The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Black Friday 2019 - What Did You Buy Today That Will Pay You Back Tomorrow?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've been buying a shit-ton of wood-working tools. Hoping to add another creative passion to my life other than writing. Don't think it will help me make more money, but as @Vigilante says, because I can.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
wood-working tools... creative passion...
Hey there!

You seem like a smart and sophisticated and handsome young man! How'd you like to turn your passion for wood-working into $10,000 (YOU READ THAT RIGHT TEN- THOUSAND SMACKAROOS!!!)?
SnakeOil.jpg
$10000 per year before expenses your results may vary buyer assumes all responsibility no refunds reading this ad obligates you to purchase no refunds internet connection required a Cayman Islands LLC hotel airfare and accommodations additional no refunds

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Curious to see what deals ya'll got. Don't think I grabbed any Black Friday deals. But I got an education copy of iZotope RX7 Standard for $199 (50% off for being a college student) and a copy of Reaper DAW at full price for audiobook editing and production. That's something I plan to put more focus on in 2020 so I needed to upgrade my systems.

So what business stuff did you invest in this year? Equipment? Software? Courses? Something else?

I might go get a new suit... :)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I forgot about Black Friday and got a yearly masterclass membership on Thursday. Loving it so far!

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for pushing this and making me take action on it.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I'm starting to move beyond sourcing materials to build with on demand. Up till recently I usually bought stock as individual orders, or very small batches, came in.

Presently sitting on $23,000 worth of cut parts (retail value), and I should be up to about $50,000 by end of year. Hopefully having it on hand will reduce my buyer's wait times so I can turn the whole thing over 2 or 3 times faster.

I'll probably buy a few gadgets for building too. My gear is trash held together by duct tape.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I forgot about Black Friday and got a yearly masterclass membership on Thursday. Loving it so far!

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for pushing this and making me take action on it.

I guess I didn't answer the second part of this.

I have been finding more and more that to get to a higher level of selling I need extra skills that complement the main classic skills. With masterclass, I am hoping to learn/improve things like storytelling, acting, character building, writing skills and devices, and visual arts like camera work, sound, lighting etc.

I love that stuff and would study it all day long for no other reason than it is fascinating ha! But it has a ton of business usage as well. I'm excited!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
I finally bought Airpods (not because of black friday though - the price was the same but my boss wanted to go to that particular store and we went together, and I was thinking about buying them anyway). They're excellent for me to listen podcasts and audiobooks at work. I love them so far. Working tomorrow and listening "The Obstacle Is The Way" while working! :thumbsup:

palneoon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
883%
Sep 24, 2019
I bought some agency-level software licenses that will make me an ROI of x50 in the next year, as a conservative estimate. I'm already in the black, actually, because I financed it with a deal before buying them. Not really about BF, but whatever, still counts.

Excited to start with that.

And I also bought a TV for my parents since theirs died yesterday.
Must have been the spirit of Capitalism Future. It will pay me back in not having to figure out Christmas presents.

Oh, and I grabbed the Steam Controller for $5.
I will never use it, but at that price? I just wanted to own it.
It will pay me back tomorrow by cluttering my house even more.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I bought a video editing PC. An investment of $4k. I will be producing videos and audio. I bought in March and I still haven't uploaded a video just practicing editing. My goal for 2020 is to use it as much as I can to grow my blog. I'll be editing Video, Audio, and Photos.

What's your Computer Set Up Like?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Curious to see what deals ya'll got. Don't think I grabbed any Black Friday deals. But I got an education copy of iZotope RX7 Standard for $199 (50% off for being a college student) and a copy of Reaper DAW at full price for audiobook editing and production. That's something I plan to put more focus on in 2020 so I needed to upgrade my systems.

So what business stuff did you invest in this year? Equipment? Software? Courses? Something else?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I bought a new computer with all the bells and whistles when it went on sale. It will be dropped shipped next week. The best part is that the battery in it should last all day. I've been watching it all week to see if it would included in the sale.

I bought some audible books that were on sale.

I was given another mobile home today for my mobile home park. Yes, we must set it and rehab it. But, it will be another good rental when we get it finished. Does a free residential rental unit count for a Black Friday event?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I finally was brave enough (the discount helped) to buy an Instant Pot 7 in 1 to try to slow cook stuff, to try to make it even more difficult to feel too lazy to cook and meal prep my lunches so I don't spend on eating out.

Also bought a little, cheap (but with great reviews) lapel microphone because I would like to give a try to record a short course while I paint to upload to Udemy @Lex DeVille

Finally I combined the Black Friday discount with my Student discount and got a year of Adobe apps at $17/mo instead of $60/mo so I finally have the last Photoshop and Illustrator available AND now I can learn how to use Premiere Pro to edit my YouTube videos instead of iMovie, which does the job but doesn't let you play with text/images much like other paid software does.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Fluenz Spanish download.

I thought my Spanish was good until I had to let go the last good English speaker.

My Spanish is not good.

I live in Texas so I have to find a way my children have top notch Spanish too. Would be a waste to raise them here and not be fluent.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I bought a laptop because as of now I only have my desktop pc and it's hard to not get distracted while working when you have such a powerful gaming rig on your hands and love videogames.

I also bought a phone for my mom. :smile2:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
(Not related to Black Friday.)

1) Signed up for the 28 day free trial of Kajabi this evening.

2) Bought an LED Video light on someone's recommendation (plus it's power pack). I want to see what it's like before I buy a second set.

3) I also bought a couple of laptop risers. They're good for the kids, but not high enough for me so I bought another couple to see what they're like.

4) I bought a YouTube for Dummies (Junior Edition) for our 11 year old, but it arrived at my mum's in the UK an hour after I left for the airport. So I bought a different one for him to be delivered here in Ireland.

Good call about the masterclass @Fox. I'll go check it out.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
I bought a silver bullion of 5 grams. Small investment

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I bought a computer monitor and mouse and keyboard for my laptop so I can sit at my desk and use it without hurting my neck

Hmm, this makes me want to look into standing desks this weekend. Sitting at a computer has triggered some weird muscle spasms for me in the past. Had to shift my whole setup to get rid of the pain.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I bought a $5 logo from fiverr, I will be laughing at the result until the day I die. Definitely worth the money
I bought a landing page for a plumber on Fiverr once. Why it had Christmas decorations on it in the middle of summer I’ll never know...

Fresho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 15, 2019
I've been buying a shit-ton of wood-working tools. Hoping to add another creative passion to my life other than writing. Don't think it will help me make more money, but as @Vigilante says, because I can.
Good choice. Wood working can enriche your home and I find it very creative.

I bought ten silver rings for a few euro per ring.

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
I guess I didn't answer the second part of this.

I have been finding more and more that to get to a higher level of selling I need extra skills that complement the main classic skills. With masterclass, I am hoping to learn/improve things like storytelling, acting, character building, writing skills and devices, and visual arts like camera work, sound, lighting etc.

I love that stuff and would study it all day long for no other reason than it is fascinating ha! But it has a ton of business usage as well. I'm excited!

I did it too! :)

I shared the price with another member here. Thanks to this post: NOTABLE! - No one will mentor me! Wait, no, that's too hard!
Thanks @msufan !!

Note: In Belgium I would have paid 200 EUR (100 EUR if I would share). With this deal, I only paid 90 USD (= half of the US price: 180 USD; paid it to @msufan), which is 81,68 EUR. Apparently, the price is set higher in Europe.

So, we did this deal yesterday. Now I've almost finished the masterclass with Margaret Atwood. https://www.masterclass.com/classes/margaret-atwood-teaches-creative-writing/enrolled. It's been truly amazing. She has such poise and charisma. Really useful and inspiring stuff. There are also PDF's with each lesson, where you can find more detailed info.

Today I also suscribed to @JScott 's "BiggerPockets Business Podcast" which is FREE. Talking about good deals.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
not this weekend, but last weekend, I also bought this:
Online Courses - Anytime, Anywhere | Udemy from a certain teacher called Lex DeVille

Last edited:

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 phone just because my iphone 5s is kind of dead since August ( 25 minutes battery).

Paid around 150 pounds for 128 gb and 4 gb ram so I think I got a good deal. Now I am thinking about getting a masterclass subscription.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I'd love to get Cubase to make music, but it's not in sale and it would distract me from doing work anyway. I'll get it when I get my first couple of sales :)

I was thinking about getting some Udemy course on sales, digital marketing, or something similar. But that'll lead to lots of action faking.

Maybe I'll get a cheap phone, mine is 4 years old and battery runs out quickly. That'll pay back, for sure.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Not because of Black Friday, but I bought a security system and a new thermostat for the house. I could have hired someone to do it all for probably less than $400 or $500 but noooooo I had to get my 2 buddies aka dumb & dumber to help me put it in. After the mechanical engineer not taking my advice about drilling the hole bigger....... 22 minutes later he comes up with a brain storm..... lets make the hole bigger. :clench: Anyway, got it all installed before we leave on our trip because now the mother in law has decided to stay home instead of going with us. I think I worry about her more than her kids do :innocent: :halo: Another thing I bought but not because of Black Friday was these things that keep your shoe laces from coming untied; actually it is a whole shoe string with a screw end. If they work well, I'm buying a case!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Update: That Instant Pot is ammmaamazing! I made chicken with corn on the cob it just took like 7-10 min after searing it a little bit and it came out soooo soffft and juicy and delicious, makes it look like I'm good at cooking, and I got enough portions for all my lunches this week so no spending!

If you need help with the meal prep this is the thing, it's full of simple AF recipes all over the www!

This is what I made (I threw the corn on the cob on top):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ixGr0C1myg

PS and all you have to wash is the inner pot

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads