The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Business Air Condition

Ing

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 8, 2019
Hi,
In Germany air condition is not common. Not very many private houses have one.
I m thinking about selling and install so called split climas, assembled ready to installed.
A simple hp with only a few different kinds.

- i think, the warmer the sumers get, the more people want one. Also you can heat with them in winter.
- for dealing with that gas used in it, you have to get a training with exam. So intrance is not too easy
- scaleing is difficult without loosing control. What prevents a contractor to do it on his own, when i let him do the training?

Does this sound like a good idea, which could be scaled?

What i think about, too: with this I could help a lot of friends: either in helping them to get a job, or to get them a affordable air conditioning.

I ask for your opinions.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Jon L

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2015
Santa Maria, CA
Do people want air conditioning in Germany? I remember when I went to Frankfurt years ago, I walked into large, very nice buildings (bank buildings and the like) and they weren't air conditioned. Or at least they weren't to the standards here in the US. I asked someone I met and he said that people there don't like going in and out of cold temperatures back into hot temperatures. They think that makes them sick.

I know nothing more about German culture surrounding air conditioning, and even that knowledge is 30 years old.

But - there's a reason why people don't have it there. I doubt its about cost. Germany has the money. I'd first figure out how to overcome people's objections to it.

If it is about cold temperatures and the belief that they make you sick, maybe you could market a 'filtered air conditioner - designed to keep you comfortable AND reduce your chance of getting a cold.'

OP
OP
I

Ing

New Contributor
Jun 8, 2019
Do people want air conditioning in Germany? I remember when I went to Frankfurt years ago, I walked into large, very nice buildings (bank buildings and the like) and they weren't air conditioned. Or at least they weren't to the standards here in the US. I asked someone I met and he said that people there don't like going in and out of cold temperatures back into hot temperatures. They think that makes them sick.

I know nothing more about German culture surrounding air conditioning, and even that knowledge is 30 years old.

But - there's a reason why people don't have it there. I doubt its about cost. Germany has the money. I'd first figure out how to overcome people's objections to it.

If it is about cold temperatures and the belief that they make you sick, maybe you could market a 'filtered air conditioner - designed to keep you comfortable AND reduce your chance of getting a cold.'
When I talked to several people, I often heard, when the asked a company for a ac offer, they were put off or had no repy either. Therefor I think, there are people, who want it. But it could be more money in companys, which want one than in privates.

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom