The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buy a float tank. Change your life.

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada

Check link....

I think this is an incredible fastlane tool.

I started floating about 3 months ago(at float centres) and I just purchased a float tank and use it for relaxation, problem solving and creativity.

Best 22k CAD that I've ever spent.

I can't even begin to explain the benefits.

It will change your life.

This is for athletes, for business minded people, for psychonauts.

The self improvements to me far surpasses mediation. It puts u in the theta state and keeps you there without falling asleep.

This is the state where your mind is most receptive.
Used for super learning, self improvement and many other things

They say one hour in the tank is like 5 hrs sleep.

The relaxation I can't even explain. The stress relief is incredible. This is a great tool.

Croman

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
AAV-7-Marine-Corps-in-water-960505-M-3983O-006-1024x683.jpg

Ok.. I bought a floating tank.. what next?

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
If you haven't before, go floating!!

If you can't splurge on a $20,000 tank for yourself... go rent one for a few hours and try it! I've only floated once, but had an incredibly rejuvenating time. They allow your mind and inner dialogue to disconnect from your body, and go into some unexplored internal places. I found I become way more in tune with my body after the float as well, noticing small details like my resting heartrate and minor aches or discomforts I would never normally notice.

During the float, it took me a little while (~20 to 30 minutes) to really feel comfortable in the new environment and start letting go of my body... what I found was that I would fall onto trains of thought that drove by themselves, without my mind being active at a normal level... then I would 'snap back' to being totally present in my body again, realizing where I was and what I was doing. I think Joe Rogan talks about "layers of the onion" in the video above, and it probably takes some practice to get to the deep layers... but that's likely where the fun really begins!

I imagine floating often would be a really valuable thing.

P.S. for anybody interested in psychedelics, THIS would be one hell of an environment to use them in.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
My wife and I drove 3 hours to get to the nearest float tank.

When we arrived we noted a sign on the outside door that said "Quiet, relaxation in progress."

We entered and noticed the room was quite dark, and very silent.

I searched a couple of rooms and it appeared empty.

We sat in the lobby and waited for our attendant. No one came.

Then...

The burgler alarms started ringing. Apparently nobody bothered showing up that morning!

Needless to say we left and didn't return. I really want this experience though. Next time we'll go to Dallas.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just returned from my first session.

It was definitely an interesting experience considering I screwed up most of it.

My first 15 minutes was ruined because I made the HUGE mistake of shaving 4 hours earlier. MY face was irritated the whole time and it took me 15 minutes to block out the pain. I forgot to Vaseline up my cheeks, ugh.

The next 30 minutes was really enjoyable as I seem to float somewhere else. I actually had an odd experience where I had visions of living a past life in World War I. (I'm somewhat of a history buff, both WW's) Not sure if it was just a random dream or what.

I can definitely see how the float experience can create some interesting experiences as I truly felt I was floating in space at times. There was also a primordial feel to it as the silence combined with the thump of your heartbeat is probably something likened to being in the womb.

The rest of the session (15 mins) was ineffective and irritating; a combination of getting up and moving around as somehow water got into my eyes.

Afterward, I admit, I felt a bit rejuvenated, like I just came out of a hot steam, or a good massage.

As recommended, I'm going go several more times and see if I can fix the irritation issues.

I will also reiterate, DO NOT touch your face, the droplets will make their way into your eyes.

Last edited:

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Very interesting, I'd love to try it!
@MJ DeMarco and others.

You have to try it.

I tried it and was hooked.

For a 1.5 months the wife and I drove over an hour to float for 1 hr.

Gobbled up 3 hours of my day with driving time.

So the investment to purchase for me was a wise one.

Picture the most relaxed you ever felt in bed, you know the type of relaxation I am talking about...where you feel like your melting....well times that by 100. This is how floating feels.

Incredible on every level.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@ChrisV and I mentioned some of Ekhardt Tolle's work which is the idea that our REAL SELF is suffocated by what's called the EGO.

That's not the EGO in terms of "my car is better than yours" but the EGO in terms of our thought patterns; our thoughts about the past, the future, opinions, the whole mishmash of neurological farts that drown out our authentic spiritual self. The spiritual self is an OBSERVER to our thoughts, as if our brain was an entity on its own.

I believe these TOOLS...

DMT...
Shrooms...
Float Tanks...
Meditation...
Auyahasca...

Are all TOOLS to help you strip away the EGO, albeit temporarily, so you can see LIFE as a HUMAN without the EGO dominating control.

For anyone who has gotten value out of these "ego stripping" tools, I recommend reading Tolle's work. Even an agnostic (or atheist) might get some value out of them. He doesn't endorse any particular religion but more so is of the thought that all the religions are attempts at teaching the same thing, in different ways -- how the EGO (our brain patterns) are killing our spiritual selves.

This is why religions are good in their intent, but not in their execution. Humans are ruled by the EGO and not their BEING. What the human EGO touches becomes corrupted or distorted.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
100 unlimited??? There must be a cap of how many times u can go.

That is crazy cheap. I feel like this is a mistake or something. Lowest I found in Toronto area is 35 per float. And that is if you buy a 10 pack.

Few things when first trying:

Make sure you don't need to pee.lol. It will ruin your float. Empty out both before float

Don't go hungry or full. Eat a light nutritious meal an hour or so before your float.

No caffeine or stimulants.

Float at least 3 times before you form an opinion. My guess is after first float you will be hooked.

Don't go in there with all these big expectations. Just go there with mindset of relaxation. If you actually try too hard to relax this will work against you.

Just let go and be. Don't force your mind clear. Just watch your thoughts.

The inner dialogue will slow and you will enjoy this immensely.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I am late to this thread but I float religiously once a week, for mind and body.

Back when I was 19, I obliterated the L4-L5 disc in my back resulting in permanent nerve damage. I had spinal decompression surgery when I was 21 and couldn't really walk until I was 25 again. Sitting at 29, I now snowboard and surf again, but my favorite thing is being able to walk around Costco completely pain free.

Last year I slipped 8 discs in my back wakeboarding. I booted it to flats once and was crippled in pain again. My doctor did what they did before and suggested I take a full dose of Oxy Codone to kill the pain. Instead, I continued with my physical therapy program and took up floating twice a week. Three months later, I went in for another MRI and confirmed I had completely healed all 8 disc slips and was free of sciatica. My theory was that taking the pressure off of my spine would allow for natural decompression. Apparently, it worked.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Very interesting, I'd love to try it!

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
The float tank is truly a real deal success tool.

Let's be honest, though, it's not as simple as just going. There's a lot more to it.

While I agree with floating, especially giving it the chance by going multiple times, there's vastly more to it than simply showing up.

Honestly, by hyping it up, I think it almost drives home a rather negative association, and that's expectation.

Anyone who goes with a pre-conceived notion of expecting something great and phenomenal may come away quite dissatisfied as though they didn't 'accomplish' what was 'supposed' to happen. Half the battle in meditation and floating is letting go of any expectations and simply being. Understanding you are there, in the moment, with nothing else to do, nothing you have to think about, and with no care in the world.

Expectations should be none, feelings should be none, thoughts should be none.

The reason most people take upwards of 30-45 minutes or longer is because they keep expecting to 'drift away' or 'lose all feeling' or something related.

When, in contrast, they should expect nothingness. Think hard on that for just a moment... what is expecting nothingness.. almost paradoxical, yes?

With your experience in floating thus far, I think you can offer us even greater insight than the event of floating. Perhaps an additional way to help everyone learn about losing themselves in the float tank would be a more in depth, comprehensive insight into your preparations.
  1. Light meal, 1 hour before.
  2. Go potty.
  3. ....?
  4. Profit!
Perhaps there are several other suggestions you could offer, like:
  • Stretch for 15 minutes beforehand to allow blood to flow and circulate.
  • Focus on oxygenating your blood cells by taking 60-90 seconds to breathe very deeply.
  • Go midday so you've had enough time to take care of any immediate needs for the day, yet you have nothing left to conquer (aka worry about).
  • Wear slightly warm, loose fit clothing.
  • Drink green tea before, and bring water along with you.
  • (I'm clearly making these up as I go)
What's your process to decompress before the main event?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
On my next one I'm going to try an audio book.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose? You're supposed to have zero sensory stimulation while trying to silence your mind.

Hmmmph, meditation training, you need.

article-1318093-0B803914000005DC-954_306x423.jpg

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Seems very interesting.

Sometimes when I mediate, my body and everything completely fades away, and I "enter the void" as they say. Is that the experience this brings to you? Or is there something more?
Yes.
But instead of experiencing this for a few min in a 20 min meditation, you are "there" for a full hour depending on how long you float.

The more you float the better it gets. Deeper and deeper.

My wife and I both float and we are always astounded by the results and feelings.

But it can be much more.

I float to examine my relationships, my life, what I am and am not doing.

With a free mind you solve these issues or problems with infinite wisdom.
You know the right answers. We are all inherently good. And good, real answers come to light.

They say trust your gut right? Floating makes you follow your gut, listen to your gut, see real honest truths.

I'm no hippy. I'm not that incense burning guy.

Floating gives you true clarity. Answers. It will make you stop lying to yourself, or makes you see that you may have been doing alot of the masking and covering up. Denial.

It gives you a subtle or strong push in the right direction.

Ben S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Aug 2, 2015
Los Angeles, California
So I did my first float session about a week ago, before I left for the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas. It was 75 minutes.

They instruct several of the things mentioned here. Firstly everyone was briefed beforehand in a group and then went to their own rooms. Everyone needs to take a shower first, which should be lukewarm, so that it does not mess with your bodies natural temperature. Then, dry off your face and hair COMPLETELY. Very important because the last thing you want is little beads of water rolling down your face and making you distracted. They also gave us earplugs to seal our ear canals from the 1300 pounds of salt that were in the tank.

The tank is this big gray box, which for some reason seemed very cool and at the same time made me a little nervous.
elevatefloat020.jpg
I went in extremely excited because I was expecting some sort of deep revelation or visuals. I have practiced mediation on and off for the last couple years so my expectation was that I would get a lot out of it. I entered the tank and closed the door behind me. As I lay down I could hear this peaceful Asian music, which slowly faded away to signal the beginning of the 75 minute session. Then...complete silence. I opened my eyes and closed my eyes to the same level of pitch black darkness.

Interestingly, for the first 20 minutes or so, all I could think about was NOT THINKING... Seriously. I was so obsessed with trying to make my mind clear that I was thinking about it obsessively. Next, I felt a little uneasy being in this small tank and almost wanted to get out.

I pushed past both of these feelings, and soon felt a wave of peace come over me. One very helpful thing I learned during this was that your breath should be relatively shallow and calm. Deep breaths flood your lungs with air and you become more light on the water. This in turn causes you to feel the water level change around your body and takes away some of the immersion.

I began to feel very calm and my mind cleared away. Then...way too soon it seemed, the Asian music came back on to signal the end of the session. I'm not too sure what happened, but I think I may have fallen asleep. I will definitely schedule a couple more appointments. One piece of advice I have is to come in expecting nothing. My expectations seemed to get in the way of the experience. Regardless it was relaxing and an overall great experience.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
What kind of tank did you buy? What are the best brands? Is there a website to buy tanks?

I purchased a samadhi tank. They were the first to produce. Just google samadhi float tank.

There are amazing "looking" tanks out there.

This is very basic. Well priced.
I bought the speakers with it as an add on. I highly recommend this so that you can listen to hypnosis or guided mediation if this is something you would want to work with.

Other tanks can get very expensive.

I almost bought a zen float tent....which is way cheaper. But after some research I realized that the tent had had many complaints by customers. Problem after problem with the undersized filtration system.

Samadhi or oasis are the more reasonable priced tanks.
Some other tanks are much more expensive and just look prettier...but do the same thing in the end.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Going in a couple of hours for my third float (my previous two were several weeks ago - I don't have access to a float tank where I live) and it will be my longest float so far (the first one was 60 minutes and the second one 90, this one is two hours).

I'm really looking forward to it.

It made me realize how great of a business it can be: for the right person, once they try it once, they'll do it regularly. All you have to do is get enough people to try it, and then it should provide consistent income as long as you offer great service.

Granted, this won't work everywhere and it's probably a major pain in the a$$ to set it up (particularly the sanitation part), but as far as offline businesses go, I think it has a lot of potential (especially when you turn it into a franchise in a region that doesn't have many float centers yet).

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
It's like a shortcut in meditation.

People practice meditation to get and stay in theta state as long as possible.

People practice meditation for 20 years to get to what a handful of floats can bring you.

Problem with mediation is you can easily fall asleep...with floating , you dont easily fall asleep. I have done over 50 floats in last few months and have yet to fall asleep.

Total relaxation, clear mind.

Used by athletes to recover from strenuous exercise or activity. Used by them to improve their game thru calculated visualization in the tank.

It's so relaxing it's ridiculous.

You lay there with full awareness and total relaxation.

You are floating. Your brain is free. Your mind is not processing your body pressed against the bed. Your brain is free from all.

Unleash creativity
Heal the body
Play an audio and learn Mandarin without even trying.

The possibilities are endless both personal and in business application.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
So some spas with a float tank raise the temperature of the tanks because "the clients like it hotter".

Which doesn't make it a float tank anymore, it makes it a hot tub, most people don't understand the benefits and what a float tank actually is.

So do some homework before you drop the 80 on a session, ask them if it's the right temperature, etc.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
First float is next Tuesday.... can't wait to give it a try (several times as instructed.)

lukeymacca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 26, 2014
Did my first float last week. I've dabbled with meditation in the past but have always had issues keeping the mind quiet. For about the first 30mins in the tank I struggled with the new surrounding, pondered about life, business and the plans for 2016 then for the last 30 mins I just fully zoned out. I was awake but was simply aware of nothing... didn't want it to end, felt very chilled/zen like for a day or two after. Booked in again this week.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Is the water supposed to burn your skin? I went into a float tank for the first on Saturday and the salt didn't feel so good on my skin. It felt like my entire body was crawling with tiny bugs. I had a 90 minute float...it took about 45-60 minutes for the burning to stop.

My wife also did a float at the same time. She did not encounter any skin burning like me.

I probably should have asked the guy why my skin was burning but I was too relaxed to even give a shit by the time that I got out of the tank.

Anyway...some of my experiences (other than skin burning)

• I went into the tank with the right expectations. I see a lot of people freaking themselves out about not thinking. But I went in with the intention to think and focus on certain topics. And also to visualize.
  • I woke up at 3:30am that day to do work just to get myself tired by the time my 7pm float started.
  • My eyes were open the entire time and it got to the point where I couldn't tell if they were open or closed. That was really cool.
  • Just looking up in the blackness I saw tunnels of black that seemed to go on forever. I felt a sense of endlessness, infinity, etc..Words can't really describe it.
  • Sometimes I felt like light was raining down on me. Either my eyes started playing tricks on me or I was surfing from an allergic reaction from the salt.
  • I felt like I couldn't breath at first. I had to open the tank up for a few minutes to prevent myself from freaking out.
  • I felt very disoriented at times. I didn't know where I was and how to get out of the tank. My tank was like a bath tub with a tanning bed door. it was very hard to lift the top in total darkness. I will try a different tank next time.
  • Weird thoughts did creep into my mind at times...like thought about dying, suffocating, drowning, etc..I had to push them out of my mind.
  • I don't know about everyone else, but 90 minutes was actually way too long for the first float. My wife didn't even make it a full 90 minutes. I would drop to 60.
  • The place that you go to really matters. We have 4 float centers near us. I wasn't exactly happy with the one that I went to. The guy seemed high, although he was nice. I was distracted by a weird banging sound. The light in my wife's room wouldn't turn off...I really think that a key to this in the business providing a good experience.
  • Overall, I liked it. But it was kind of a hassle to get there, take a shower, float, take another shower, etc..I definitely plan to keep doing this, but I would much rather own a tank.

Aside from the burning of my skin, mild disorientation, and the poor experience with the float center, I definitely plan to keep doing it. I liked the experience overall.
Yes 1 hr float for first time is very good tip.

Not sure about the burning. Only time that happens with me is because I shaved prior.

Owning a tank is the best investment I ever made.

I am not financially wealthy. But I compare this to a luxury like having a personal daily masseuse or personal daily chef etc for the wealthy to start your day. ...if that makes sense.

Best 20k CAD I have ever spent.
I sometimes use it 2x a day.

It will bring down your stress levels large.
So many benefits we haven't even touched on in this thread

Last edited:

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Don't shave before hand. Your face will burn the entire time. Any cuts on the body, pain!

That’s good advice! I didn’t shave this morning so I was good. The float center also had little packets of petroleum jelly to cover up cuts which I used for a mosquito bite that I must have scratched at some point.

My experience was very positive and I definitely plan on going back. If you sign up for rewards this spa starts you at a 20% off discount and every time you go within a month your next float is an additional 10% off the original price, up to 50% (Which would be $50 for a 90 minute float. Not too bad!).

I’m 6’5” so I bumped into the walls many times. I found crossing my ankles and folding my arms over my torso helped me avoid hitting the walls. However, it felt less immersive because I could clearly feel the contact between my ankles and between my arms and my chest. Towards the end of the 90 minutes I discovered that I could let me feet sink a bit and keep my arms at my side to really feel like I wasn’t touching anything.

The experience was very relaxing and it put me in a great mood.

I wasn’t sure whether I should focus on my breath, like I would while meditating, or if I should try to follow my thoughts.

I kept thinking about time. At the beginning I felt like time was going by quickly and at any second I would be forced to leave.

I thought about how I traded time at a job for money that I in turn traded for time in the tank.

Time by myself, for myself.

Towards the end of my float I felt like I had been in there for a long time. I know I fell asleep briefly at least once. I started to feel a little stiff and restless so I started to move around and right then the light turned on, music began to play, and the pump turned on to start filtering the water for the next guest.

90 minutes seemed like the perfect time for me.

I didn’t have any hallucinations or anything. At one time I thought I was seeing things, but then realized there was just some light sneaking through the seam of the pod lid. I turned off all the lights in the room but the light from the hallway was coming in under the door. Once my eyes adjusted to the darkness I was able to notice that little bit of light outlining the edge of the pod lid. I think I will place a towel along the bottom of the door next time to block the light.

On a business note, this spa had three float pods and one cryogenic therapy station. The place was very clean and looked like it was recently constructed. I was one of three new customers at noon and when I left, the spa attendant was busy signing in four other new customers. When I was in the post-float lounge, I heard someone in the hallway talking who sounded like he was a regular customer.

I was impressed that a float spa could bring in that many new customers in Eastern North Carolina.

I’ve heard of people running these out of their houses before. If you wanted to buy a float pod for yourself you could probably come up with an AirBnB type model for float spas that would offset your cost and maybe even make you a little bit of profit.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
My experience with a float tank was interesting but negative.

When I meditate, I do it in a dark room in silence and I focus on being present, feeling my body, and experiencing the moment. You cannot be "present" and also be in your thoughts because thoughts place awareness in the past or the future. You either ruminate over things that happened, or you speculate about what's to come.

Float tanks are not designed to support being present. Float tanks are designed for sensory deprivation. The problem with sensory deprivation is that it removes the elements necessary to be anchored in the present, and leaves you alone in your mind with your thoughts. If racing thoughts are a problem for you, then this does not solve the problem, it amplifies it. At least, that's what happened for me.

While floating in that tank, all I could do was think about how annoying it was. How long I had left before I could exit and feel I got my money's worth. Why I chose to do this annoying salty bath in the first place. And then there were all of the other normal racing thoughts that wouldn't go away.

Afterward, I reflected on the experience and concluded that float tanks are probably a valid option for those who are more emotionally- or physically-oriented, but aren't a good relaxation tool for analytical types who already struggle to get out of their heads. To solve that problem, you need to be anchored in the present. You'd be better off washing the dishes or going for a run to clear your mind.

This only speaks to the mental aspect. I have no experience with float tanks for other purposes such as physical healing.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Thanks for the recommendation @croman ,

Just bought a session on Groupon, they have a bunch here in the Valley; Scottsdale, Tempe, Gilbert...

https://www.groupon.com/deals/true-rest-float-spa-gilbert

A writer's best friend is a clear mind.
@MJ DeMarco and others....

My next recommendation is to give it an honest try.

What I mean by this is don't just float once and that's it.

Buy 3 floats. Give it 3 floats before you form your opinion fully.

Even a bad float is a good float if that makes any sense.

But when u go at least a few times you will get a better understanding of how truly amazing it is.
It's always different.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
With such cheap prices, how often do those places change the water, you
know just incase someone get's too "relaxed".
Lol nobody gonna piss in the tank.lol. Would u piss in the tub ??

You are required to shower before a float.

They have filtration system and they filter after each floater. The water gets filtered like 6 times over or something between each float. It's always very very clean.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
@Contrarian and @MJ DeMarco and others...

Quick tips:

Be sure NOT to touch your face at all with your hands if you happen to feel an itch ANYWHERE on your face...or forehead while floating.

The salt will always somehow find a way to your eyes or nose or mouth if you do so...don't matter how carefully or how little you touch the face.
This will irritate you with a stinging sensation that will force you to get out and was it out with clear water. The stinging won't pass immediately if not washing it out.

Simply avoid touching your face...think the itch away or let it go....

Or....

If you really have to,...get out and wipe or itch yourself with towel and lay back in and resume. No biggie.

Also, eat 1hr before hand so you not hungry or too full..

And most importantly go to bathroom and empty out before entering the tank.

Enjoy!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.