The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a product from scratch

Rigged

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 17, 2015
New York
Hello, I have joined the forum a while ago, followed reading TMFL which I am greateful for.

I have a product in mind that I know I can improve drastically and make it completely different from the generic one that fails terrible on what it is supposed to do.
I have searched the forum and the web deeply unable being to find what my step should be.
I have the drawings for the product I want to create but I do not know where to take it forward from here. I am not sure what kind of manufacturer I need to contact in order to create my prototype. I would be made of glass for the high end user and plastic for the money safer.
Do I contact a manufacturer straight with my proposition? Do I get a design of my product made 3D? Where do I get my product designed in 3D?
I would highly appreciate a little guidance in what my next step should be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nathan F

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2016
Hello, I have joined the forum a while ago, followed reading TMFL which I am greateful for.

I have a product in mind that I know I can improve drastically and make it completely different from the generic one that fails terrible on what it is supposed to do.
I have searched the forum and the web deeply unable being to find what my step should be.
I have the drawings for the product I want to create but I do not know where to take it forward from here. I am not sure what kind of manufacturer I need to contact in order to create my prototype. I would be made of glass for the high end user and plastic for the money safer.
Do I contact a manufacturer straight with my proposition? Do I get a design of my product made 3D? Where do I get my product designed in 3D?
I would highly appreciate a little guidance in what my next step should be.
Hey, just a thought but it would be better to either go with the high end glass one only or the plastic only.

Rudynate

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 3, 2016
San Francisco, CA
There are free-lance product design consultants who can help you, or you can hire a product design company.

I have worked with these two:

www.tarlowdesign.com;

www.focuspdm.com.

I haven't worked with the guys below, but they do exciting work:

http://www.aproe.com

These are just a few. There are lots of companies like this throughout the country. Just google "product design" or "prototyping" or "design engineer."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.