The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Calculators...??

Anything related to investing, including crypto

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I am trying to find a calculator to figure out roi. (or even the math formula I can use to manually figure it out)

I have been looking around and can find all sorts of calculators on everything else but not that will do what I am looking for. I am hoping someone else has come across something and can post me a link.

what I am looking to do is take my starting amount, say $250 and then at the end of each day, week, month or year type in my account balance and be able to figure my current roi.

Im sure everyone here already knows how to do this lol. maybe I knew once upon a time and have forgotten lol.

thanks in advance!:yourock:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Original Investment Amt: $100
Final Investment Amt: $150

(Final - Original) / Original = Nominal ROI
150-100 / 100 = 50%

Annualized?

[365/Holding period in days] * Nominal ROI = Annualized ROI

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
yeah I thought about that kurt... someone suggested it to me awhile back... but then it dawned on me I cant make anything without the formula to enter in the first place! I never had much luck with those excell spreadsheets anyway.

I do realize its pretty basic stuff. I just happen to either not know or not remember it lol.

tyvm mj! that helps greatly. I knew someone would know here!

I85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 22, 2008
Iowa
price sold divided by price paid minus 1 Sold/paid-1
seems to also also work
guess it just depends which is easier to remember/use

I also second excel, what formulas are you having trouble with? Imo, it can be a great time saver when crunching numbers.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
thanks for all the info everyone!

but the price paid/sold formula wont help me for this. thats not quite what i was looking to do.

I am looking at overall profit from trading. like over a certian amount of time not per trade profit. (the platform I use has a breakdown per trade already built in)

the only other thing I need to figure out now is how calculate what my true roi will be when I start making withdraws from my trading account.

Im not opposed to using an excel worksheet (although I kinda like to crunch certian numbers manually I typically dont do budgets or profits with a hand held calc)

truth be told Im not sure exactly what I need! but so far mj's formula is the closest thing to it.

I just need to figure out how to use that as a base to try to muddle thru the rest. (like when I start withdrawing)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Heres another calculation question that I need help with if anyone knows.

I am trying to figure out ratio's or percentages or idk what lol.

If I have...

24 trades total
9 good trades
15 bad (13 were actual loss and 2 should have been but I closed with a slight profit)

how do I figure out the ratio of good to bad trades? Please provide the formula for me to use to figure it out myself!

again I feel so stupid for asking lol, I feel its definatley something I should already know but I dont so I need a lil help...

thanks everyone!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Thank You!

exactly what i was looking for! I was missing the x100 step when I was trying to figure it out myself lol.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
the only other thing I need to figure out now is how calculate what my true roi will be when I start making withdraws from my trading account.
I guess if you want to be precise you'll have to calc the ROI for every intermediate period and then put the pieces together.

You start with $100
After 30 days you have $130 and you want to withdraw some $20.
So you stop at this point and have an ROI for the first 30 days of 30%.
Now you start your next period with your new investment sum of $110 (130-20).

In the end you take each ROI times the no. of days you achieved and divide it by the total no. of days of the year.
roi1 *120/365 + roi2 *50/365+..
I guess that should be sufficiently precise.

Heres a more detailed explanation:
How to calculate your return on investment

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.