The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can an autoresponder do this?

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I have an idea percolating in my brain but wanted to know if an autoresponder, such as aweber, can do it.

This is not my idea but there are websites where a child can get a personalized letter from Santa or the Toothfairy or the Easter Bunny. Can I use an autoresponder to provide a similar service? The user would fill in information on a template and it would be emailed to them on a certain date.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Udt123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Feb 24, 2009
boston ma
You can probably pay somebody to do this but it won't be cheap. I can tell you that aweber definitely can NOT do this.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
An autoreponder is just going to send a single email back to a person. I am not sure if aweber is capable but some autp responders will use tokens. You would have to have a user form coded where each holiday is a differetn address that the email comes from so they are seperate, and whatever the user inputs is what is entered in the autoresponder.. the other thing is timing, i dont think you can set an actual autoresponder up on a time schedule like that. But you can have a script written that will do it.

an issue you may run into is mail server details and your mass messeges being a problem to the email provider or host, plus your inboxing rate/spamboxing

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Let's not call it autoresponder.

In that case, you want to use a dedicated hosting and mail server to handle that. It's basically a scheduled email. You simply create a form to accept entry which including time, the email of requester, the email of recipient and the message.

You store the information in database and run a cron job at background to process all the email queue.

It's like the e-card you send to other people. I forgot the name of the site, but there is at least one out there sending reminder to people who set that up few months ago.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

trafficwave

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2010
Spring, TX
With XXXXXXXXXXXXXX AutoResponders, you would create your letters using tokens to personalize them to the recipient.

Then you would store/schedule the letters to go out at the time you desired.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.