The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brokering 7+ Figure Deals & Taking a Cut?

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I run an agency and charge $2K/mo. The issue? I want to get into something much more high ticket.

I'm really good at B2B Marketing (Eg. lead gen, generating appointments, closing deals, etc) and have closed deals that are $50K-$100K+ in the past in past businesses.

Someone recently told me that they broker corporate loans by connecting companies wanting $1M-10M loans to Corporate Lenders. All they do is make the introduction and take a 1% cut.

Eg. They connect a company to get a $10M loan from a lender, boom: They make $100K (1% cut) just from making the introduction

Another example they gave was connecting Large Fund Management Firms wanting to acquire companies and taking a cut (eg. Connecting a fund to a $10M company that they end up buying)

The point is, I want to get into something more high ticket like this by brokering 7 figure deals. Whether its corporate loans, company acquisitions, or even private jets.

Has anyone here had experience/knowledge when it comes to brokering 7+ Figure Deals? If so, what are your thoughts on the biz model?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
This is essentially the role of an investment bank,, but at a smaller scale..

The biggest difference is volume. The sales cycle for generating leads is very different from the kind of deals you mentioned, which can take months to close on average and require a lot more touchpoints.

If I were doing this, I'd pick a subset of the industry where you have contacts/experience and become the authority so dealflow is not a challenge.

For example, family owned hvac businesses with $15MM in revenue in the northeast looking for a $2MM line of credit. The more you can pre vet and pre-qualify prospects, the more valuable you potentially become. Then it's a matter of establishing relationships on the other side with the banks, funds, etc. You'll have to also learn the criteria, lingo, process so you can answer questions and add value.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Check out Sohail Khan. He has many podcasts about joint venturing these kinds of deals.

I've heard good things but never worked with him though. So take it with a grain of salt.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.