestion. If you are using it to build a business, then negotiate the price and grab it, also ask if he has any of te related domains such as the .net version. If you are using it for traffic revenue you can check the sedo stats of the site related to traffic and whatnot...

let us know how it goes!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Are you saying the domain you are looking for is already registered and parked at SEDO? if so there should be a link or something on the page to sedos site details about that name. if not head to SEDO.com and look the domain up. there may already be an asking price there or a make offer suggestion. If you are using it to build a business, then negotiate the price and grab it, also ask if he has any of te related domains such as the .net version. If you are using it for traffic revenue you can check the sedo stats of the site related to traffic and whatnot...

let us know how it goes!
Good advice. Only thing I'd change is that I would just try to look for related names myself because if he sees that you're asking, he might go and grab them himself to try and sell to you.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom