The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin - litecoin

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Don't put anything in you cant afford to lose. I don't see it as a replacement (yet) and don't for a LONG time. It will get adopted in smaller countries and then spread. Anyways I have about $12k worth right now that I rode from $15k up to $65k and then all the way down to $5k... Since then it has been ranging between $10-19k the past few months. I'm just holding for the time being unless I find a better speculative play.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Nope,doubt either of them will make it.

Even if you solved the volatility issue (I like the stable eth approach and placed that on top of one of those and the transaction time (a result of scaling to larger users), you have to deal with a larger block size . Lite coin has a nice healthy block with little gain, however we are talking a petabyte per node for full scale.

That's simply beyond the limits of modern storage technology.

Even if crypto does become mainstream, I suspect it will be 6-8 years before the one that does is developed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

brief

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Sep 19, 2018
Do you see bitcoin and litecoin as a real alternative to paper money?

I'm having some doubts about the volatility. Even if mass adoption happens it will still be volatile as speculation will always be the case?

Last edited:

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I think it will take time due crypto basically being financial networks or internets of value/money, highly-technical, bad UX etc.

It's still early days and I don't think Cryptocurrencies have "Crossed the Chasm" into the mainstream market yet.

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK
I used to gamble with my money. From experience, I can tell you that: Don't play with your hard earned money. Invest wisely. Cryptocurrencies investing is gambling

YoungnBroke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 21, 2018
I think right now Bitcoin and any other currency expect Pax is way to unstable, the only real stable cryptocurrency is Pax.

QFP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Apr 26, 2017
UK
I think right now Bitcoin and any other currency expect Pax is way to unstable, the only real stable cryptocurrency is Pax.
There are quite a few stable coins about these days , not something fun to gamble with though. :zzz:
But i get your point.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.