The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Ideas

Idea threads

BradyH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Mar 13, 2018
Washington State
I went down a weird rabbit hole while on the internet tonight. I found the website of the guy who created Automattic, which is the engine that drives websites like Wordpress and VaultPress. His name is Matt Mullenweg, and he was an angel investor until last year when he took over development of WordPress.

If anyone needs inspiration for being able to find a need, check out what Matt invested in. He's a man who saw a need before anyone else on the planet (or, at least, he acted on a need virtually no one else saw), so I'd consider his opinion to be very valuable.

My link shows all his investments and their current status: "RIP", "Sold", etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Awesome find.

But one thing that stands out about the WordPress guys is that they didn't really nail the value capture aspect.

Mullenweg, after cofounding WordPress (most common website platform on the whole internet), and doing all that Angel investing, is apparently only worth $40M. That's great money, but not relative to the money running through his creation.

So now he's still developing for the thing, and his co-founder lives in obscurity and still does WordPress training.

These guys certainly offer lessons to be learned.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.