The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Big Idea

Idea threads

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I remember reading in Alex Becker's 10 Pillars of Weatlh he tells a story of Ben and Roy.

Ben and Roy are both car salesman. Ben read books on selling fearing he might mess up. So he studied how he could prevent that from happening. Roy on the other hand realized that he hadn't sold a car that day. So he googled how to sell. The next day he sold a car.

Ben again saw on the news that a salesman from another town got sued for selling a defective car. So he learned about defective cars and how to prevent them.

Roy found he had a problem with negotiating. So he googled how to negotiate.

Ben still hadn't sold a car. Roy already sold four cars.

An angry customer yelled at Roy the next day for getting car details wrong. Roy apologized and refunded the customer. Ben got scared of this and studied all the details of every car.

Roy fixed the issue and sold 6 cars. Ben still hadn't sold anything. His boss called him in and fired him for not selling anything.

metrx1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 5, 2018
Hello my fellow fastlaners, I apologize if this is in the wrong thread but I have a question and figured I would throw it out there for everyone. If you had a great idea which could potentially lead to great wealth but its potential relies on the cooperation of a much bigger business do you think relying on this other company to come through is a bad idea. My thoughts are I can probably get this idea to work without the cooperation of this big business, hell I don't even know if this company would want to work with my company but my idea has unlimited growth potential and also brings this other company some value, but it would be so much easier with there help. Do you think I need to convince them about my idea or just figure out a way to get this idea work without them and then convince them down the road about it. Not exactly sure which way to go on this. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DougeFreshAK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Apr 15, 2016
Anchorage, AK
A good way to pitch to a large cooperation would to be able to show them proof of concept. Be able to show them it’s working so it limits there concerns and risk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.