The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bought some Litecoins, won't arrive till a week later?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

finances5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 20, 2010
Hello everyone,

I bought some Litecoins on 11/28. Yet, it won't arrive in my account till 12/5? I don't recall it taking this long when I bought some Bitcoins in the past. Are there different factors involved and so forth?

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Hello everyone,

I bought some Litecoins on 11/28. Yet, it won't arrive in my account till 12/5? I don't recall it taking this long when I bought some Bitcoins in the past. Are there different factors involved and so forth?

Thanks in advance!
When I deposited USD from my bank account into my Coinbase/GDAX account, it took about 4 business days for the cash to arrive, but when I actually made the purchase it happened almost instantaneously

If you already have the currency in your account, I believe the purchase should happen right away. If you are purchasing via bank account, I believe there will be a delay. If you are purchasing via card, I believe it will happen right away, but you may pay a higher transaction fee.

Though I am by no means an expert, when it comes to the delay, I don't think it matters which coin you are purchasing.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Shouldn't take that long, especially with Litecoin, who are you using?

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Your settings were likely pulling from your bank account as a wireless transaction, which takes longer. Set your debit card up as the payment method, it happens instantly.

finances5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 20, 2010
Shouldn't take that long, especially with Litecoin, who are you using?
As the poster after you said, it's cause I was using a wireless transaction. Thanks anyway.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
I am sure you received them by now but in general you do not want to buy through coinbase without first transfering the cash into your coinbase cash wallet first. The reason is they take 7 days to deliver if you buy without having the funds in your account. This is very risky because say you bought Litecoin at$ 300 and then the market collapses in the 7 day waiting period, you won't be able to sell your Litecoin. Maybe this isn't a factor if you are just planning to buy and hold but for piece of mind, or if you are a trader, you should never do this with risk management in mind.

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!

finances5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 20, 2010
I am sure you received them by now but in general you do not want to buy through coinbase without first transfering the cash into your coinbase cash wallet first. The reason is they take 7 days to deliver if you buy without having the funds in your account. This is very risky because say you bought Litecoin at$ 300 and then the market collapses in the 7 day waiting period, you won't be able to sell your Litecoin. Maybe this isn't a factor if you are just planning to buy and hold but for piece of mind, or if you are a trader, you should never do this with risk management in mind.
Ok, how to transfer some cash to my coinbase wallet? Thanks.

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
Ok, how to transfer some cash to my coinbase wallet? Thanks.

Just wait until the market tanks and you have to wait 5 days to get out of it. Once you download the Coinbase app, or make an account online, you can setup your bank account and do a transfer, which takes roughly 4-5 days. If you use a credit card, it is instant but they limit the $ you can do, and charge like 4%.

The fees are so expensive that it dilutes a lot of gains, and the time to transfer funds takes too long to where it is tough to trade short-term. Hope you are in it for the long hall, and in that case, I hope you get out early enough.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.