The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brush your teeth before you start a business!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
This goes out to the the new members that can't wait to start their business (me included): How often do you brush your teeth? And how consitent are you with that daily task?

If that answer reveals a bad hygene for your teeth, I have some bad news for your business:

How do you expect to create a successfull business and a successfull mind if you can't even brush your teeth consistently?

Yes, there are excuses as "I'm tired right now" or "I rather watch tv", but as I read so far in the businessworld you are going to face the same excuses! Situations will be even worse, the task suddenly dont last 3 minutes but 3 hours or days!

And I hope you understand that this post is less about clean teeth but more about performing a daily habit. It takes literally less than 15min over the whole day and yet people miss it (me included, ups).
Or take 'making your bed' if you don't care about your teeth - if you want to learn completly new skills you are much likely going to face worse situations than doing that boring task again and again.

TLDR: If you can't keep up the habit up brushing your teeth (15min daily), how do you expect to create other habits (that take up way more time)?

If you think I'm completly wrong with this one, you are most likely right since I have no experience yet. I just "dreamed" while thinking about skipping my toothbrushing and had to stop myself.

Thanks for reading :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
You are absolutely right. To further hit on your point, here is Admiral William H. McRaven on why its so important to make your bed every morning. This was at the 2014 UTexas-Austin graduation ceremony:

04:44

"To make your bed every morning, you will have accomplished the first task of the day. It will give you a sense of pride, and it will encourage you to do another task. And another. And by the end of the day, that one tasked completed, will turn into many tasks completed."

"Making your bed reinforces that the little things matter; if you can't do the little things right, you will never be able to do the big things right"

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
"To make your bed every morning, you will have accomplished the first task of the day. It will give you a sense of pride, and it will encourage you to do another task. And another. And by the end of the day, that one tasked completed, will turn into many tasks completed."

"Making your bed reinforces that the little things matter; if you can't do the little things right, you will never be able to do the big things right"
Great points! Thank you for posting!
I can definetly agree - when I start my day with a small task that give me the "pride of archieving something" like making my bed, make sport for a few seconds or define my goals for the day, I am continuing this throughout the whole day!
I can recommend "Miracle Morning", it is a book about a daily routine in the morning to do daily actions that are "required" for your goal and kickstart your day off with something great!

Swam010

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 8, 2016
Great points! Thank you for posting!
I can definetly agree - when I start my day with a small task that give me the "pride of archieving something" like making my bed, make sport for a few seconds or define my goals for the day, I am continuing this throughout the whole day!
I can recommend "Miracle Morning", it is a book about a daily routine in the morning to do daily actions that are "required" for your goal and kickstart your day off with something great!

start taking cold showers and cold baths, morning and evening!

You will scream like a little girl the first 100 days, but if you can't go through the discomfort of cold showers, how can you go through any other uncomfortable situations?

Your mind changes when you push yourself to an icebath.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hmm...I suppose here's my latest wisdom. And what my whole novels about. Abandonment! Brushing your teeth is only one step of the bad habits of neglecting yourself and abandoning yourself. This should be enlightening for anyone as introverted entrepreneur.

Fortunately, the main theme of society is addiction, abandonment, alcoholism, and abuse. Depression is abandoning self. Depression is emotional, mental, spiritual death.

Abandonment is escaping from pain and suffering on the emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical level.

By human nature this is what we do, Abandon ourselves and others to escape reality. It numbs our feelings, emotions, and takes away from the problems in our lives.

The entertainment business is a thriving billionaire heaven, because as entrepreneurs, we study human nature, psychology, and we know we're all creatures of habit. Sign up for the first 21 days, How can I serve you today? Please select which way you would like to escape?

I believe the whole point of being out of the Matrix or even being an Entrepreneur is learning to trade bad habits, for positive habits. We basically step out of the world of escapism, into reality while everyone else is still napping catching the latest trends.

Fortunately, Entrepreneurship asks everything of us. I suppose it's a double edge sword. We abandon the bad habits, the pleasure of self-gratification, the pleasure of short-term gains, the nice shiny objects of the moment, parties, etc. to show up for ourselves and show up for the world. If Entrepreneurs abandoned themselves, if we indulged in escapism, and didn't form good habits, well the world would have no escapism.

Escapism is healthy to an extent. Perhaps it's just what choices we choose to escape. Entrepreneurship is an investment, and perhaps I indulge in being one, love the adrenaline rush, love the challenge, and sure, breaking all those bad habits, moving through obstacles, and climbing mountains of information is an adventure, in the end, I have something to leverage, take with me no matter where I go in life, and lasts the rest of my life. This has been my form of escapism. I'm investing in my future, in my bank account, and in my mental, my emotional, my spiritual, and my physical health.

So I just had my teeth cleaned by the way, dental floss, and use those little pick brushes, and brush my teeth for five minutes a day. Unbelievable the lessons I've learned this year already. Hitting my head on the sink and splitting it open, because I exhausted myself for the last two years, and physical anxiety, from not moving physically, I suppose, it's part of the process, and on the way to the road of wealth, is understanding all bad habits from sidewalk and slow lane have to be changed. I suppose I learned my body needs to be moving as much as my brain.

It's kind of like the slow lane and side walk doors being closed, and you can't take any of the bad thinking patterns, fears, anxiety, addictions, habits, with you. So it's been a year of physical habits for me, and the only thing really left to change.

Bottom line: To be an Entrepreneur and Wealthy, you can no longer Abandoned yourself in any shape or form. You are required to show up for yourself. If you're INFJ like me, it means you can't stay behind the scenes anymore.
Yes, you must make a habit as an introvert to show up on cam, in written words, and be center stage.

Ah...the introvert screams in silence. And very simple when I got on Blab the first two times, I made sure my hair was messy, make up not so good, and average clothes. The best test for an introvert, if they don't like you this way, they won't accept you, approve of you, or like you. Self-sabotage. Ha Ha! Well they loved me, and I was a complete natural and nothing to worry about. This is the enlightening part, you're a natural at inspiring others no matter what you look like. It appears outer appearance isn't necessarily what people are after. This was just a fun experiment.

I suppose there comes a point when abandonment of yourself or other people doesn't work anymore. Perhaps once you go through the process and journey, you understand there is no excuse not to show up. And you can't find an excuse anymore. Your brain doesn't work that way anymore. Life doesn't work that way anymore. Once you've gotten rid of the negative stuff, you can only shine brighter.

It doesn't mean you don't have anxiety and fear, it just means you don't revert back to bad habits, and do things in a more appropriate way. Reaching your full potential is breaking every habit.

The adventure is surreal the farther you travel along. :)

ClickDale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 24, 2016
And I hope you understand that this post is less about clean teeth but more about performing a daily habit.

DEAD WRONG! Now for the record...I brush my teeth at least twice a day...but I often floss 3 times a day...once after each meal. Anyways...I often skip the daily habit of eating breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner because I am in the zone. I'm in beast mode. My cute little daughter came to get me for dinner this evening while I was setting up a PPC campaign. I came 20 minutes later..and I felt forced to go. The night before I skipped dinner entirely. When you do something you love, you'll skip all kinds of daily habits. When you hate what you do, then there's no way you're going to miss dinner.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
When you do something you love, you'll skip all kinds of daily habits. When you hate what you do, then there's no way you're going to miss dinner
I have never thought about that point. It makes sense, once you have something up and running, once you have built business habits, it looks like you can forget other habits.
But please dont miss eating!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My cute little daughter came to get me for dinner this evening while I was setting up a PPC campaign. I came 20 minutes later..and I felt forced to go. The night before I skipped dinner entirely.

I write this because I don't want you to regret it in a few years.

Family and health comes first.

PPC campaigns can wait. That 20 minute dinner with your cute little daughter can't.

You'll treasure those memories with your family. You'll also treasure your health.

You won't remember when you built that PCC campaign. Do it when the kids aren't in the house, or when they've gone to bed.

It's not about how much time we have, but what we do with that time.

Me? I refuse to spend less time with my kids so I can spend more time with them later. That would be deluding myself, and I'll regret it later on.

Great thread @Ika. Thanks.

"How you do anything is how you do everything."

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Such a simple thread, such great information. It brought back memories of a saying a very successful person once told me, "finish the most difficult task/goal you have for that day, that way you don't have to constantly be dreading that unpleasant task you must do."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.