The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BIG a$$ ROCK

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
From the title, I was scared to read this post.
Would it be full of snarky comments about the Sidewalker's foolish waste of money on an impressive engagement ring?
Would it be full of snarky comments about weight training gone wrong, when the steroids get injected the wrong place?
Would it be full of snarky comments about constipation?

What a relief to discover it's none of these, it's actually full of snarky comments about being the Indiana Jones of your own life.

With no guidance at all about how to keep Belloq from stealing the treasure right out of your own hands. But maybe that's later, I haven't read all the comments yet. Maybe I shouldn't go push the rock, until I know how to make sure my rival can't wipe me out?

Cool metaphor, and some fun silliness and inspiration in this thread. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
This whole concept of pushing a rock came from The Myth of Sisyphus. That Greek myth is the story of a king who misbehaved in his dealings with the Gods. Upon his death, Sisyphus was sentenced to hard work for eternity. It’s a working man’s version of hell. He had to struggle to roll a huge boulder up a mountain. When he finally got that boulder up to the top, it would roll back down. Sisyphus then had to roll the same boulder back up the same mountain, with the same results, in perpetuity.
I used that myth in my recent blog about my "To Do" list. Funny that you guys would bring it up! READ THAT BLOG
And it has a really cool video of my husband turning cookies in his Trackster this winter in our driveway. What's a Trackster? It was the forerunner to the Argo.
www.wjkbusinessbuzz.com

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011

First, last, the rocks still there.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
First, last, the rocks still there.
You're right. Everyone has a rock in their lives. Some have a whole collection. Our personal rock collection keeps us humble and grateful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.