The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business groups

LucasMartin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2017
Poland
I'm just wondering about a piece of advice that we get from self-developments' books.

For instance, if you want to be a successful entrepreneur you should attend to meeting about business and be around business people. But if you look more deeply you notice that most of the people in that groups are like you. Especially near your localizations.

To be a group of very successful people, it's not easy. There is a barrier. Maybe it's a social barrier. I'm looking the way to be around people who have more experience than me. Very successful people don't have a time. I'm still working to be a person who gives first and then takes. In my opinion, to be like this person require practice every day.

Here a question guys what you do to be helpful but the biggest scale?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
This forum is our business group. Read the gold/notable threads and adopt their lessons.

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
I'm just wondering about a piece of advice that we get from self-developments' books.

For instance, if you want to be a successful entrepreneur you should attend to meeting about business and be around business people. But if you look more deeply you notice that most of the people in that groups are like you. Especially near your localizations.

To be a group of very successful people, it's not easy. There is a barrier. Maybe it's a social barrier. I'm looking the way to be around people who have more experience than me. Very successful people don't have a time. I'm still working to be a person who gives first and then takes. In my opinion, to be like this person require practice every day.

Here a question guys what you do to be helpful but the biggest scale?

You want passage into the inner circle? Give value.
Let me explain.

I've told this story before, but a few years ago - I thought my life was a big fuqin' joke.
I was broke.
I was living in my old bedroom at my parents house.
I was DEEP in debt.
I worked at a minimum wage job.
I went back and forth from being depressed.

It was a shit show.

Within 2 years I had implemented some VERY SIMPLE strategies, that landed me a dream job in Shanghai, China (where I currently live).

One of these strategies was to cold email brands and small companies, that I liked and could work with, and offer value to them.
Everyone was always 'asking' them for something. So what if I could 'help' them with a problem? Make their lives easier...

Get me?
I liked marketing.
But, I was working a minimum wage retail job and needed to gain skills to get hired for a marketing position.

I had one little skill I could offer these companies - and that was Instagram strategy.
I would pick 2-3 small brands I liked, or found them on the "popularity" page on Kickstarter - and I would then look at their Instagram.

If it wasn't up to "par", I would email them and SHOW THEM how they could make it better.
I showed them the before (their image) and then made another one that was better (the after).

It had all the hashtags, linked to accounts where they could get featured, etc.
I custom tailored every email to these companies - every day.

Some said "yes", to paying me a small fee to be that Instagram person and teaching me a few things along the way. And some said "no".
But in 2 years, I had gotten enough yes' under my belt to get the IMPORTANT "yes" - that has brought me to my current state today.

Here are some examples of cold outreach emails (pay attention to Johnathan Dane's email)
Charlie Hoehn's email in the Recession Proof Graduate & the email he pitched to work for Tim Ferriss.
One by Devesh Khanal (ignore the pop-ups and take in what he's saying in the article)
And the last one is cold emailing people to get an informational interview - by Ramit Sethi

If you want to work with business' or brands - google who the top companies are, that are making $5MM per year and cold email them.
Give them VALUE - over the top if possible. And work within their organization in a specific department or be their right hand woman (or man) in scaling the business.

You could have your fingers in multiple aspects of the business or do a deep dive into one subject - but the point is to offer so much value to someone that you get that "yes".

And that is where life begins, my friend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.