The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bought some photography gear, need pictures?

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I bought a bunch of photography gear (continuous lighting x2, white back drop that can fit larger products, new lens, DSLR camera, tripod, separate flash unit).

I produced some pretty good pictures for my Amazon listing using the camera set up + photoshop. I still need practice.

Practice makes perfect plus I want to give back to the community. If you need any pictures taken whether its for your website or your amazon listing, feel free to message me or post here.

**Note: I can only take pictures with a white back drop. I may buy different color back drops in the next month or so.

My set up (You can see my table out of boxes from China):

setup.jpg

Sample Pictures

picturesample.jpg
sample3.jpg

Gotta put a picture of my dog here

sample2.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Why are the umbrellas blocking the light?

The umbrellas helps disburse the light better. It helps with eliminating shadows and glare.

alecs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jan 23, 2013
United Kingdom
Nice, pictures look good. What kind of camera do you use? I know you wrote DSLR but what make,model? I am in the market for a quality camera and I have to say the picture of your dog is very clear and you can easily see all the details.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Those are some very nice looking pictures! What kind of camera/lens are you using, and what settings?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
How much was it all?

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
Just wanted to mention to the people asking about the camera type, that the lights there are the most important part. It's all about lighting. Those photos could have been taken with an iPhone.

Lightning and Photoshop. lol.
And from experience, natural lighting is the best lighting in photography. Smooth, even and not as bold as studio lights.
Studio lighting is more about convenience and control. Lighting does what you want and there's no need to adjust shutter speeds/ISO/etc since the lightning doesn't change (unlike sun and clouds).

So if you're doing a product shoot, you don't necessarily need a ton of gear. Do the shoots on a sunny day outside or near a big window.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Those are some very nice looking pictures! What kind of camera/lens are you using, and what settings?

Nikon D3100 with a 17-35mm lens. Since I have good lighting, my setting is always set at ISO 100, and Aperture at F/11

How much was it all?

$270 for the lighting equipment and tripod.

$280 for the DSLR. Came with a crappy lens so I borrowed a better lens from my brother.

I agree good lighting is everything but I don't think a iphone can take the same pictures.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Nikon D3100 with a 17-35mm lens. Since I have good lighting, my setting is always set at ISO 100, and Aperture at F/11

$270 for the lighting equipment and tripod.

$280 for the DSLR. Came with a crappy lens so I borrowed a better lens from my brother.

I agree good lighting is everything but I don't think a iphone can take the same pictures.

And then I'm guessing you guys use photoshop or a similar program to edit and crop. BTW do you guys pay the subscription for photoshop or use a free editor?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
And then I'm guessing you guys use photoshop or a similar program to edit and crop. BTW do you guys pay the subscription for photoshop or use a free editor?

I use Gimp 2, it's free.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
I use Gimp 2, it's free.

I've heard good things about that software. Recently I've used Pixlr, a web based app similar to photoshop, and also free :)

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I use photoshop on my mac and GIMP on my windows laptop. GIMP is good enough for what you'll need.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.