The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Name

John P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 27, 2015
London
Hello,

I'm starting a business around content marketing and growth hacking. I build software and teach what I know about content marketing. The goal is to have a SaaS that will help any business to setup quickly their content strategy, help them find content to share and maintain a conversation. I'm very influenced by the work of Gary Vaynerchuck and Ryan Holiday.

Right now the name I have is this:

Growthcklab.com - Growing Businesses @ Growth Hack Lab

Let me know about that name, and any other though you may have.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MrOrigon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 17, 2016
It's going to be difficult to get traffic to your website at first, since its not spelled exactly the same way as your product - growthcklab as opposed to Growth Hack Lab. If you can (although I assume you already tried, and it was taken, hence why yours is spelled differently) I'd go with "growthhacklabs" as your domain name.

Just a thought - it will help people access your site easier.

Georgy

Stranger in Moscow
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 7, 2016
Canada
I agree with Mr.Origon. But you gotta start somewhere right? lol

Here's some help:

1). Leandomainsearch.com -> Always good to see what hasn't been taken, and the variations you can make.

2). Expireddomains.net -> Adjusting the filters properly will get awesome results. You get to see what is expired, what's going to be expired, and what's currently on the market place.

Personally I never let people choose or suggest a name for me. It has to be one I saw or found by myself lol (yeah I'm crazy). Also, if you found a good domain name but it's taken, you can still get it by if it's not in operation (parked or dead site).

A). Go to whois.com and click the "whois" button in the tab.
B). Type your domain and then see the contact info. Most of the time the owners email is there. If not, contact the domain broker that he's part of.

Good luck.

EDIT: Please.... please stick to a .com name. Even if the .net, .org, .mobi, .whatever has a catchy twist, nothing beats a .com.

Last edited:

John P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 27, 2015
London
It's going to be difficult to get traffic to your website at first, since its not spelled exactly the same way as your product - growthcklab as opposed to Growth Hack Lab. If you can (although I assume you already tried, and it was taken, hence why yours is spelled differently) I'd go with "growthhacklabs" as your domain name.

Just a thought - it will help people access your site easier.
interesting that growthhacklabs.com is avaialble now... Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.