The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cadillac Announces New Offer On Unlimited Vehicle Access for $1,500 a Month

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Only $18,000 per year? That's a steal!

Brilliant on their part. Plays right into the slowlane roadmap.

"Hey, check out my new caddy. It only cost me my financial future. Isn't that a good deal?"

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Only $18,000 per year? That's a steal!

Brilliant on their part. Plays right into the slowlane roadmap.

"Hey, check out my new caddy. It only cost me my financial future. Isn't that a good deal?"
It is pretty brilliant lol.

What do you think about it from the business owner's perspective though? Do you think this could be a good and appealing deal for car and limo service business owners out there?

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I think it sounds great (not the cost), and you'll be seeing more and more thing like this in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I mean, you can only drive one car at a time.

$18,000 per year.

Wow.

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
A subscription based model for the auto industry?

64100414.jpg

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I dont know guys... the insurance premiums must go skyrocket high when people get in those cars with no disregard and drive recklessly and cause accidents etc.. This sounds like a nightmare for me

Valid point actually.

Nobody drives a rental carefully because nobody gives a shit about then. They are handing them back in three days.

These cars are going to get a hard life.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
They're taking away a lot of pains here for the people that can, and don't mind paying the $1,500/mo...and that love Cadillac.

No more going to the dealership to do the test drive, paperwork, etc for another lease. No separate check, phone call, etc for the insurance. Bored of driving it today ? Np...one call and they switch you out. Cleaning and maintenance ... I would hope they would do a pick up and drop off for the client.

I'm betting the program will be successful based on that article. Of course, I don't know what the fine print and details are.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
If GM did this with the Chevy line and got it under $500 a month?

Game changer.

They'd never do that though, dealerships would revolt. Dealers make their money on financing, gap insurance, and their service center. Doing a $500/mo rental program would cut HUGE into auto sales.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
They'd never do that though, dealerships would revolt. Dealers make their money on financing, gap insurance, and their service center. Doing a $500/mo rental program would cut HUGE into auto sales.

IMO this would be a reason TO DO it.

Let them revolt just like how the taxi industry revolted against Uber/Lift. The better technology and valued choices will always win out.

Auto Industries have much more financial backing and lobbying power than dealerships. The only thing stopping them would be some monopolization clause. Tesla has already got around that.

Just goes to show that control is an important aspect within the auto industry as well. Once a disruption comes along, you could be out of business.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles

I am guessing but I bet the Cadi rentals are coming from the Cadi dealerships. The infrastructure is there being used less each year. This gives them a jolt of of cash.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I watched something (can't recall where) where the experts in the auto industry are expecting within 15-20 years that the majority of drivers will exclusively use a form of rideshare such as uber or an on demand car rental service where you can literally walk up to the curb and pick a car available to rent short term and drive as long as needed. I think in a metro area that is the way of the future and whoever figures out how to efficiently make that work will be in for big bucks! I don't believe suburban or rural customers will ever go this way though and there will always be the normal auto industry.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I dunno... it's month to month, so you can cancel after a month or two if you want. No mileage limit, and it includes maintenance and insurance, so the only added cost is gas.

How much would it cost to rent an ATS-V or CTS-V for a month? Probably more than $1,500. The lease on a loaded ATS-V is $750, and the CTS-V is probably closer to $1,000 / mo.

Seems like a great way to get an extended test drive of a car if you're considering buying one.

I don't see a reason to shit all over it right off the bat. I can see this being an interesting option for people who like to drive different cars but don't want a long term lease.

VDon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 27, 2016
Definitely a business model that will replace the current system of buying and owning cars.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I dunno... it's month to month, so you can cancel after a month or two if you want. No mileage limit, and it includes maintenance and insurance, so the only added cost is gas.

How much would it cost to rent an ATS-V or CTS-V for a month? Probably more than $1,500. The lease on a loaded ATS-V is $750, and the CTS-V is probably closer to $1,000 / mo.

Seems like a great way to get an extended test drive of a car if you're considering buying one.

I don't see a reason to shit all over it right off the bat. I can see this being an interesting option for people who like to drive different cars but don't want a long term lease.

Either way it seems like an interesting idea, but something tells me the V models are probably not applicable for this program. That would be pretty cool if they were though!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.