The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Magazines

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I subscribe to Inc. I got an offer to renew my subscription and I can give a free one-year subscription to whoever I want to.

I decided to give it to the first person here in the forum that meets all of these conditions:

- Does not own a business AND
- Has never owned a business AND
- Lives in any state of the USA AND
- Wants to create his/her own business AND
- Posts here in this thread the type of business s/he want to create AND
- wants to read a magazine that could help her/him to accomplish this (will provide you some good ideas)

The only other condition is that the winner promises to, after reading it, give it away to a friend that may have the entrepreneur spirit in him/her. Of course, there is no way for anybody else to verify if you do this, but I think this expresses my idea: Help others, Pay it forward.

So, who is going to be the winner of a free one-year subscription to Inc Magazine?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I'll gladly take it if it is good material!

I read Wall Street Journal daily (some parts at least) and watch CNBC a few hours a day for my news. Will be looking into more sources.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Great. If you want it then please post what type of business you want to create, and then send me a PM with a name and address to register as a magazine subscriber.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I don't know how specific you want me to get because I would have to rack my head for awhile on this - I am still trying to move away from the "finish college get a good job idea" since this is my last year at the university.

Possible scenarios:

Start a company where I live, work for 3-4 years and sell it. A friend just stopped by my room with his idea for me - Private prison contracted by the state and paid by the state. Too gruesome for me. I would like to get a consulting company - and I am only half kidding about this - something along the lines of a "help men learn how to attract women" is something I could possibly swing. (I know guys making $30,000 a weekend doing this)

Second scenario is getting rid of physical locale right away - become fluid via internet and have the freedom to live anywhere. First barrier - I know computers but not nearly well enough to control everything -so hiring a pro would be essential, but I don't want to run a biz I don't understand.

edit - this could easily be a viable idea if it is indeed legal. http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/showthread.php?t=2166

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Rawr, you are the winner.... I will send the subscription for you today, though I have no clue when you are going to start receiving it. Enjoy. And thanks for sharing your ideas.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
:thankyousign: Andviv, I'll keep you guys updated

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A few more ...

Internet Retailer
AMASS (Business and commercial / apartment properties for sale in AZ)

santiago

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 20, 2007
FYI - I got the last issue of Business 2.0 a few weeks ago - apparently that magazine has been discontinued. It was one of my favorites.

I read:

Business 2.0
Website Magazine
Revenue
Internet Retailer
Inc
Entrepreneur
DM (Direct Marketing) Weekly

I bought a Millionaire Blueprints at a Barnes & Noble based on recommendations here - but just didn't care for it - too much MLM. Perhaps, I should give another issue a shot.

I think this was asked, but I think there'd be a market for a real estate investor magazine - no one has filled it??

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
FYI - I got the last issue of Business 2.0 a few weeks ago - apparently that magazine has been discontinued. It was one of my favorites.

I read:

Business 2.0
Website Magazine
Revenue
Internet Retailer
Inc
Entrepreneur
DM (Direct Marketing) Weekly

I bought a Millionaire Blueprints at a Barnes & Noble based on recommendations here - but just didn't care for it - too much MLM. Perhaps, I should give another issue a shot.

I think this was asked, but I think there'd be a market for a real estate investor magazine - no one has filled it??
I agree. I think we could put together one helluva magazine with the investors we have on here. SteveO, reipro, Russ, Diane, and all of our other niche investors could all support a different aspect of the industry. I had this idea awhile ago, but figured it'd be too time consuming. I'd love to organize something like this, but it'd take a lot of participation...

KLPInvestments

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 22, 2008
I read these...

Magazines:

Businessweek (my favorite!!)
Forbes
Fortune

Newspapers:

New York Times business section(free online)
Wall Street Journal
Barron's
Investors Business Daily

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I subscribed to Entrepreneur and Inc. towards the end of last year, and I've received a few copies of each. I haven't loved Entrepreneur, but I've been absolutely blown away by Inc.

I believe it's only about $10/year for Inc., but it's really been priceless. It's truly amazing, and I recommend to anybody who can spare $10 (and if you can't spend $10, get it anyway!).

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Just as an aside to what Yankee's said, I was on Amazon the other day and noticed that almost all the mags are discounted big time:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...rch-alias=magazines&field-keywords=&x=11&y=18

Also, here's a cool trick that I use to get digital versions of top mags for free:

1. Download the Safari browser (if you have a Mac, you'll already have it) -

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/safari311.html

2. Follow these instructions:

http://www.ismashphone.com/2008/05/using-safari-wi.html

3. Point your Safari browser here:

http://www.zinio.com/iphone

Last edited:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Just as an aside to what Yankee's said, I was on Amazon the other day and noticed that almost all the mags are discounted big time:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...rch-alias=magazines&field-keywords=&x=11&y=18

Also, here's a cool trick that I use to get digital versions of top mags for free:

1. Download the Safari browser (if you have a Mac, you'll already have it) -

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/safari311.html

2. Follow these instructions:

http://www.ismashphone.com/2008/05/using-safari-wi.html
Looks cool, but where do I find the magazines once I download Safari and change all the settings?

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
.Ooops sorry, I thought the story would mention it, I already have it book marked so I just skimmed it:

http://www.zinio.com/iphone

Now Yankees, you have to promise you won't lie and say you're over 18 to look at Playboy and Penthouse :)
Haha, thanks! Well...I won't make any promises...:smx1:

Don't think that wasn't the first part of the story that caught my eye!

Rep+++ for the find, though.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I loved it. I just renewed my subscription today.
Okay, cool. I think I'm going to subscribe for it today; I just got a promotional offer for the "test-rate discount", which is $5 for one year, $8 for two years, or $10 for three years. I think I'm gonna go for two years, because I'm not sure exactly how long we can expect to have printed magazines anymore.

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
To revive an old thread.

Millionaire bluepirnts now lets you read some of there back issues.

check it out : Millionaire Blue Prints Digital

I just signed up for a subscription after reading alot of the info in the free mags.

the best part is that they profile businesses and then give you a blueprint on how to start your own business just like the story profiles. e.g. tanning salon, info marketing, web hosting, landscaping, etc.

Enjoy!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm surprised MBlueprints is still around. I know several folks, including myself, who paid for a subscription and got 1, maybe 2 issues. They took the money and ran. Maybe the owner should profile himself -- how to start a magazine, take subscription money, and never send out issues.

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
Damn that sucks.

The site just says they are transitioning to new mangament. A few months ago when i tried to sign up for the mag, they said they were in contract negotiations.

I think they sold the mag, but dont quote me on that. Glad i got to read the free stuff before having to pay for it.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I'm surprised MBlueprints is still around. I know several folks, including myself, who paid for a subscription and got 1, maybe 2 issues. They took the money and ran. Maybe the owner should profile himself -- how to start a magazine, take subscription money, and never send out issues.

I'd stay away. I was one of those who got bitten too. After Tom Sparks died, I think it did too. But right now, they have a link up to subscribe. The bad thing is that they are only showing 2008 issues on the screen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.