The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brett here from Miami

BrettA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Aug 18, 2017
Miami
Hey everyone,

I’m Brett from Miami, Florida. Here to get my act together (again).

I read TMFL a few years ago, loved it and did nothing from the knowledge I gained. I even gave several people copies – who have not read them. I’ve also just finished UnScripted – the first half really got me pissed off at myself.

I have owned a successful printing business and did very well in the early 2000’s. The income from that business allowed my wife and I to buy a very nice house on a lake in 2001, travel the world and generally live a great life.

We bought investment properties, did flips, had tenants, etc. It was fun and exciting until the market crashed. Not being able to see the crash coming (although I had a neighbor sell at a very high rate who told me it was coming and he would rent for a few years then buy again – he banked an extra $300k by doing this!) we made a few speculative investments and the whole enchilada collapsed.

During this boom time, I let my main printing business run on autopilot and it stilled pulled in a decent income for several years with little attention to it paid by me.

My wife had left her job to become a realtor for our “house business” so we had a rough year or two (and had a baby in 2010) but we started doing some smart marketing for her business and she is kicking a$$ – which is great!

However, I was a bit lost. Not really wanting to go back and work in my printing business. I tried a few things – none of which really worked.

I wrote a book in the industry and was working on a training program for the type of printing business I was successful at but didn’t know enough about marketing to realize the needed customers had to find me as there was no way for me to find them. - The book still sells and I earn about $500. Per year from it so it almost makes up the time I spent writing it.

I also tried ecomm, building fan pages (of crap), etc. Not really thrilled with these but do have some paper (printed) products that sell on Amazon on autopilot to the tune of a few thousand profit a year.

I am working on something that there IS a market for and it’s a bit counter to the prevailing digital “everything” out there but again – I know it works.

I’m here because I have slowed down, lost my focus (even though I have this project – when I work on it - it’s just not shiny enough yet – there is no feedback loop – YET!) and I need to get my act together again. I have been easily distracted by trying to learn new things, new “marketing directions”, managing her marketing (which isn’t really that much) and as late have felt like a fraud and a failure.

Those successes in my printing and house business were a long time ago and I feel like a fraud and not pulling my weight around here.

So, hello everyone. I’m be here as often as I can. I believe I have a good plan and maybe will start a progress thread. Having people commenting on my progress or lack of would be a great help. I’ve always been and end of day / end of week / deadline guy so maybe that will help. (Thursday is my most productive day of the week.)

Be well,

Brett

PS – As a side note: I still own the printing business but at the moment it’s throwing MUCH less income than before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Brett and thanks for the intro. Sounds like you have had "tastes" of Unscripted living and definitely know it's doable.

Welcome aboard. (And thanks for giving TMF to friends!)

BrettA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Aug 18, 2017
Miami
Hello Brett and thanks for the intro. Sounds like you have had "tastes" of Unscripted living and definitely know it's doable.

Welcome aboard. (And thanks for giving TMF to friends!)

Thank you MJ.

A "taste" is a great way to put it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...