The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brainwashing for Success?

Anything related to matters of the mind

MrShah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Jul 10, 2014
Is it possible, after repeatedly watching subliminal affirmation videos, to have a mindset programmed for success? (Offcourse,Nothing is equivalent to action). Interesting to know the other day I found a channel on YT which had both Audio + Visual Subliminal clips. Usually, I'd just pass, but these were pretty solid.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Is it possible, after repeatedly watching subliminal affirmation videos, to have a mindset programmed for success? (Offcourse,Nothing is equivalent to action). Interesting to know the other day I found a channel on YT which had both Audio + Visual Subliminal clips. Usually, I'd just pass, but these were pretty solid.

Positive affirmations are like taking a pile of dog shit, covering it in frosting. And calling it a cupcake.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
You had me at dog shit.
Wouldn't it be nice to remove the dog shit so these positive affirmations actually work?

Most people miss the first part, and something deep down is still holding them back...But what is that one thing?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
They're full of shit?
I can stare in the mirror all day and call myself confident.

But if I'm insecure and care what people think - that's always going to get in the way.

Most people don't look at the dark sides of them and release those parts which have been holding them back.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
I am guilty of trying pretty much any strategy to improve myself regarding "self-improvement". From reading some of the " classics" (think and grow rich, How to win friends + influence people, The richest man in Babalyon, etc.), listened to thousands of hours of audio/motivational speeches, tried various forms of mediation, and so on...

Personally, I actually feel/find myself in a NEGATIVE state of mind now after listening/reading types of items... Why?

First, it reminds me when I was a fat kid/teen where I read EVERYTHING about losing weight/fitness. I was a damn expert on the subjects, yet I never could get motivated or stay motivated to follow through until I decided randomly to move Southern California totally spontaneous. The vibe of the culture combined with so many BEAUTIFUL women. I was used to seeing an attractive girl occasionally in Kansas City but all the sudden I'm living in Newport beach surrounded by TRUE 8-10's all every where... Long story short, I was in shape and addicted to fitness within a 3 months.. Lol

Secondly, I truly believe (especially since I've looked at so many ways to make money online), IMO majority of bloggers, author's, motivational speakers, coaches, etc... They either have never actually made much money while they are trying to EXPLAIN TO OTHER'S HOW TO...

Or, one of the most topics that majority of our society would to learn or "find the key to success/riches" in a book, blog, someone telling them, etc. Which learning specifics for example on tax loopholes regarding real estate or something factual information to apply is one thing... To start 10 blogs that are aimed at 10 different audiences on the subject of creating wealth while using wordAI programs along with ghost writer's where your just selling that immediate sense of "feel" good to your audience but MAJORITY lack any real content since it's obvious the info is regurgitated info typed using different words....

Does it work? I believe so... There will always be people "wanting" to change and as I said I'm guilty of that immediate feel good motivation that wears off a day or two later... Then I would search or find another source that grabbed my attention and so on.... Is it morally right or wrong to sell snake oil or "feel good" copy written material to desperate sheeples? That's your opinion not mine... I think selling cigarettes should be a crime but it's not...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.