The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book Recommandations For Christian Entrepreneurs

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hey everyone,

I know that discussing religion and religious debates is against the forum rules. So please keep this in mind. This thread isn't aimed to discuss religion or stir any religious debate or controversy. My aim is to respect all forum rules, and I am here just to ask for some book recommendations.

This is the strongest community of entrepreneurs that I know online, hence why I've decided to ask this question here, where I am most likely to find some like-minded people who struggle with the same issues.

Recently, I've been growing in my Christian faith and I've become more interested to see how faith can strengthen us in our entrepreneurial journey. Specifically, I'm interested in books that look at entrepreneurship from a Christian perspective - even books that teach entrepreneurship from a Christian perspective. So if any of you have come across any such books that are VERY GOOD and you can recommend, I would be very thankful.

Thank you :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ben Taylor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Dec 7, 2015
Hey everyone,

I know that discussing religion and religious debates is against the forum rules. So please keep this in mind. This thread isn't aimed to discuss religion or stir any religious debate or controversy. My aim is to respect all forum rules, and I am here just to ask for some book recommendations.

This is the strongest community of entrepreneurs that I know online, hence why I've decided to ask this question here, where I am most likely to find some like-minded people who struggle with the same issues.

Recently, I've been growing in my Christian faith and I've become more interested to see how faith can strengthen us in our entrepreneurial journey. Specifically, I'm interested in books that look at entrepreneurship from a Christian perspective - even books that teach entrepreneurship from a Christian perspective. So if any of you have come across any such books that are VERY GOOD and you can recommend, I would be very thankful.

Thank you :)
I've heard that The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant is good for aspiring Christian entrepreneurs. Also, to give better recommendations, do you want books on business as mission or social entrepreneurship? Or something else entirely?

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I'm pretty sure Napoleon Hill talks about God a lot. It's also mentioned in Psycho Cybernetics. I think both authors view people as children of God. In that way everyone is equal so it should help squash a lot of limiting beliefs and tendencies to judge others.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Stephen R Covey, Jim Rohn, and John C Maxwell all mention a lot of biblical principles in their books.

@Kak might be a good person to tag for this thread.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Proverbs

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Some good ones here. I’ll add:

Dave Ramsey for Legacy Journey and Entreleadership.

I can recommend anything from Rabbi Daniel Lapin.

Maxwell Leadership Study Bible is my favorite bible.

Zig Ziglar is good too.

The biggest thing I’ll say is don’t view your faith and business at odds with one another. That couldn’t be farther from reality. Being an extremely wealthy businessman and a very generous Christian are NOT even close to mutually exclusive.

I will think of more too!

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
322%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
Michael Franzese interviews and books are worth a look. Very applicable to the business world.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
do you want books on business as mission or social entrepreneurship? Or something else entirely?
Yes, ideally I'm interested in both books on business as a mission, AND also how business fits into the Christian life (not seeing business and religion as mutually exclusive, as Kak puts it above)!

Some great answers so far, definitely ordering quite a few of these titles. Thanks everyone so far!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Hmmm... if business is a calling.. a ministry.. or a mission... then the principles for business should align with sound biblical doctrine.

I tried to comb through my library for appropriate books the idea that we can operate in two roles kept repeating in my mind.

The son of a successful tradesman was sent to a foreign country to do some business for his father. Every week he wrote home, sending two letters in the same packet. One letter was for his dad and mom and siblings. One was for his boss who needed to know what materials were needed, what problems occurred, what difficulties and possibilities were seen. If we are ambassadors we have been sent to gain ground, not lose it. I love that story.

These are not all overtly Christian but.. they combine to make a solid foundation on leadership, giving, prayer, and ministry.

The Autobiography of George Müller
(He raised millions for orphanages in England in the 1850’s through prayer ALONE.)

The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns (CEO of World Vision who gives 90% of his income away)

The Ministry of Intercession by Andrew Murray
(South African teacher on prayer that moves mountains)

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
(Leadership)

The Go-Giver by Bob Burg
(Giving)

Watership Down by Richard Adams
(this may very well be the greatest book on leadership in the known world)

God’s Secret To Greatness: Power of the Towel by David Cape
(This is one of the craziest most shocking ministry stories I’ve ever come across.. and yet it’s packed with financial wisdom about accomplishing things the way God wants us to)

The Gift of Forgiveness by Charles Stanley
(When you try to do anything you will be persecuted.. and when you suffer at the hands of ignorant, unfeeling, hard-hearted family members in your own church.... well. It sucks.)

The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin
(This does NOT seem to be Christian at all. And yet! It uses a very clear scriptural command to confess our faults as its premise for healing emotional blockages. Very powerful book, I believe it’s so incredibly powerful because it rests on biblical foundations)

Ok I have about three hundred more but they’re all gonna come at this from different directions.. basically God invests in our relationship with Him in every way imaginable so that we can be whole and happy. He absolutely cares about what we do and how we do it.

I’m glad you asked this question dude. I found like four books I forgot I had.. lol.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Second this.
If you have some prior knowledge of the other books of the Bible, to give more context and examples to the Proverbs, Bible reading becomes a lot more dynamic as you see how different verses create much congruence and details.

To knock some sense into Christian folks who think God is an ATM machine to riches, I’d suggest a classic: The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan.

It is in old English, but speaks a lot about the importance of process and staying true to principles, be it in the faith or business.

It's one of the few Christian semi-fiction works I actually enjoyed.

My Men’s Fellowship is studying The Christian Man by Patrick Morley.

It has many chapters on finding your life’s purpose, aligning priorities, marriage and even money. Very well-rounded book.

Patrick Morley also is known for his flagship book The Man in the Mirror.

I read a few chapters of it. It covers similar topics of the other book, but in a much more reflective manner.

Also, you may be surprised to find that The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino took some Bible characters and drew out much sales lessons in a business fable.

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I agree, but much of the instruction Solomon provides in Proverbs is quoted from, or allusions to, the Law of Moses.

I also see the book of Ecclesiastes as educational in relation to seeking wealth. Despite his income, largely from international trade, amounting in today's money to more than $1,000,000 per day, he saw the futility of increasing wealth. In 5:11, he wrote: "When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?"

Walter

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I will add one thing. Psycho-Cybernetics is an AMAZING read if you are a Christian. It will help you understand how your faith is tied into your mindset, and how your faith actually grounds your mindset.

You can read more here:

So definitely another highly recommended title to add to the list.

ARMAT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Feb 11, 2019
I have read couple of books by John Maxwell about leadership. He is a Pastor and very wise Man. His books empower Christian spirituality and faith. I am sure you will like it. It makes you strong leader which indirectly affects your business results. Good luck! ;)

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
I have read couple of books by John Maxwell about leadership. He is a Pastor and very wise Man. His books empower Christian spirituality and faith. I am sure you will like it. It makes you strong leader which indirectly affects your business results. Good luck! ;)

I second this! I've read Failing Forward by Maxwell twice and it's just awesome and really applicable to business. Also The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth which is great for personal and business development.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.