The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beverage Idea Execution

Idea threads

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
This is pretty vague, so not much I can offer really. What I will say is that beverage is cut throat. Food is rough, but beverage is worse.

The first thing you need to do is read (or listen) to this book. High Hanging Fruit by the founder of Zico Coconut water.

10,000 MOQ isn't unreasonable. Its a bit more than my MOQ's are, but I also don't know how much goes into tooling a beverage line. For any kind of scale you'll definitely need a copacker, especially when it comes to safety and quality. But, to get some validation, you can make some at home and sample it at farmers markets or your local healthfood store.

The thing you really need to ask yourself and be 100% sure of is... what's the value of this product?

Why should consumers buy this?

skintinnate

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 4, 2019
Great thank you both for the advice!
Yes great point, I'll definitely look into commercial kitchens and try get some feedback/test the market with a preliminary product before doing anything else. Cheers

skintinnate

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 4, 2019
Hello!

Been a longtime lurker here and decided I'd finally make a thread as I really need some advice.
So I'm really interested in creating a beverage line (I won't bore you with the details right now- I'll make an execution thread soon!), however my only issue is that all the Copackers that I have contacted are asking for insane Minimum order quantities (Atleast 10,000 per SKU is the least that I found).

I was thinking about going for a commercial kitchen initially perhaps, however I feel a Copacker would be much more helpful in product development of the beverage (Still don't have a set ingredient or recipe set in stone). So really not sure to go from here, I was wondering if there is any way to get around this and start smaller? Anyone in this space have any suggestions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.