The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business with Expert Advice

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

ReeZ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Oct 9, 2016
There is a lot of talks here on the forum regarding "gurus" - mostly not positive.

There are multiple reasons to have a funnel like the one above, mostly it is about money. If you sell a $500 course a certain amount of people are never gonna buy it because they don't have the money. But they might have the money or interest to get a free or $10 book. So they get that.

When that customer has enough money or enough interest there is a certain chance that they will come to you and buy that $500 dollar course, or a consulting session or whatever - all of which justifies that the book was given out for free, or at $10 or whatever.

People in my area have had clients come to them 20 years after having first read a book and then spend a reasonably large amount of money - all because of that first initial book which was $9.99.

The more stuff you have to sell at the back-end, the better this works.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
For me its very annoying, when these ads come up at FB. I think, that most ppl, who are at th flf, feel the same way.
I use these ads and mostly write a link to FLF or to my products into the comments.

I must get rid of that FB ....

ric2020

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 28, 2020
What is your opinion of the guys (gurus) that offer e.g. free books to get a funnel offering higher priced products.

Or an other funnel offering a webinar (today instead of 200 $ for free) and later they want to upsell within their funnel higher prized products.

It seems they can make enough money with that. On Facebook nearly every ad is with such an expert (the nice looking guy that only wants to give it to you for free to catch you with your email or tel. nr to upsell)

I would like to know what you think about such funnel and if you would use the same method (upsell funnel) to offer your expert advice.

One guru gives away his book for free the other one you can buy up to 50 to support a non profit. I have to be honest that i was catched twice and i watched the webinars but i meanwhile hate that kind of making business. i know its from Neuromarketing : if you get something free you get catched and buy it more easily.

I think it colidates in many points with CENTS too and i would not do such kind of business.

What do you think of it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.