• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Business loan

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by Matrix, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Matrix

Matrix PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $33
    I am planning to start a restaurant business and wondering if you guys have any recommendations where to apply for a business loans. I am thinking $100k should get me going. Anybody have any experience in SBA loans? Thanks.

2. momoneyj

momoneyj PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $34
    If you have a good business plan and experience, you can borrow from the bank..otherwise you'll need a partner to put up the funds.

3. liv42dy

liv42dy New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1
    I tried getting an SBA loan for my business, but they would only loan on existing assets as collateral. (I didn't have any assets at the time.)

I agree that a good business plan is essential! Your local angel networks might be able to help you out with capital. Or you could do a JV with another restaurant owner that provides complimentary (not competitive) services. Sort of like hot fudge to go with your scoop of ice cream.

There are a lot of SEC regulations to follow when raising money for a business. This website has some good information: http://www.regdresources.com But you probably already know all that....:)

I'm in the process of looking for additional capital as well, and though I'm making progress, it's slow going.

Good luck!

4. Bilgefisher

Bilgefisher Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $373
    Have you entertained going to the small business administration.
    SBA

In my couple of experiences with them they have been extremely helpful. Also many of their volunteers have had prior successes. They have offices all over the place.

5. LouisvilleLambo

LouisvilleLambo PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $35
    SBA typically will not lend for restaurant ventures.

The failure rate is one of the highest segments.

Failure rate is above 50% (I believe around 80%) within the first couple of years.

I have been reading here for a while without posting, but this particular subject is close to me.

I recently sold a business that supported the restaurant industry (multiunit and independent). I saw a lot!

VERY few success stories.

Good luck!

Dave :thumbsup:

6. mm2003

mm2003 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $44
    Are you looking to enter into a franchise or start your own concept? A proven concept such as Subway will be much easier to finance than starting your own.

7. Ausable

Ausable New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    $100,000 sounds kind of low. How are you going to allocate that capital between purchasing equipment, construction, and working capital? Because my buddy that opened a franchise restaurant, spent over $200,000 of his own money to get it up and running.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.