• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    How to Get Rich by Felix Denis

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: How to Get Rich, Felix Denis (Review | Discuss)

VOTE NOW! Book #3 - Nominate and Vote for Next Discussion!

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by MJ DeMarco, Jan 31, 2019.

Forum Book Discussion, Next Book to Read?!

Poll closed Wednesday at 11:17 AM.
  1. Man's Search for Meaning, Victor Frankl

24 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. Influence: Psychology of Persuasion, by Cialdini

31 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. How to Get Rich, by Felix Dennis

51 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. The One Thing, Gary Keller

15 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Abundance: The Future Is Better than You Think, Peter Diamandis

17 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. The Power of Habit, Charles Duhigg

11 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Ultimate Sales Machine, Holmes

15 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. Never Split The Difference, Chris Voss

30 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. lejus

lejus Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $388
    Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE by Phil Knight

From selling shoes from the trunk of his car to clothing empire, history of Nike written by its co-founder. This is not just lessons in business grouped together like a lot of books I read, this is a story of a business and one hell of a ride.

2. GSF

GSF Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,651
    jesseissorude, ZF Lee and Jello like this.
  3. harlansjobs

harlansjobs Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $135
    Sadly, many of do not and we run around on the hamster wheel of life!

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ likes this.
  4. Patrykkl

Patrykkl New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $38
    felix dennis how to get rich

RazorCut, DonTriumph and MTF like this.
  5. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,625
    I see several votes for Felix Dennis's How to Get Rich.

Although I've already read it, it was such a pleasure to read, i'm down to do it again.

For a guy who was worth half a billion dollars, he had such a chill jolly attitude, and it really shows in the writing.

I'd vote for this book to be next, why not :)

6. Jonathan Hoch

Jonathan Hoch Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,793
    Pre-suasion - Robert Cialdini

The book goes just as in depth as his first book on the topic of persuasion (influence), but this time it is focused on everything leading up to making the sale, and does a great job of explaining how to go about each of the concepts.

LaraJF and Roli like this.
  7. Saiful

Saiful Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $324
    Marketing/Business gurus have good advice. Their tactics can work...IF you are in a position to effectively use them. 98% of people NEVER will be in this position and thus listening to business gurus is a total waste of time. If you have bad focus, bad work habits, and a bad brain you will never ever be able to compete and building a business will never be possible. If your brain, body and focus is weak, you will be stuck and poor.
    If you fix these things, building a business becomes easy.
    If you are agree please like this post.

My nomination is...
    The ONE Thing by Gary Keller
    https://www.amazon.com/ONE-Thing-Surprisingly-Extraordinary-Results/dp/1885167776/
    object-home-tot-book_cc61ed86.png

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    richRich, LaraJF, David 964 and 8 others like this.
  8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $374,874
    Admin Post
    Nominations still open, poll to be posted soon.

LaraJF, Daniel A and JunkBoxJoey_JBJ like this.
  9. Bhanu

Bhanu Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,070
    You can win by Shiv Khera . Excellent book .
    I felt so motivated by this book that I scored 99/100 Marks in Maths in Class 10 and stood 1st in my district . I have it with me even now. Good book .

https://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Win-step-achievers-ebook/dp/B00HQE51N4

Few Excerpts from the book which I like very much :
    -"Fritz Kreisler, the great violinist, was once asked, "How do you play so well? Are you lucky?" He replied, "It is practice. If I don't practice for a month, the audience can tell the difference. If I don't practice for a week, my wife can tell the difference. If I don't practice for a day, I can tell the difference.""
    -Nothing will take the place of persistence. Talent will not : Nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent . Genius will not : Unrewarded genius is a proverb. Education will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    -If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all. --Michaelangelo
    -We need to learn from nature. The duck keeps paddling relentlessly underneath but appears smooth and calm on top. Once when Fritz Kreisler, the great violinist, finished a concert, someone came up to the stage and said, "I'd give my life to play the way YOU do." Kreisler replied, "I did!" There is no magic wand for success. In the real world, success comes to doers, not observers. A horse that pulls cannot kick; a horse that kicks cannot pull. Let's pull and stop kicking. Without hard work there is no success. Nature gives birds their food but does not put it in their nest. They have to work hard for it. Nothing comes easy. Milton rose every morning at 4 a.m. to write Paradise Lost. It took Noah Webster 36 years to compile Webster's Dictionary. Even small accomplishments require hard work and are better than big talk
    -Does Lockheed organization have a reason to believe positively? You bet. Several years ago Lockheed introduced the L-1011 Tristar plane. In order to ensure safety and test the strength of the jetliner, Lockheed exposed the plane to the roughest treatment for 18 months, costing $1.5 billion. Hydraulic jacks, electronic sensors and a computer put the airplane through its paces for more than 36,000 simulated flights, amounting to 100 years of airline service, without one single malfunction. Finally after hundreds of tests the aircraft was given the seal of approval. * There is every reason to believe that this plane would be safe to fly, because of all the effort put into preparation.

Jello, Roli, MJ DeMarco and 1 other person like this.
  10. SamuelMazzotta

SamuelMazzotta New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $174
    How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis is a wonderful book, but I love even:

-Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance

-Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time

And the Trilogy of Yuval Noah Harari.

Jello, MJ DeMarco and Olimac21 like this.
  11. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $23,344
    Another vote for
    How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis

I couldn’t get on with Scrum.

Jello, Nik@16 and MTF like this.
  12. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Done Dicking Around Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,591
    I listened to this last year, and it's worth a second listen/read.

Ninjakid and biophase like this.
  13. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $178,748
    Just downloaded this one!

Ninjakid likes this.
  14. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $178,748
    This is a great book, especially for product business people.

Jello, B. Cole, Frank H. and 3 others like this.
  15. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Done Dicking Around Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,591
    [​IMG]

I've read several of Holiday's books, and enjoyed them all. This one's next on my list. From Amazon:

The book that Inc. says "every entrepreneur should read" and an FT Book of the Month selection...

How did the movie The Shawshank Redemption fail at the box office but go on to gross more than $100 million as a cult classic?

How did The 48 Laws of Power miss the bestseller lists for more than a decade and still sell more than a million copies?

How is Iron Maiden still filling stadiums worldwide without radio or TV exposure forty years after the band was founded?

Bestselling author and marketer Ryan Holiday calls such works and artists perennial sellers. How do they endure and thrive while most books, movies, songs, video games, and pieces of art disappear quickly after initial success? How can we create and market creative works that achieve longevity?

Holiday explores this mystery by drawing on his extensive experience working with businesses and creators such as Google, American Apparel, and the author John Grisham, as well as his interviews with the minds behind some of the greatest perennial sellers of our time. His fascinating examples include:

• Rick Rubin, producer for Adele, Jay-Z, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who teaches his artists to push past short-term thinking and root their work in long-term inspiration.
    • Tim Ferriss, whose books have sold millions of copies, in part because he rigorously tests every element of his work to see what generates the strongest response.
    Seinfeld, which managed to capture both the essence of the nineties and timeless themes to become a modern classic.
    • Harper Lee, who transformed a muddled manuscript into To Kill a Mockingbird with the help of the right editor and feedback.
    • Winston Churchill, Stefan Zweig, and Lady Gaga, who each learned the essential tenets of building a platform of loyal, dedicated supporters.

Holiday reveals that the key to success for many perennial sellers is that their creators don’t distinguish between the making and the marketing. The product’s purpose and audience are in the creator’s mind from day one. By thinking holistically about the relationship between their audience and their work, creators of all kinds improve the chances that their offerings will stand the test of time.

16. LuckyPup

Rep Bank:
    $2,591
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  17. André Casal

André Casal Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    The Beginning of Infinity by David Deutsch was the most profoundly practical firmware upgrade to the brain I've ever taken. It talks about the philosophy of knowledge and how to solve problems. It was the book that finally made me become a serious and effective entrepreneur.

This book will probably not get many likes, because it's not a self-help or business book per se, but it's discussions have a profound and direct impact on business, relationships, society and life in general. I'd recommend this book over any self-help book - and I've read many.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Jello and MJ DeMarco like this.
  18. SK1

SK1 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $332
    Jello and ZF Lee like this.
  19. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,662
    This was just released:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0525536515

Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport

...which I'll be reading regardless, but it's worth a nomination, too.

20. Olimac21

Olimac21 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,748
    Cal Newport is such a good author, he literally changed my life with his productivity tips. His blog Studyhacks is also very good.

21. NMdad

NMdad Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,639
    Agreed--one of my all-time favorites too.

I feel like this book is a bit under-the-radar for entrepreneurs, but contains mindset & strategic opportunities that are fundamentally different & way beyond what the herd is even aware of. Like first principles opportunities.

It'd be super interesting to hear what fastlaners think of it.

22. JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ When you see this, say something clever. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $1,167
    If you go to the link and click "LISTEN" it gives you a nice brief insight. Very interesting, maybe this nomination can rise to the top of the next vote.

The thought of going back to the time of pre-devices vs. how they have benefitted us vs. the bad things it is creating and causing was mentioned.

Also, the fact a lot of all this is still misunderstood makes me think how that conversation is probably in it's infancy.

23. lejus

lejus Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $388
    I think this guy is a spam ban candidate or a troll, I am unsure.

24. LuckyPup

Rep Bank:
    $2,591
    Love Cal Newport's work. Is it wrong that I just downloaded a sample onto my Kindle?

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ likes this.
  25. LuckyPup

Rep Bank:
    $2,591
    I read it a few years back and was left with the feeling that there was much more to licensing than the author wrote; that it wasn't quite so simple. Also, I had zero ideas, so that didn't help my opinion.

B. Cole likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.