The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
Right now what I see is a big giant Bitcoin bubble BUT the tech behind it is the future, in this I agree.

So my strategy is to wait until it explodes and profit from the downrise this would cause in the cryptocurrency world.

ETH seems to be the go to coin in this case.

What do you guys think?

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like BTC @ $10,000 might just be a few days away.

Bitcoin is a bubble. Wait when it will blow up.

Good logic

And yet you've provided a ZERO evidence to support your conclusion. Is that logic as well?

Bitcoin is a bubble.

Perhaps. And possible.

Yet, if I buy a new Lexus with bitcoin and the it's sitting in my garage without a lien, does a BITCOIN bubble bursting make my Lexus invisible?

Or does someone come by and say "Excuse me sir, we have to confiscate your Lexus because you used BTC to buy it." ?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Yet, if I buy a new Lexus with bitcoin and the it's sitting in my garage without a lien, does a BITCOIN bubble bursting make my Lexus invisible?

Or does someone come by and say "Excuse me sir, we have to confiscate your Lexus because you used BTC to buy it." ?
Nobody has confiscated my Toyota Yaris yet!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I was 100% wrong about Bitcoin in its early days. The early adopters made a fortune. I'm an old dog so I'm slow to come around to new concepts but I am happily long in ETH right now and probably will buy back into LTC on the next dip.

sam502w

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 2, 2017
Iowa
Hey Fastlaners,
As Bitcoin is slowly becoming the real deal. I wanted to give Bitcoin it's own thread containing just long-term & short-term predictions & any big crypto news to help any others who's trading, hodling, etc. a place to throw in your predictions & any actions you plan on taking.

I see the current stage of Bitcoin & crypto as the new Napster & Limewire. Industry bigs (middle-men) will do all they can to fight it & shut it down, but they will soon find out - You can't beat the under-lying ideals & world-changing tech. It will carry on & win out in other forms because the market has experienced the benefits and the market always wins (it will even beat out government regulations).

Bitcoin is in the experienced the benefits stage. As more and more adopt to use Bitcoin as a form of payment (even if the sellers offering to take Btc as payment are valuing on speculative price/trading); the fact remains: They are still using Bitcoin as currency. It is being used as the real deal of exchange between goods & money.

Predictions Nov 8, 2017:
A fork titled B2X was recently cancelled (or "suspended") by their own backers & creators. This is going to give Btc a big bull-run for the next week or so to ~$9,000.

Once it hits this; if the bull-run slows down; a market correction drop of ~20-30% will hit around early or mid December. This will be a short-lived correction though as many are waiting on the sideline (who haven't jumped in the game) for this drop to happen and ready to buy into Bitcoin.

With or without this market correction happening; I strongly believe Btc will at least flirt with $10k before the year is over with.

My actions: I am going to Hodl until I see about a ~15% drop then going to sell half of my coins to later re-buy in once it begins climbing back from the drop. Then Hodl, Hodl, Hodl.

Just for fun, a month ago I bought $600 worth of Litecoin and $650 of Ethereum. In a month, you can see I have made 50% gain.....Not bad for just a trial run.....I remember having the opinion the CD was going to be a "fad" in my younger years. (showing my age).....Hindsight will be better than foresight.....

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Anyone planning to hold Bitcoin past $10k?

I bought in at $8200 5 days ago with plans to hold for a few months until it hits $10k... Well, it's already at $9600 since then :). I don't know whether to take the small profit in a few days or hold more.

Also, anyone in Bitcoin Cash? Seems like they stand on more original principles (instant transactions, low fees) while this is one of bitcoin Core devs:

26jz09tfc0001.png

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
Anyone planning to hold Bitcoin past $10k?

I bought in at $8200 5 days ago with plans to hold for a few months until it hits $10k... Well, it's already at $9600 since then :). I don't know whether to take the small profit in a few days or hold more.

Also, anyone in Bitcoin Cash? Seems like they stand on more original principles (instant transactions, low fees) while this is one of bitcoin Core devs:

26jz09tfc0001.png
Bought in at ~6600, plan to hodl for at least a year and buy more during any 15%+ dips.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to buy ethereum and ltc on a monthly basis (looking into miota and zcash as well).

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
November 27, 2017 Update:
I have had a lot going within the crypto space & other businesses as usual, so haven't posted my predictions in awhile..

Today; there is a very likely chance we will witness a historical milestone for crypto. You can tell your grand children; I remember the day Bitcoin (or just crypto in general) hit $10,000 and they will chuckle at you.

Anyways; all Bulls & plenty left for Bitcoin, Eth, Ltc today. So if you're playing around in other alt coins; get your butt back into the big 3.

The big question is: What will Bitcoin do once it hits $10,000?

Me, I am a bit on the fence. Although most would say it will take a big dip back; I am not so sure.

With the massive amount of media attention everywhere that will be sure to follow once $10,000 is broken; it will certainly draw more money. I think it will hit a sell wall and flirt with the $10k line a few times before breaking through; but once through, it will go to $10.3k - $10.7k easy.

I'm all in BTC at the moment. It's 12am Pacific and @$9737 at the moment with a very sick looking upward triangle consolidation forming with low volume. I predict around 9am-10am; the huge runs will have begun.

Do we call today Cyber Monday? or Cyber Money?

Ivan sntr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Nov 27, 2017
Sydney
While bitcoin is the best performing investment the last 5-6 years in a row excluding 2014 im not a big fan of all in decisions... but if i had to i would go all in on bitcoin and ethereum

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
While bitcoin is the best performing investment

I wouldn't call it an investment, unless you're buying ICO's backed by some technology or business model.

I look at this as no different than selling the USD for the Swiss Franc.

Zimbizee

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 11, 2017
uk
Is the surge in price also due to FOMO (Fear of missing out)???, apparently coinbase have added over 100,000 accounts to their books in the last week. Panic buying maybe?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Is the surge in price also due to FOMO (Fear of missing out)???, apparently coinbase have added over 100,000 accounts to their books in the last week. Panic buying maybe?
Yes, of course. It's like gold being thrust upon the world before it ever existed. It takes a while for people to understand what it is. It's just kind of there..then they realize it's an escape hatch..but more.

It's an escape from credit. If you control it nobody else does. It's not a corporate owned, privately issued "currency" that is debited and credited to corporate servers around the world - being created, moved around, and deleted as they see fit. You don't need to ask permission to send it..it's only controled by the bearer of the private key.

It's gold without the weight and the ability to take flight. It's a distributed ledger which no one entity controls, but is visible and verifible by all. So FOMO is in effect because the space on this ledger is limited...so people need to fight for their spot.

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Anyone know about crypto20.com? It's an index fund for cryptocurrencies. I'm going to research this a bit and try to get a few tokens. The ICO open deadline is in 3 days.

I would rather get into an index fund now and put more of my time towards my other business. Then again, I feel like a ton can be made in the short term with these coins.

Edit: Apparently US citizens cannot contribute unless they will contribute $1 million dollars worth of crypto tokens.

Last edited:

Ivan sntr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Nov 27, 2017
Sydney
I wouldn't call it an investment, unless you're buying ICO's backed by some technology or business model.

I look at this as no different than selling the USD for the Swiss Franc.

Wrote it, because of lack of finding a better word for it, loved your book, eye opening,

One question i ask myself if it Is a bubble

The fast increase in price may appear too high...

for me ADOPTION is the key for bitcoin! And acceptance is growing fast now and so jumps the price..

The mainstream are probably not gonna start trading with btc,they gonna HODL and potentially rebuy and tell friends...

Slowly it just starts picking up, as MJ writes in his first book, you want something for your business with entry barriers

No business here, but still i see correlations:

If entry barriers for bitcoin and blockchain would be as low as opening a bank account, the banks would be start closing down within 1year

last week alone i got asked 3times if i can help people to set things up...

My estimation: I could see btc at 13-15k before there is a bigger pullback

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
$10,000 will be a big psychological hurdle for BTC investors. After that, there's no telling where it'll go.

AG356

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
599%
Apr 19, 2015
//Nonrelated
Also, thank you, everyone, for contributing to this thread.

View attachment 16974

@ksc23 Can you explain?

He's using your CPU to mine Monero. Not really nice to be honest, especially linking people through this thread to do so.

1111.PNG

I'm not even sure if it's legal at all, but you can research it yourself. PirateBay and other "mainstream" websites used it as well and there was a big uproar once it became public.

This post probably shouldn't be on here. @MJ DeMarco

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
He's using your CPU to mine Monero. Not really nice to be honest, especially linking people through this thread to do so.

View attachment 16975

I'm not even sure if it's legal at all, but you can research it yourself. PirateBay and other "mainstream" websites used it as well and there was a big uproar once it became public.

This post probably shouldn't be on here. @MJ DeMarco

I'm curious if it's his personal website or did he just link to it. That's why I posted.

Those links should be removed. @MJ DeMarco

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Anyone know about crypto20.com? It's an index fund for cryptocurrencies. I'm going to research this a bit and try to get a few tokens. The ICO open deadline is in 3 days.

I would rather get into an index fund now and put more of my time towards my other business. Then again, I feel like a ton can be made in the short term with these coins.

Edit: Apparently US citizens cannot contribute unless they will contribute $1 million dollars worth of crypto tokens.
$26 million in funding already they can potentially just swipe and disappear and 2/3 of their legal team having Russian names... I wouldn't hold my breath :clench:.

On a serious note though, I was watching Tim Draper's interview and he said that depending on the ICO terms people might think they are investing into a "token" but really it's more like a GoFundMe, where people are unknowingly "donating" coins to a project and get nothing back. Can anyone confirm if this is true? @James Fend ?

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Untitled.png

Here is daily RSI(Indicator) for BTC. I think once it hits 10k there is going to be a correction. Reason being the obvious trend here.

Maybe not a big correction but I would say floor should be 8.5k.

I would short this thing If I had any money right now.

What do you guys think?

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Here is daily RSI(Indicator) for BTC. I think once it hits 10k there is going to be a correction. Reason being the obvious trend here.

What do you guys think?

I think it's a great call!... other indicators like sell limit orders already built up, general consensus amongst other investors, etc. etc.. all point to what you are saying.

Normally; you'd imagine it hit the $10k and naturally bounce off and then rally up again to try to break through. But in this case; too many people are scared of this particular dip & are going to cause the dip to be even bigger than what it would normally be (outside this big psychological price) so I think your ~$8500 range is good. My only edit would be that there may be a good chance it may not reach sub $9000.. "corrections" have been getting smaller and smaller the deeper we get in the steep side of the exponential curve.

Looking at the big 3 across the board; all 3 are at a big psychological price point: BTC $10,000 - ETH $500 - LTC $100...

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Would you advice me to Invest in Bitcoins now?

No.

Disclaimer: I own zero BTC and zero ETH right now and haven’t for a while (sadly have been busy with my business so I’ve missed out on this recent breakout), despite being very enthusiastic about the ecosystem as a whole.

Also, whenever someone randomly asks strangers if they should buy into something hot, it usually means a cooldown is coming. Just sit back, even if you miss a couple thousand of upside, and learn the ropes for a bit until you feel confident in making that call on your own.

Daniel...D

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jul 27, 2017
US
Perhaps. And possible.

Of course nobody can confiscate your Lexus

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
View attachment 16977

What do you guys think?
Does not apply - order boks are slim to non-existant. There are not large institutional traders playing both sides of the book. If one fund that hasn't bought desides to buy it goes up, a lot. If James Draper, Roger Ver, Winklvoss(sp) twins, etc decides to sell it crashes, alot. Will institutions get in? Buy, Will big holders sell..sell. Traditional TA is a waste of time

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.