The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Card

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I handed out my first business card today to a potential client. I hope this is a start to a new bright future.

Awesome! Did you just give him a card or did you uncover his needs and sell him a solution?

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL
Awesome! Did you just give him a card or did you uncover his needs and sell him a solution?
He is a dentist who I have been talking to just in passing. He already has an IT consultant, but he is going to pass it along. I see him just about everyday.Got more work to do on the getting client front.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Shit, that reminds me, I still have to get some. People ask my business card but I keep using excuses as "they're in my car" or "I left them at home".

Take a picture of your business card. Then when you don't have them, say "I just ran out, but let me message you my info." Then send them a picture of your card. This works perfectly in China where WeChat is the standard. It won't work as well in the West, but still better than not having a business card when asked.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Take a picture of your business card. Then when you don't have them, say "I just ran out, but let me message you my info." Then send them a picture of your card. This works perfectly in China where WeChat is the standard. It won't work as well in the West, but still better than not having a business card when asked.

But I don't even have a business card! It's the entrepreneur world upside down!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The whole "you don't need business cards, that's action faking" thing is a bit ridiculous. It is commonplace to have business cards and I'm glad I didn't see anyone bash him.

Don't be a fag with your business card though. The glossy crazy photo crap all over the place. They used to be unique but now every print shop does them.

Mine look like the clip above. Linen paper, serrif font and raised ink.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
People ask my business card

IMO, that's a sign you need them.

The whole "you don't need business cards, that's action faking" thing is a bit ridiculous.

Could be action-faking, depends on the business and if it is heavily people/sales oriented.

I haven't been asked for a business card probably in a decade. Then again, I'm not networking at the Chamber of Commerce events.

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
A business card is really helpful when you are networking or even if you just need to hand your info to someone else. As @Kak said you don't need some crazy stuff on it just something nice looking. Just don't forget to actually hand them out! Starting out I was very shy and intimated to approach people well you know that wont get you far...

Also the other day some guy at the mall of all places was trying to sell me on some Amway or similar nonsense to come on board and be a rep (yeah right) I asked for his business card just to entertain him, he didn't have one and offered to text me his info. Guess what? I'm not going to give you my phone number just off the bat and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would feel that way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.