The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best way to host my python backend

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Duart

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 31, 2022
Hello guys, I recently developed an application with flutter for android and ios. The backend is written in python (flask) and it need to be hosted in the clouds. If I start searching the web for python hosting I get a lot of offers but do not know what's the best. I'm based in Germany and my target customers will also be there. I do not expect a lot of traffic for the beginning so I do not want pay lot when starting. But there should be the possibility to scale this up if needed. In my app I use Google Firebase for User management but I'm not aware of, if there is a possibility to host my backend.

If here is someone who also was once at this point to think about the right hosting provider, I would appreciate your comments.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
DigitalOcean Functions supports Python 3.9: -
Supported Runtimes for DigitalOcean Functions :: DigitalOcean Documentation

I've got PHP code in production on their system if you'd like any help with it - works like Heroku. Only issue is you're using Flask, which may complicate matters.

digitalocean.jpg

If you wanted to provision your own server on Hetzner, Digital Ocean etc, you could use Ploi.io or Platform.sh to provision it. Alternatively, you also have the likes of AWS Lambda, which supports Python out of the box.

render.com also seems to offer support for Python.

I do this stuff for a living, so you're welcome to reach out via DM if you need any further support.

Heroku or DigitalOcean

Heroku not a good option anymore as they removed their free tier. $5 a month to host a small script not worth it in my opinion, although it may be to others.

Duart

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 31, 2022
Yeah I checked Ionos because there I host also my website (has nothing to do with this current project) but unfortunately they do not support python version 3.x. I'm checking out A2 Hosting which is really nice in one way, they reply within seconds with their implemented chat function on their website. And you really have a Human who chats with you.

HJP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 19, 2023
Have you looked into IONOS? I use them for my PHP backends but I think they might support Python.

If they do they're quite cost efficient and reliable.

Zurich

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 30, 2019
Happy to hear that you are using Flutter. Has it worked for you well? If you don't mind, can you share some app info?

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Happy to hear that you are using Flutter. Has it worked for you well? If you don't mind, can you share some app info?
Flutter. All the disadvantages of write-"once"-run-"anywhere", with a bonus of needing to learn a new language you won't use anywhere else! :rolleyes:

fabios

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Feb 3, 2023
I would suggest you to deploy your backend application in a Google Cloud Run.

Here's why:
  1. Cloud Run is the gold standard for containerized application
  2. You can try it for free since you will receive 300$ of credits to use
  3. It's very cheap since your first 2 MILLIONS of monthly requests are free
  4. Even you consume your credits and you have a lot of requests, you can configure it to be billed only for the processing time of the request (so the app will sleep when will not receive any requests)
  5. It's SERVERLESS, just decide how much CPU and RAM you want, then target where is your github repo with the container file and you are online

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.