The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Boycott effects question

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
There is currently a boycott on NWS stock (foxnews) for political reasons which I will not discuss on these forums. I have read hundreds of folks stating they will be selling this stock on the first of the week. I'm not a stock investor (other then the index 500), so my question is this.

How much of a sell off would cause an investor to be concerned for a major corporation like this? How easily are stocks affected by these types of things? Do stocks quickly bounce back from these things? Might be an opportunity. I understand all these questions are dependent on various factors, but I am curious to your opinions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Unless fundamentals change, short term selling may depress the stock a few ticks, but for everyone seller there's a buyer. Once the selling ends, if the market perception of the business and its fundamentals do not change, the price returns to normal.
It is hardly a worry, I don't think a few hundred people selling will even cause a dent in the stock heh.

This is what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.