The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

NOTABLE! Buy a float tank. Change your life.

handog

Believing Is Seeing
FASTLANE INSIDER
Sep 3, 2018
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I've never tried this but am going to now - thanks for the post. I have some meditation audio I'd love to try in a tank. Too bad they don't make submersible bluetooth earbuds. I've done the silva mind control method before and it would be interesting to see how this combines.

BookwormMitch

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2014
I've never tried this but am going to now - thanks for the post. I have some meditation audio I'd love to try in a tank. Too bad they don't make submersible bluetooth earbuds. I've done the silva mind control method before and it would be interesting to see how this combines.
The tanks have speakers, whether or not you could play your own audio if you were renting one for an hour though I’m not sure

Jm10k

New Contributor
Apr 16, 2019
Bronx, NY
They are all over NYC. There's an older gentleman that apparently rents one out at his apartment downtown Manhattan.
I gotta try this!

dknise

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 29, 2012
Redmond, WA
I am late to this thread but I float religiously once a week, for mind and body.

Back when I was 19, I obliterated the L4-L5 disc in my back resulting in permanent nerve damage. I had spinal decompression surgery when I was 21 and couldn't really walk until I was 25 again. Sitting at 29, I now snowboard and surf again, but my favorite thing is being able to walk around Costco completely pain free.

Last year I slipped 8 discs in my back wakeboarding. I booted it to flats once and was crippled in pain again. My doctor did what they did before and suggested I take a full dose of Oxy Codone to kill the pain. Instead, I continued with my physical therapy program and took up floating twice a week. Three months later, I went in for another MRI and confirmed I had completely healed all 8 disc slips and was free of sciatica. My theory was that taking the pressure off of my spine would allow for natural decompression. Apparently, it worked.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Last year I slipped 8 discs in my back wakeboarding. I booted it to flats once and was crippled in pain again. My doctor did what they did before and suggested I take a full dose of Oxy Codone to kill the pain. Instead, I continued with my physical therapy program and took up floating twice a week. Three months later, I went in for another MRI and confirmed I had completely healed all 8 disc slips and was free of sciatica. My theory was that taking the pressure off of my spine would allow for natural decompression. Apparently, it worked.
I thought float tanks were bullshit, but tried one once. My back hurt a lot before the session, didn't hurt after.

I'm still skeptical, but not as much as before.

Vanderbilt

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
I get cold very easily and my body temp is below average. Am I going to be comfortable in there or cold? I know it's suppose to = my body temp, but I suspect I'll be cold. I take showers with boiling water. :p
i have the exact same problem with body temp, do you found some solutions to get "warmer" besides hot showers ?

btw: did someone buy the ZEN tent?

Last edited:

Ing

New Contributor
Jun 8, 2019
I built a float tank many years ago; it helt temperature by electric heating as I adjusted it. After some years, noone used it no more. I put it away than!

EVMaso

Calm Seas
FASTLANE INSIDER
Apr 28, 2019
Canada
I've been floating a couple of times now. It's a neat experience, but I found it a little gimmicky. Both times I ended up just falling asleep because it really is that relaxing once you get the hang of it, but I can do that at home for free.

There are probably some therapeutic benefits to it for those with injuries, so there's value there, and the sensory deprivation part could aid in one's meditation.

The float place I go to recently introduced "couples tanks" where two people can fit in one tank. I don't know how that would work in practice since there's not much you can do in there other than talk (unless you like getting that super salt water all over your face and stuff).

Still I think it's something everyone should try at least once to see if it has benefit for them. If nothing else it lets you say that you've tried it.

FORUM SPONSOR

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Post thread…

Search the Forum

New Topics

FASTLANE INSIDERS

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!