The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Is No Field of Dreams

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Build it and they will come they said...not quite. Well they came but they didn't buy, YET.

This progress thread is in follow up to my thread: INTRO - Never too old to get started right?

I officially launched my first real business effort & website this past weekend at an event catered to my specific market (volleyball players, their parents, & coaches). I networked, handed out flyers, and generally talked about the long term goals of the business and helping the community it serves. I will be the first to admit I'm not a salesman and had to push to step outside of my comfort zone and talk to the people that I did. I know I could have talked to a lot more.

In general there were positive thoughts and well wishes in the endeavor. I was pleased with the feedback. I drove traffic to the website though not as much as I had hoped and there were no conversions. I realize a few things:

1. I need to do a lot better at networking and talking up the business and how we can positively impact lives within the volleyball community.
  2. I need to do a better job of putting products out that my customers want rather than what I think looks cool. I also need a better way to get this feedback other than no sales.
  3. I need to relax and go through the process without getting discouraged (plan, do, check, tweak, repeat).

It's been three days from the official launch and I have over 100 followers on each of Instagram, FB, & Pinterest. It grows every day so I know I'm making progress.

It's only a matter of time before the first sale. Oh...and I have an opportunity to expand my market into a whole community in Italy. Who knew volleyball was so popular there?!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.