The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beware 3D Secure

Marketing, social media, advertising

VTK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Dec 14, 2018
We've had problems all year with Google Analytics missing some website transactions. Using the downtime during the C0VlD-19 crisis we were able to do some more intensive testing and found that not only were many transactions not being tracked but that many were outright failing and appeared to do so at the 3DS stage.

We got in contact with our payment provider who confirmed the issue was 3DS and said that with some banks the error rate can be between 35 and 40%! Which is mental considering that as far as I know this is mandatory technology in Europe now.

I really don't want to think about how much money we've lost from abandoned carts over the last six months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

VTK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Dec 14, 2018
Is there something that can be done?

My understanding is that 3ds is asking banks to judge payment and tell how probably is that transaction is not a fraud.

Would changing payment provider make a difference?

I'm trying to find out. The payment provider says there's a bypass option for the banks that seem to be problematic but it would mean having no protection against fraudulent chargebacks etc. We don't ship things so I think that affects us a lot less, but then I'd still be hyper wary about losing any kind of payment protection.

It seems that besides specific banks there's a pretty general problem with it affecting conversions:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Is there something that can be done?

My understanding is that 3ds is asking banks to judge payment and tell how probably is that transaction is not a fraud.

Would changing payment provider make a difference?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.