• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Business help, niche wine and vineyard

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Deliafiori, Feb 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Deliafiori

Deliafiori New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Hello my name is Delia, I am Italian but currently living in London, I discovered this forum reading the fast lane!

I am an entrepreneur I have started two small business and I need advice to make them running!

First: I have a small vineyard in Italy and I produce around 6,000 bottle, which is a very very small amount! the wine is great because we decide to create a niche product based on sustainability and quality!

Now here in London I m finding very difficult to sell it!Many restaurant and wine shop say that the price is too high being a unknown wine!and they want to cut my price down!

I believe that the solution is to sell online or to private customers, that will help me to sell the wine for a better price that can give my a better profit and freedom.
    I started a catering event company based on a Sardinian concept ( that is were I m from) to promote my culture and the wine too!

I want to make both business work well and I want to sell the wine on line only! that will give me freedom and better revenue! How can I create a funnel that give me the possibility to sell the wine fast and how can I make the customer choose that product instead a more famous one?Any advice will be more than welcome,
    Thanks in advance D

I also would love to have more advice how to get the good customer for my event company!

Thanks very much Delia

2. Merging Left

Merging Left Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,723
    Has your wine won any awards? What allows you to justify a high cost? Are your production costs high such that you will lose money with lower prices?

In general, you'll sell to restaurants and grocery stores at 50% of the retail value. For example, if your wine should retail at $20, you would sell it to the restaurant for $10.

3. Deliafiori

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Hello yes the wine won a decanter award and a wine award in a festival with over 70 company competition, we are featured in the best wine Italian guide like: vini buoni di veronelli and vini buoni d italia! We have been rated by several wine blogger with a score of 80,90/100 restaurant in England sell it btw 29 and 45 and my whole sale price have to be around 10 to stay in the market, if l
    sell private l
    Can reach 20£ for a bottle also because the product is very good, doing 6000 bottle the profit at 10 is super low considering the high duty taxes, and the wine can last 10 years in a bottle so a gem that you can have for a long time! What you will suggest?

4. Merging Left

Rep Bank:
    $3,723
    Does Naked Wines operate internationally? They can be a good way to showcase an independent brand like yours to a more passionate group. Same for something like Wine Exchange.

Amazon also sells wine, so you could look to that.

You can sell direct to customers by participating in events (for example, pouring wine at a food festival), but insurance and entrance fees could make this not a good route.

Unfortunately, creating a website and putting your wines online simply isn't enough to start a business. You'll need to consider a marketing plan - how are you going to get noticed? How will you attract people to your website?

When your wines won the awards, did you notice any increase in sales? Do you currently have a way to sell directly to customers?

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  5. Deliafiori

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Yes we sold out all
    The wine, and yes a create a company that promote Sardinian wine and food in order to make people know! Naked wine told me my wine was to expensive too, fact: l have 1 unique wine and my idea know is to bring other Sardinian wine to make people aware of the amazing wine that Sardinia prodece!
    Price are higer if u have a very small production but good thing they are Unique and the quality is 300 times better

6. Merging Left

Rep Bank:
    $3,723
    It sounds to me like you're pursuing two different ideas here.

1) Sell your wine online
    2) Create a catering company that also features/serves your wines

I think these are two very different business models, and you would do best to focus on just one for now.

Do you have a Wine Club? The winery I work at has a wine club that people pay an annual membership for and then every 3 months, we ship them a case of wine. I think they get to choose between a few different varietals, but you have only one wine, so it's an easy choice. You could design it to be 1-5 bottles for wine club members instead of an entire case.

If you want to continue to grow your wine business, maybe look into buying bulk wine to blend yourself, or even buying blended wine and putting your label on it (lower margins). That way you can increase production volume and grow your brand faster.

If you want to start a catering business, then you need to develop your business plan for that and start to build that. But they are different businesses, and if you try to do both, you might fail at both.

7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $387,065
    Admin Post
    I changed your thread title so you might get some more eyeballs.

Hmm, that's not terribly expensive. (about $30 USD) Are you sure price is the issue?

8. JoelM

JoelM Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $286
    I hear the wine industry is very competitive and it is a must having a brand.

9. Merging Left

Rep Bank:
    $3,723
    Highly, highly competitive.
    [​IMG]

It's very difficult to justify charging more than $15 USD on a store shelf. Boutique wineries aren't in the big box stores as much, and target more boutique liquor stores or sell direct to consumers.

The winery I work for is a large, recognizable brand, and not boutique, so unfortunately I can't offer a lot of advice in that area.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.