The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books on Trading Stocks

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Can anyone recommend a really good book on trading stocks, the stock market etc.

That's a very broad question.

Which part specifically? Evaluating individual stocks, index funds, options, long/short portfolio management, daytrading?

Search on Amazon and Google. Look for good reviews.

From a Fastlane perspective, MJ DeMarco has described selling options as the "Fastlane of Finance". You could pick up a book on that, or watch "Tastytrade". MJ also has a long thread on this in the "INSIDERS".

Here's a link to MJ on the "Invest like a Boss" podcast.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woIcaSSNNn8&t=1311s

Be careful though as a lot of the resources out there on stocks are from a Slowlane perspective.

**edited for misspelling of there**

Last edited:

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
That's a very broad question.

Which part specifically? Evaluating individual stocks, index funds, options, long/short portfolio management, daytrading?

Search on Amazon and Google. Look for good reviews.

From a Fastlane perspective, MJ DeMarco has described selling options as the "Fastlane of Finance". You could pick up a book on that, or watch "Tastytrade". MJ also has a long thread on this in the "INSIDERS".

Here's a link to MJ on the "Invest like a Boss" podcast.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woIcaSSNNn8&t=1311s

Be careful though as a lot of the resources out their on stocks are from a Slowlane perspective.
Thanks for that information. I'll take a look.

Probably evaluating individual stocks and all the lingo.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Thanks for that information. I'll take a look.

Probably evaluating individual stocks and all the lingo.

In that case, "The Intelligent Investor", "Security Analysis" etc. Could also watch "Roaring Kitty" on YT, the guy who was an early owner of Gamestop Calls. Breaks his method down on YT Videos.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I enjoyed "Options as a Strategic Investment" when I started trading options. I only use a subset of the techniques documented, but understanding them, and having a broader view of how options can work with a portfolio has made a lot of difference. I probably read it 20 years ago, but there are newer editions: Amazon.com: Options as a Strategic Investment: Fifth Edition (0884389531726): McMillan, Lawrence G.: Books

Incidentally, I think understanding options is one of the better things to do if you're interested in stocks or commodities. If you understand them as tools for risk management, control, cost-effective leverage, and making income off of stocks you own, they'll do you good. And if you look at them as an extension of the craps table, they'll help you understand why hope and luck are generally not a wholesome part of your investment strategy.

Last edited:

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
I enjoyed "Options as a Strategic Investment" when I started trading options. I only use a subset of the techniques documented, but understanding them, and having a broader view of how options can work with a portfolio has made a lot of difference. I probably read it 20 years ago, but there are newer editions: Amazon.com: Options as a Strategic Investment: Fifth Edition (0884389531726): McMillan, Lawrence G.: Books

Incidentally, I think understanding options is one of the better things to do if you're interested in stocks or commodities. If you understand them as tools for risk management, control, cost-effective leverage, and making income off of stocks you own, they'll do you good. And if you look at them as an extension of the craps table, they'll help you understand why hope and luck are rarely a wholesome part of your investment strategy.
Will look into it. Thank you for your recommendation and insight.

eterogeniusbrain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 9, 2021
I trade forex, only only only focus on the chart patterns and master it. There is the answer but I cant help you more. Im giving you advice in very high command. I am an important forex trader. Im helping you cause its not okay to steal a lot of money of other people because you are so powerful guy that got luck in all that quantity of money, im also mentally challanged..... Take my advice for granted.... This is your day son. This is your day......

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
beg your pardon, by Robbie Burns. I forgot to put his name as he goes by the name of the Naked Trader

I think even if outside the UK you'd find incredible value in the book as he breaks down his strategy for knowing which companies to invest in using ADVN. It's really helped me considerably.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.