The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BIG a$$ ROCK

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I disagree.

People respond to different types of, well, encouragement.

Some respond to "You got this buddy. Just keep going and you'll get there" style of encouragement.

Some respond better to the locker room style of encouragement... like this thread.

That's fine but this isn't that. There's zero encouragement here - just childish ridicule and low blows from people who ought to know much better.

This (and what I witness too often in too many threads) is wanton and purposeful bastardry seemingly for the replier's sole and self gratifying pleasure. Pushing down on people with ideas that they may not know are (according to the self appointed "judges") "stupid" and "worthy" of intense ridicule isn't clever or smart or helpful and far from intelligent. A member comes in here (the MINDSET section!), posts a comment about improving their mindset in the obvious and clear hope it might help someone and all the usual moronic replies pop up like they've just been waiting for someone to type something that they can attack and make fun of all day. Then of course all the rest of the "gang" has to arrive with their boot spikes just to make sure that the OP knows without any ambiguity he's instantly considered a dickhead by many of the best members for posting something they thought would have some value.

Unacceptable and real indictment on the posters who think it's ok to do that. I've spoken glowingly about this forum to others to encourage them to join and post here and more than one has told me they'd never post here because they'd just get brutally attacked and shot down for doing so. Is that what we want? Is that the reputation you think this forum deserves? Some might not care about that but I can tell you that the person who's just been put down thinks it matters. That's not helping someone. Never was, never will be. Do we want people to be discouraged from joining what is (most often) a really helpful place or do we want to degenerate this place into a place were people come to be scorned, ridiculed and made fun of. Sure some deserve it but they are very rare from what I read. I'm often really surprised and shocked when a big time member shoots down a newbie - often without justification and seemingly just for self satisfaction. It's just dumb.

Maybe member who RUSH like giddy little children to denigrate, put down and belittle posters could look at which forum it's posted in first before succumbing to their blood lust. If it's posted in TFF then it's more than likely coming from someone who's struggling with freedom, wants a better life and needs a place to express ideas or thoughts. If not here then where?

This is the mindset forum and people with poor mindsets should do more reading in here and less smart alec posting because if they think it's good natured ribbing they're wrong. It's very often just destructive, rarely constructive and just mean spirited. Bullies act like that and yes there are real bullies in real life but we don't come here to have society's bullshit and idiotic behaviour thrown in our faces every time we want to be a little positive or put forth an idea or ask a basic question. This is a strong minded place - I think we all get that but there's no need or reason to be brutal and attacking just for sport.

These are people who admire success and want it that are being attacked. Just because they're not as sophisticated as some members think they are does not give them the right (and often what looks like an obligation) to put them down. Just because it may have been a question or comment that's been asked before maybe (just maybe) they're not aware of that. It might be valid that it's been mentioned before but to expect a new member to read every single thread before positing (sensible searches aside of course) then someone's living in a fantasy land and it aint the new guy. Maybe they're new to the idea that freedom is indeed possible and they come here to find refuge from all the discouragement we all get in "real life" for wanting to become entrepreneurs. Regardless of how watered down that term has become, in it's essence it means pushing out of our comfort zone, finding a need, building it into a business in the smart way and hanging out with the right kind of people (that's us!) and taking action. If the only thing they can think of to do right now is to post a question or try to motivate then they really shouldn't be immediately gang bashed for doing so.

Especially
not in here.

I just wish some older and more experienced members here got a new hobby that didn't involve bashing newbies for fun. They don't realise the effect a few choice words ridiculing you in public can have and they really should. I don't believe they don't. I see way too much of it. I myself think many (many) times before positing anything that might attract the buzzards. Often I just don't because I just know someone's going to try and be smart and sophisticated by putting down my thought or idea or question. That might be good or that might be bad, I guess in too many cases we'll just never know.

We can do better. Let's think about what we're doing to someone before we attack them in here. They get plenty of attacks out there, they don't need it in here unless they're being exceptionally stupid.

Absolutely.

But we also push for reality, truth, and no-sugarcoating.

And that is needed when for the Xth time, someone thinks taking 3 hours to write a 22 page fitness eBook is the holy grail to passive income.

Truth and reality are one thing but they way it's sometimes said in here it's plain to see that some members take great pleasure in pointing it out in as brutal and damaging manner possible. It's just childish and damaging and why? Sure the fitness book might have been done before but it's a start. I understand these people could be helped but there's a right way and a damaging way to do it and it seems like the only way people seem to want to do it is the damaging way because (I've got to assume) it's just more fun for them that way. It's possible to help people without doing it in a damaging "I'm better than you - you're just an idiot" way.

In the very first few moments of your book MJ you describe the effect seeing that guy drive up in his lambo had on you and look how we're all benefiting from it now. Had that guy been a total dick and discouraged you by laughing at your desires, dreams or even basic questions you may not have had the intestinal fortitude at that age to push on regardless. He was a cool guy, gave you his time in a non patronising manner and you (and now we all) have benefited quite a bit from it. All I'm saying is we need to focus on being that guy and post less of the what we see above.

What we say makes a difference. The way we say it makes a difference too. It may be super fun to put down other people but it's not smart or edifying and we can do better as a community to not be so mean to people who have the same dreams as we all do. Especially here in the mindset section. If we can't post thoughts and ideas for improving ones mindset in this Mindset, Motivation, Choices section of the forum where can we post them?

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
So, am I the only one here who has rarely seen anyone bashing anyone else? I'm always seeing encouraging and helpful comments - sure some smartassery in the name of banter but F*ck, if you can't joke around then what's the point? I think being disrespectful and distasteful is completely different from making a joke.

Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
...being clearly disrespectful and distasteful is completely different from making a joke.

I agree and that was my point. I see a little too much of it (or I wouldn't have mentioned it - believe me) and it's unnecessary or maybe they're unaware. Regardless, the effect is the same. It discourages engagement with peers and endangers the drive for endeavour and I know that's not what we're about here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Because when shit gets real, people flip; it couldn't be that simple they say, there has to be something else to it. Guess what? There isn't. It's just a rock and you're just a little bitch for avoiding it.

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
I agree and that was my point. I see a little too much of it (or I wouldn't have mentioned it - believe me) and it's unnecessary or maybe they're unaware. Regardless, the effect is the same. It discourages engagement with peers and endangers the drive for endeavour and I know that's not what we're about here.

If someone's drive for endeavor is endangered by a reading an analogy about a "BIG a$$ ROCK" + some playful comments adding to it, I doubt they have what it takes to succeed in the first place.

I personally would've saved a lot of money, time, and energy if I'd gotten some harsh feedback from the guys on here, rather than falling for kindly, supportive "experts" who promise diamonds but deliver horsesh*t.

62ZmnSo.jpg

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
That's fine but this isn't that. There's zero encouragement here - just childish ridicule and low blows from people who ought to know much better.

This (and what I witness too often in too many threads) is wanton and purposeful bastardry seemingly for the replier's sole and self gratifying pleasure. Pushing down on people with ideas that they may not know are (according to the self appointed "judges") "stupid" and "worthy" of intense ridicule isn't clever or smart or helpful and far from intelligent. A member comes in here (the MINDSET section!), posts a comment about improving their mindset in the obvious and clear hope it might help someone and all the usual moronic replies pop up like they've just been waiting for someone to type something that they can attack and make fun of all day. Then of course all the rest of the "gang" has to arrive with their boot spikes just to make sure that the OP knows without any ambiguity he's instantly considered a dickhead by many of the best members for posting something they thought would have some value.

Unacceptable and real indictment on the posters who think it's ok to do that. I've spoken glowingly about this forum to others to encourage them to join and post here and more than one has told me they'd never post here because they'd just get brutally attacked and shot down for doing so. Is that what we want? Is that the reputation you think this forum deserves? Some might not care about that but I can tell you that the person who's just been put down thinks it matters. That's not helping someone. Never was, never will be. Do we want people to be discouraged from joining what is (most often) a really helpful place or do we want to degenerate this place into a place were people come to be scorned, ridiculed and made fun of. Sure some deserve it but they are very rare from what I read. I'm often really surprised and shocked when a big time member shoots down a newbie - often without justification and seemingly just for self satisfaction. It's just dumb.

Maybe member who RUSH like giddy little children to denigrate, put down and belittle posters could look at which forum it's posted in first before succumbing to their blood lust. If it's posted in TFF then it's more than likely coming from someone who's struggling with freedom, wants a better life and needs a place to express ideas or thoughts. If not here then where?

This is the mindset forum and people with poor mindsets should do more reading in here and less smart alec posting because if they think it's good natured ribbing they're wrong. It's very often just destructive, rarely constructive and just mean spirited. Bullies act like that and yes there are real bullies in real life but we don't come here to have society's bullshit and idiotic behaviour thrown in our faces every time we want to be a little positive or put forth an idea or ask a basic question. This is a strong minded place - I think we all get that but there's no need or reason to be brutal and attacking just for sport.

These are people who admire success and want it that are being attacked. Just because they're not as sophisticated as some members think they are does not give them the right (and often what looks like an obligation) to put them down. Just because it may have been a question or comment that's been asked before maybe (just maybe) they're not aware of that. It might be valid that it's been mentioned before but to expect a new member to read every single thread before positing (sensible searches aside of course) then someone's living in a fantasy land and it aint the new guy. Maybe they're new to the idea that freedom is indeed possible and they come here to find refuge from all the discouragement we all get in "real life" for wanting to become entrepreneurs. Regardless of how watered down that term has become, in it's essence it means pushing out of our comfort zone, finding a need, building it into a business in the smart way and hanging out with the right kind of people (that's us!) and taking action. If the only thing they can think of to do right now is to post a question or try to motivate then they really shouldn't be immediately gang bashed for doing so.

Especially
not in here.

I just wish some older and more experienced members here got a new hobby that didn't involve bashing newbies for fun. They don't realise the effect a few choice words ridiculing you in public can have and they really should. I don't believe they don't. I see way too much of it. I myself think many (many) times before positing anything that might attract the buzzards. Often I just don't because I just know someone's going to try and be smart and sophisticated by putting down my thought or idea or question. That might be good or that might be bad, I guess in too many cases we'll just never know.

We can do better. Let's think about what we're doing to someone before we attack them in here. They get plenty of attacks out there, they don't need it in here unless they're being exceptionally stupid.

Truth and reality are one thing but they way it's sometimes said in here it's plain to see that some members take great pleasure in pointing it out in as brutal and damaging manner possible. It's just childish and damaging and why? Sure the fitness book might have been done before but it's a start. I understand these people could be helped but there's a right way and a damaging way to do it and it seems like the only way people seem to want to do it is the damaging way because (I've got to assume) it's just more fun for them that way. It's possible to help people without doing it in a damaging "I'm better than you - you're just an idiot" way.

In the very first few moments of your book MJ you describe the effect seeing that guy drive up in his lambo had on you and look how we're all benefiting from it now. Had that guy been a total dick and discouraged you by laughing at your desires, dreams or even basic questions you may not have had the intestinal fortitude at that age to push on regardless. He was a cool guy, gave you his time in a non patronising manner and you (and now we all) have benefited quite a bit from it. All I'm saying is we need to focus on being that guy and post less of the what we see above.

What we say makes a difference. The way we say it makes a difference too. It may be super fun to put down other people but it's not smart or edifying and we can do better as a community to not be so mean to people who have the same dreams as we all do. Especially here in the mindset section. If we can't post thoughts and ideas for improving ones mindset in this Mindset, Motivation, Choices section of the forum where can we post them?

I agree with everything you said. Unfortunately, the anonymity of online forums brings out the worst in a lot of people. Maybe most people. I cancelled my INSIDERS subscription because of peoples' behavior here. I mostly stopped posting for the same reason. I left at one point, but have since posted when I thought it would be useful to other people.

If it's any consolation to the newbies, the people that the speak first, loudest, and most negatively, generally know the least of which they speak. Wiser people tend to respond to posts much later, and/or through private messages.

Yet this forum is still probably the best forum about accumulating wealth. MJ's first book was great, and I assume his second will be too. It's unfortunate there is not a "showcase" section of people that have been successful via the Fastlane approach. There probably cannot be, since it would invite an unwelcome amount of competition.

I am admittedly too thin-skinned for this forum in particular. It seems unnecessarily mean-spirited for people whom are trying to improve their lives, to get shit on by a bunch of strangers. I had a combative early life where the words that came out of your mouth had immediate and serious consequences. The way people treat each other online is foreign to me. It's like if you went to a karate school, and the rest of the students just beat the shit out of you everyday. You might eventually learn something, but it is more likely you would stop going to that school. Or any school.

The "old guard" here seems to take the position that newbies just have to deal with it, as they will have to deal with bigger problems in their efforts to be successful. I guess that is a pragmatic, if not defeatist, position. There are other forums that are more newbie-friendly than this one, because the people in charge make it so. That is not necessarily better, but it is different, and so there are options. This forum, with it's "fast car" shtick, seems to cater to a younger crowd. The geriatric newbies probably don't dream of "ballin in the fast lane".

One thing this forum suffers from, as do many forums, is the "kiss of death" post. And I actually have a suggestion to deal with it. A "kiss of death" is when a newbie makes a heartfelt and detailed post asking about something, and the first response is someone just taking an enormous shit on them, a "kiss of death". Then the rest of the forum members "thumbs up" and pile-on. The thread, regardless of how important it was or potentially useful to later readers, is then dead. This is especially true when a popular poster is the one who gives the "kiss of death". Admins also have this affect, because every prick wants to be best friends with an admin. I left this forum for a while when a thread I made was shitted on by someone, who is probably not even here anymore, and the first response to that was a "thumbs up" from the admin Vigilante. That thread was dead dead dead. About two months later another guy asked about exactly what I had suggested, and his thread died because no one responded.

Anyway, there are two ways to fix "kiss of death" posts. One is, let posters have the option of delaying responses to their post. So, if I post a question, and I expect some people will shit on me, I can at least have the option of delaying people's responses for say 1-24 hours. So I might choose to put a 6 hour delay to any responses that people make, so no one will see them immediately (not even me). Then after 6 hours, all the responses become public. So if the first guy shit on me, but the next 5 guys were positive, I will get all their responses. The way it works now is, the first guy takes a shit on you, and the next 5 guys keep their mouth shut. The other fix is to hide who "thumbs up" a post. So if MJ DeMarco "thumbs up" a critical response to your "puppy euthanization service" idea, every single person on the forum will not automatically attack you.

MJ's solution to avoiding the noise seems to be to join the INSIDERS's forum. That probably works for most people. When I paid for that access, the people seemed a lot better behaved there, and there was a lot of good content.

My advice for any newbies would be to understand that many people have a psychological need to attack you, and you have to decide if you are willing to deal with that, in order to interact with some of the people here who can really help you (and they are here).

Maybe there could be one area on this forum, the "pedal car" area, where new people could post and negative replies were prohibited, or at least, could be deleted by the thread starter. The thin-skinned people would have one area where they would be comfortable posting. I was on a technology board a long time ago, and they had such an area, but the "old guard" wanted to close it because all the new posts (about everything) were going there. That one section became the whole forum, lol.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@V8Bill ... I don't see any mockery? I see people who agree we should just push the damn rock, and laughing that everyone gets so distracted asking *how* to push the rock, which course is best to learn how to push the rock, and whether we can ask a mentor to push our rock for us?

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Yeah, I got all the jokes and humour. I just think that too often it comes across as mocking and unhelpful.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I have never once got that vibe from this forum. Maybe I'm too new here or whatever but seriously - this place seems so helpful to (and let me emphasise this) THOSE WHO AREN'T LAZY!

Let me elaborate on that for a second, my definition in this instance is referring to those who:
- Ask questions without trying to find the answer first
- Haven't even thought about reading the book, no excuses... it's cheap (if I can read it, anyone can - literally the first book I've read since Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
- Are sloppy and or don't explain their question
- Don't put any effort in but yet want others to put effort into their query
- Are simply here to GAIN, GAIN, GAIN - it's a two-way street! If you get, you should give back

I've been on plenty of forums and majority of the time I see encouraging and helpful posts, and even if there is one joke or stupid comment - there's 10 helpful or encouraging comments that outweigh it anyway.

Last edited:

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
@V8Bill @loop101

When I joined this forum, I was the exact person those posts talk about. Take a look at my older posts.

Sometimes it helps to look for the reason people react the way they do.

In the beginning, some posts and threads got ignored. I was bummed out - spending time writing stuff down, trying to track my progress. And noone cared.
The question is, why did noone care?
A) The forum members are assholes and only care about the top 10% of posters.
B) What I wrote did not offer any value to anyone, except to me. I did not post to help others, I posted to get reassured in my opinion.

In the beginning, some posts got harsh answers. Not the answers I was expecting to hear, and definetly not the answers I wanted to hear. Looking back, they were not really that hard. But it still got me.
The question is, why did they react the way they did?
A) They did not get my point. I couldn't explain it properly or they were to dumb to understand me!
B) I asked dumb questions. They already experienced my situation and told me their learnings. Not what I wanted to hear, but what I wanted to hear.

In that moment, I completly ignored the harder truths, or tried to explain why the other members were not right.
While the reassuring answers helped me in that situation, the harsher ones helped me realise I should not even be in that situation and change my complete approach.

Sadly, I always answered with A first. But the more I grew, the more I took responsibility for my posts and realised B is oftentimes the real answer.

Now, I don't know your situation, and I don't know the exact situations where people felt attacked. Maybe it's true and the reactions were too hard.

But it helps to wait a moment and push your emotions aside. Are they dumb - or is my question dumb?

Like @MidwestLandlord said: What helps you progress, what helps you move forward?

I hope that was helpfull in any way! Thank you for speaking out though, it takes courage to state your opinion about problems in a community. I will try to bring my points across with less mockery from now on!

~Ika

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
This place is just full of smart-alecks!

My favorite feature! :playful:

I have obviously spent far too long on forums full of special snowflakes because I have found the honesty here very refreshing.

Re the "mockery": I am one of those people who needs to be told "what you are doing sucks, do something better, stop planning and push that rock". Generally speaking, if someone isn't ready to hear the truth, then they aren't ready to move ahead. I have been the champion of entrepreneurial book reading and action faking, and I have only ever had moderate success, because what I was doing had value to very few people. I still feel like a bit of a faker every time I come here, because I find myself here instead of doing what I should be doing, although I am the first to admit, I'm still a little vague on the "should be doing". Instead of endlessly planning, I need to just push that rock. ;)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I am admittedly too thin-skinned for this forum in particular. It seems unnecessarily mean-spirited for people whom are trying to improve their lives, to get shit on by a bunch of strangers. I had a combative early life where the words that came out of your mouth had immediate and serious consequences.
How can words be allowed that much power over you? No need to answer. I know that one already as that was how my early life was as well.

We were mocked for being poor and having a seriously mentally deranged mother. We once lived across the street from the school. Our mom went outside while kids were on their way. She was naked, screaming and breaking windows on the house. My first fight in school was that day in the second grade as a kid danced around the playground laughing at me. Red-faced and crying, I chased him and swung wildly until stopped by a teacher. He never quit taunting me. The other kids that I thought were friends laughed and watched.

That was the beginning of MANY fights for me. I took everything personally and took on the role of defender for others.

If people and their words have that much power over you.... they win.

My mother is near the end of her life. I took on the role of taking care of her when I became an adult. The poor woman has lived an incredibly miserable life of NEVER being able to be like everyone else. She desperately craved that. She had the mental capacity to realize she was not normal but no ability to do anything about it. It made her miserable to feel that she was excluded from all life functions. She had to be though. Her extremely disruptive behavior was difficult to deal with.

I learned from all this though. There are other things to look at in life besides people's negative words.

It was not just the words though. There were many, many times that well intentioned people wanted to come to our aid. So many people thought that they could fix her or fix the problems by doing shit. They thought that all she needed to live a normal life was to listen to them. Ughhh.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If someone's drive for endeavor is endangered by a reading an analogy about a "BIG a$$ ROCK" + some playful comments adding to it, I doubt they have what it takes to succeed in the first place.

+1.

Nice picture, here's the one from my book.

final-cartoon3.jpg

One thing this forum suffers from, as do many forums, is the "kiss of death" post. And I actually have a suggestion to deal with it. A "kiss of death" is when a newbie makes a heartfelt and detailed post asking about something, and the first response is someone just taking an enormous shit on them, a "kiss of death". Then the rest of the forum members "thumbs up" and pile-on

I admit this happens but you didn't mention WHY this happens.

1) User did NO research, not here, and not even at Google.
2) User lives in a coddled fairy tale not resembling real life. (I going to be a billionaire! But I have no plan, no product, no idea.)
3) User asks question that has been asked here 1,503 times, again, did no research.
4) User comes across as entitled -- we are here to serve them. My time is at their disposal and at their beckon call.
5) User comes across as an askhole (I want a mentor. OK, do this. But I don't want to do that.)
6) User is here clearly to take whatever he can, and contribute nothing.

I remind you this forum is 10 years old -- and certain patterns do emerge on both sides of the fence.

On the flip side, if you take the time to WELCOME our new members in the INTRODUCTION forum, you will see nothing but warm welcomes and hellos. How many people take the time to welcome nearly every user, either in prose, or in a thank you. I do, because I know this place can be life changing if you get around the rough edges.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
2) User lives in a coddled fairy tale not resembling real life. (I going to be a billionaire! But I have no plan, no product, no idea.)
I'm sure that others have had this experience as well but here is the gist of a pm I once received.

"Hey, I'm so and so. I am mid twenties and ready to move to another city. I don't have a job and I live with my parents but am ready to change that.

Do you have a job for me on the golf course? Hell, I'm even willing to mow greens for you to get started."

What?!? My greens mowers are professionals that are very proud of the surface they create. Their career is dedicated to making our golf course the best around. Willing to mow greens for me? WTF...

His message was a few paragraphs long. My response was that I did not have a job for him, that he needed to take work seriously, and that he was basically an entitled person. He took a major offense to the fact that I tried to show some tough love. I sent a follow up response to him giving some obviously unwelcome life advice. He unfollowed me and I have not heard from him again.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Im going to leave this here:

Along the way, someone might have told you there was no such thing as a stupid question.

Out in the world, you'll find that is not usually the case. There are plenty of stupid questions.

Start by refining your objectives. Help people help you.

The first step towards anything you might be interested in is 100 hours of research. Usually, this research is fueled by the passion for the creator in what he/she is creating. Go to the library, find a quiet spot, and read every single thing you can find on the subject you are interested in. Begin the experience of developing mastery. Create a vision, a quest... a plan. Then, use random strangers on a forum who may have expertise in areas you are unsure of to answer specific tactical questions.

A stupid question :

How do I start a donut shop?

A good question :

I have researched intellectual protection for my donut recipe, and I can't seem to determine if I can patent the recipe itself. Google talks alot about brand trademark, but is there anyone here who might know if the recipe itself is something that I can protect? I have something pretty unique, and I know I should see an attorney but funds are a bit tight now so before I bite the bullet and pay legal expenses, I am just wondering if anyone has some insight as to protecting the intellectual property of food items, as I am required to disclose the ingredients to protect customers who may have particular food allergies. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Im going to leave this here:

i am guilty of doing this.
the laziness though... so much easier to have someone give u the answer lol

But this forum calls me out on it by either ignoring the post or calling me a borderline wantrepreneur.

Thanks guys.

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
I have 5 more books to read about pushing the rock, before I push the rock.

I've also asked all of my friends, relatives, and multiple internet strangers their opinion on the rock before I push it. Don't wanna end up pushing the wrong rock!

Although I'm not sure which rock to push now. So I'll probably push multiple rocks at the same time.

F*ck me....

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I just reread this thread after seeing V8's comment about mockery.

What?

If anyone feels like they're being mocked by the posts in this thread. You need to take a good long hard look at yourself in the mirror. If these jokes offend you, maybe it's because you identify with them.

Business is kike the real world. It's not fairy tails and ponies.

Build a bridge and get over it.

Also, I can give you an affiliate link for a can of ThickSkin. <- that was a joke

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I just reread this thread after seeing V8's comment about mockery.

What?

If anyone feels like they're being mocked by the posts in this thread. You need to take a good long hard look at yourself in the mirror. If these jokes offend you, maybe it's because you identify with them.

Business is kike the real world. It's not fairy tails and ponies.

Build a bridge and get over it.

Also, I can give you an affiliate link for a can of ThickSkin. <- that was a joke

You totally missed my point but that's cool. Carry on.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Bump love

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
I forgot about this thread...

So I can just buy the rock and tell it to move itself right?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
To move the rock, you need to read lots of case studies and progress-execution threads first.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Thanks for the bump @amp0193 this thread has made me smile.

On a side note I use to be a shotfirer down the pit, I know what I'd do with the rock.

MeaslyThirstyAlabamamapturtle-small.gif

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I feel I’m playing with sand rather than killing rocks. Still here though.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Pushed my big a$$ rock a couple steps, but I’m still going up hill.

I can see the crest of the hill up ahead though.

#rockmetaphors

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.