The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books on Cold calling

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Does anyone have any recommendations on books on cold calling? Techniques? Script guidance?

I am in sales full time now but generally work on large deals and cold calling isn't how these deals are made.

My new business however will need someone to cold-call businesses. I'll do the first 50-250 calls to get the method fine-tuned, then pass it over to an employee to complete.

Any recommendations to make this as effective as possible would be great. I have a holiday in Vanuatu soon so need a book or two for the beach! :groove:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA
The only book I can recommend is the phone book.

The only way to get good at cold calling is to do it.

Your prospects will have a handful of objections that come up over and over and over again.

Write out responses to those objections and give them to your employees.

Good luck!

SlimTycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 8, 2012
Cold Calling Techniques: That Really Work

Closing Techniques (That Really Work!)

Both by Stephan Schiffman
. His boooks are great and they make a hell of a lot of sense.

This one is a MUST read. It's good old fashioned sales. It digs into some powerful stuff. This book should required reading for anyone in business.

The Selling Bible: For People in the Business of Selling
by John F. Lawhon

All are available on Amazon.

Good luck

rbamf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 12, 2011
How to sell without being a jerk!

by John Klymshyn

This book definitely gave me some good easily implementable advice for my cold calling.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Cheers, 4 are on there way! This should keep my busy and let me hit the ground running when I get back.

Now to finish Steve Jobs biography first...

Cold Calling Techniques - By Stephan Schiffman
E-Mailing Selling Techniques - By Stephan Schiffman (saw this one and thought "Why not!") (Currently in online advertising so email is used in sales more than it should be it seems)
Closing Techniques - By Stephan Schiffman
https://www.fishpond.co.nz/product_info.php?id=9780470224557 How to Sell without Being a Jerk! By John Klymshyn

Although keep suggesting if there is more good ones out there :urock2:

SlimTycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 8, 2012
Good luck G,

those will keep you busy. Study and apply. You're going to be great man. I'm excited for you.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
The only book I can recommend is the phone book.

The only way to get good at cold calling is to do it.

Your prospects will have a handful of objections that come up over and over and over again.

Write out responses to those objections and give them to your employees.

Good luck!

This........

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
This........

Come on thats not entirely true. Obviously experience is important but so is educating yourself and self education is not going to do everything, otherwise why am i here, or any aspiring entrepreneur. Its to learn and understand the principles of what works/why so when i am out there in the field i have a better perspective and outlook. Why would anyone read books if experience was the answer.

If your just trying to make a point i get it, but if your 100% serious i don't really agree with you, even though you are the cold calling king and im the cold stalling king.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Come on thats not entirely true. Obviously experience is important but so is educating yourself and self education is not going to do everything, otherwise why am i here, or any aspiring entrepreneur. Its to learn and understand the principles of what works/why so when i am out there in the field i have a better perspective and outlook. Why would anyone read books if experience was the answer.

If your just trying to make a point i get it, but if your 100% serious i don't really agree with you, even though you are the cold calling king and im the cold stalling king.

Thanks theBiz. I feel it would be stupid of me to jump in blind and learn from practice. I want to read up on effective tip and tricks tried and tested by others first.... then jump in!

In a small country like New Zealand, with 1000 or so potential customers for this, I cant afford to go in blind.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Thanks theBiz. I feel it would be stupid of me to jump in blind and learn from practice. I want to read up on effective tip and tricks tried and tested by others first.... then jump in!

In a small country like New Zealand, with 1000 or so potential customers for this, I cant afford to go in blind.

Jack knows not me, so dont take my word for it. I would do both, they are right, do it right now but study at night, that you can never beat, applying new knowledge to experience is the best way to practice.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Agreed. I would never dismiss Jacks advice, especially on this topic.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
From my experience:

1. Do the call

2. Take notes after every call (mistakes, lessons learned, ideas etc.)

3. Work on your 'perfect script' and improve it

4. Do the call

5. Do the call

This works without #2 and #3 but not without the other 3 :D

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I read a whole book on it and tried it for a week. Landed no one. It sucks. I will never do it again LOL.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.