The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Launch strategy - Must reads?

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Hi all,
Been reading this section for months now - first time poster here though :smx19:

I'm planning the launch of a new service here in New Zealand, and with this being my first serious business venture, I want to read up on business launch strategy. Mainly the answers to the questions "do I start locally, then move national - or go national from day one" and what appropriate launch strategies are in regards to marketing.

So I turn you Fastlane to recommend some books. So far I have on order (from the library), but im sure fastlaners can recommend some other books covering the business launch process :notworthy:

• Entrepreneur's toolkit : tools and techniques to launch and grow your new business [Richard Luecke]
  • Will it fly? : how to know if your new business idea has wings-- before you take the leap [Thomas K. McKnight]
  • Franchising and licensing agreements [Keith Berman, Paul Sumpter]
On a side note - about to open 'How to buy and sell apartment buildings' by Eugene, as recommended here. Looking foward to it :yourock:

Regards,
Matt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

neverfastenough

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jul 17, 2008
Ca
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ready-Fire-Aim-Million-Agora/dp/0470182024/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230031351&sr=8-1"]Ready, Fire, Aim [/ame] is an interesting read…

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
There are a bunch of good books. The "Rich Dad" Series is a great very basic start. There is much more to learn then what he teaches.

I would take a look more at the forum here - and don't be afraid to ask questions! (no matter how "dumb" they may seem.) The success stories often show what didn't work, and what did work.

You could piece together an amazing book just by reading many of the posts on this forum. The ideas and people on here are do-ers. They get things done. Their experience is invaluable.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.