The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can I just mention how awful this job market is?

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Know people with degrees in business from reputable schools and the best job offer was Enterprise rent a car high 30k salary. They took on all this debt 100k+ and are freaking out cuz they cant defer these loans forever. Ok I get it I get it they got business degrees. Ok I get it they shouldn't of went to college if they couldn't afford it. Everyone is in the "stem or die" crowd now. But when will those fields be saturated as well? When will the majority of those jobs start to only recruit from prestigious schools? Minimum experience? The college system to me sounds like a complete indoctrination to indentured servitude. We have slammed an expensive piece of paper down everyone's throat whether they can afford it or not. And its only getting more expensive. Every 3-4 years national tuition avg goes up.

Leads me to think...How is this not a failed system separating the income gap even more. 40-50k salary jobs want 4 year degree with years experience. And people say a 4 year degree isn't gonna cut it anymore. Mj said in the book Master degree holders working as a barista. I know one who is a waiter a buffalo wild wings. But I get it guys I really do, college doesn't guarantee you a job. Im just thinking, isn't there gonna come a point in time when we need 8 years of schooling and 5 years minimum in the industry for an entry level position? Hundred thousands graduating every 4 months whose creating these jobs?

My one buddy has told me a bunch of times how he wishes he was me being debt free and not being 110k in the hole with a interest rate that's gonna turn that figure into 250 by the time he pays it off. But me not having that precious piece of paper, im having difficulties getting anything myself. I cant even land a goddamn trade apprenticeship. Im going back to caddying at private club to save aggressively for the summer and then reassess the situation. But Im wasting time not having a back pocket skill. Oh man gonna be fun kissin a$$ and being treated like a peasant again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Are you done complaining about the world?

Done being a victim?

Perfect, now read some threads and let the light bulbs burst into ignition over your head like fireworks on the 4th of July!

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Are you done complaining about the world?

Done being a victim?

Perfect, now read some threads and let the light bulbs burst into ignition over your head like fireworks on the 4th of July!

I just hate caddying but I gotta do it. Gonna walk in there tomorrow with a smile on my face regardless so don't worry

Discussion thread not pick a part ops words thread

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
You mean my english degree doesn't guarantee a high paying job? I spent4 years learning something useless, i demand a 100k a year job! I am entitled to a high salary !!!!!! My skills and value be damned! Entrepreneurs shouldn't be allowed to make millions without me making a high salary too!

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
You mean my english degree doesn't guarantee a high paying job? I spent4 years learning something useless, i demand a 100k a year job! I am entitled to a high salary !!!!!! My skills and value be damned! Entrepreneurs shouldn't be allowed to make millions without me making a high salary too!
Sorry u feel that way. Rereading that I do come off like a boo hoo victim and I apologize for that. Been stressing out lately not knowing where my future is headed. Forget about me in this, I was wandering if you guys could address the questions raised in the op. Particularly how you see the college system and the wealth gap will play out.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
The wealth gap isn't a problem. We need winners and losers in society. We need to stop propping up losers, business and personal, as much as we do. I could go on and destroy your "wealth gap is bad" theory but that's politics and I tend to avoid voicing my political opinions online in public too much.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
The middle class was an Industrial Revolution phenomenon. The Industrial Revolution is coming to an end in the developed world and so is the middle class.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Wanted: Entrepreneurs. Must be self motivated. No cash or previous experience required, but previous experience is a plus. Basic computer skills a plus. Must be OK with long hours, and resourceful. The market is hiring an unlimited number of people for this position. Flexible hours, make your own schedule. Some heavy mental lifting required. Entrepreneurship does not discriminate based on age, race, religion, or sexual preference. Creativity, communication skills, and not being an a**hole desired. Work in demanding environments under stressful conditions. No background check or reference checks, but if you are a scammer you need not apply. Salary dependent on qualifications and effort. Benefits are what ever you want them to be. Great retirement package. Location independent... work from home is OK. Apply in the mirror.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

mine is in women and gender studies

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Wanted: Entrepreneurs. Must be self motivated. No cash or previous experience required, but previous experience is a plus. Basic computer skills a plus. Must be OK with long hours, and resourceful. The market is hiring an unlimited number of people for this position. Flexible hours, make your own schedule. Some heavy mental lifting required. Entrepreneurship does not discriminate based on age, race, religion, or sexual preference. Creativity, communication skills, and not being an a**hole desired. Work in demanding environments under stressful conditions. No background check or reference checks, but if you are a scammer you need not apply. Salary dependent on qualifications and effort. Benefits are what ever you want them to be. Great retirement package. Location independent... work from home is OK. Apply in the mirror.
I can't afford to fail. Do you know of a process that can be determined successful before taking risk

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
On the flip side, we cannot find engineers. Lot of people with a degree. Few that can engineer.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Oh I thought we were talking about entrepreneurial endeavors. I have many minimum wage jobs to choose from. Need to find a job that's better paying BC unfortunately the time has come to pay rent. Subway won't cut it. I just found this off reddit. Should I pursue it?

"Learn to program GCODE, and maybe software such as GZero and Mazatrol for CNC Lathes and Mills. Then, move to an oil field-rich city like Houston or Lafayette and make $100k a year."

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Oh I thought we were talking about entrepreneurial endeavors. I have many minimum wage jobs to choose from. Need to find a job that's better paying BC unfortunately the time has come to pay rent. Subway won't cut it. I just found this off reddit. Should I pursue it?

"Learn to program GCODE, and maybe software such as GZero and Mazatrol for CNC Lathes and Mills. Then, move to an oil field-rich city like Houston or Lafayette and make $100k a year."

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-cant-make-your-life-decisions-for-you.33485/

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
No - and I didn't even read the thing. You should not even need to ask this question. What the hell are you reading reddit for?
Just wanted to look up certs courses anything I can do in a relatively short time that will provide me with more income. This is the threadhttp://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/28chkm/serious_what_are_some_relatively_short_26_months/

Unfortunately I've been unemployed for a while. I've made money these few months from detailing boats, delivering pizza, flowers on mothers day, mowing lawns and now going back to caddying. I don't want to put myself in a position where if I fail on my fast lane attempt, I have to worry how I'm paying for food the upcoming week

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Just wanted to look up certs courses anything I can do in a relatively short time that will provide me with more income. This is the threadhttp://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/28chkm/serious_what_are_some_relatively_short_26_months/

Unfortunately I've been unemployed for a while. I've made money these few months from detailing boats, delivering pizza, flowers on mothers day, mowing lawns and now going back to caddying. I don't want to put myself in a position where if I fail on my fast lane attempt, I have to worry how I'm paying for food the upcoming week
Then you fix that issue first. Don't look for shortcuts. Learn real marketable skills and find a job.
As for the GCODE comment, I don't know how the job market is, but programming that shit is no joke. If you don't know anything about programming I would think twice before trying that.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
No ones afraid to fail. I said I can't afford too. Like ya know need to survive...eat food. I don't have parents to crawl back to or a cushy bank account where I can actually afford the failures and learn from them.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
This "Fastlane" thing is pretty hard isn't it? I tried it a couple times too and it didn't work so now I'm gonna go back to my old mindset because it feels more comfortable.
Evan my mindset towards financial freedom hasn't changed one bit and it never will. I need to make an adultish income for the first time and like dogma said some marketable skills will get me there. Let's hear about your fastlane sucess living off a couple hundred bucks a week

Metabaron

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 16, 2015
Indiana
Unfortunately I've been unemployed for a while. I've made money these few months from detailing boats,. .... flowers on mothers day, mowing lawns

Looks like at least 3 oppurtiunies that you could follow for a potential fastlane that you have already worked. Pick one and go.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Let's hear about your fastlane sucess living off a couple hundred bucks a week

I started down my fastlane path at 20yrs old (about 8 years ago) when I was told by a mentor that I should get into sales because of the life-long skills I would develop and the unlimited potential. I took his advice.

After 2 months and about 5k in credit card debt later I would find myself at a gas station and only $4 to my name to pay for gas to get home, mostly quarters. Humiliated I walked in and paid. I broke down that day and made myself a promise that I'd never be in that position again.

From that day forward I began hustling as hard as I could and had a constant desire to improve myself. I started seeing more and more success the more that I learned and the more I failed and learned from the failures.

I was soon making consistently more every year and building great habits along the way. I was smashing my sales goals and started making 100k+/year.

This year, based on what I feel is due to a solid foundation of my habits I built and hustle, I hit what I've always dreamed of, financial independence--not having to work if I choose not to. I'm thankful I kept pushing otherwise I might not be where I'm at today.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.