The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best way to fastlane the absorption of MJ's books.

Rich Wood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jun 17, 2018
Salt Lake City, UT
Over the past month I have listened via audible to both of MJ's books.

On planes, in my truck - via bluetooth, while with my daughter at the park, running in the mornings, and basically any other free time I had.

First off the books are fantastic, and are extremely trans-formative. I don't know of anyone personally who has done what he has been able to accomplish, or lives the way he is able to live. Fantastic results, with a no b.s. attitude.

He wrote the books over several years - , and I am trying to absorb the information over the course of a month, and make life changing actions. There is a lot in each book to absorb, all extremely valuable information. It would be great if there were courses taught in the community college or local groups that could get together for lunches to discuss the principles, set goals, and support each other. I would love to support fellow business owners, and fastlane sponsors striving for the same goals.

I think that if anything the books have altered my mindset, and will assist in focusing my energy on transforming my daily activities to focus on the fast lane. My goal is $10M in 3 years.

MJ, it would be great if you could start up local - monthly meetings to discuss the book. I would be happy to chair one here in SLC. I was in your hometown today, and thought how great it would have been to meet you, or at least attend a book discussion.

The fastlane forum is fantastic, but actually getting to meet and associate with like-minded people would be life-changing (almost like a religion). It is very hard to find people who believe in the principles taught in your books. It would be very nice to associate with others (in real life), who truly want to follow the principles and make a significant change in their lives.

Let me know if you anyone would like to collaborate on this, and your thoughts.

Thanks,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
MJ, it would be great if you could start up local - monthly meetings to discuss the book. I would be happy to chair one here in SLC. I was in your hometown today, and thought how great it would have been to meet you, or at least attend a book discussion.

The fastlane forum is fantastic, but actually getting to meet and associate with like-minded people would be life-changing (almost like a religion). It is very hard to find people who believe in the principles taught in your books. It would be very nice to associate with others (in real life), who truly want to follow the principles and make a significant change in their lives.

Thanks,

Why don't you start one in your town. I don't understand why someone else has to start a book group in order for you to participate in it?

DeepScripted

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 27, 2018
Denver, Colorado
That's a great idea. Like @biophase said, why don't you start it? I'd support it for sure, and many others. I live in Denver, but do visit Salt Lake City occasionally for work, would love to get together.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
This is the equivalent of the posts asking for a step by step........ not thought out. Asking for what would make your life easier.

How about get in here on the forum and provide value? Start up a local group? Do like many of us and get mastermind groups going. Help others.

Are you saying @MJ DeMarco hasn't done enough for you?

Time for you to give back for the much you have been given!

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Post an intro if you haven't already. Look forward to your contributions!

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Over the past month I have listened via audible to both of MJ's books.

On planes, in my truck - via bluetooth, while with my daughter at the park, running in the mornings, and basically any other free time I had.

First off the books are fantastic, and are extremely trans-formative. I don't know of anyone personally who has done what he has been able to accomplish, or lives the way he is able to live. Fantastic results, with a no b.s. attitude.

He wrote the books over several years - , and I am trying to absorb the information over the course of a month, and make life changing actions. There is a lot in each book to absorb, all extremely valuable information. It would be great if there were courses taught in the community college or local groups that could get together for lunches to discuss the principles, set goals, and support each other. I would love to support fellow business owners, and fastlane sponsors striving for the same goals.

I think that if anything the books have altered my mindset, and will assist in focusing my energy on transforming my daily activities to focus on the fast lane. My goal is $10M in 3 years.

Thanks,

There's one best way to absorb those books.It's called application.

Change your beliefs and take constructive actions that reflect those beliefs.That's one of the best way to cement the knowledge in the TMF .Have you read the Unscripted book btw? You must read it. It'll blow your pants out for the wisdom that have in it.So my fellow fastlane friend, the best way to absorb is applying those principle into real life.It's simple as that.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Welcome to the forum, @Rich Wood.

I'd encourage you to not overthink. Don't fall victim to analysis paralysis. Just start applying what you're learning. I first read TMF 7 years ago. I reference back to it often and learn more each time.

Check out the meetup forum here and see if there are any fastlane meetups happening in your area already. If so, jump on in. If not, start one! I know you're probably hoping for a more curriculum or structured-based meetup but I can't imagine @MJ DeMarco wanting to create such a beast. After all, he is semi-retired and an anti-guru. Trust me, the local meetups are great. Also, we have an annual meetup here in Scottsdale usually around last week of February. Make plans to attend next year!

Jason "GrandK"

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jun 17, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Let me know your thoughts.

So, here are my thoughts.

First off, congrats on your successful business. Your website is pretty clean. I like it.

I see you have a background at AIG. I worked for AIG once upon a time.

Anyway, you appear to be having a lot of success already. I understand your desire to connect with others who align with MJ's Unscripted lifestyle. It is the same reason I am here. I enjoy talking business and find it difficult to connect with others in this regard. Most people think they are entrepreneurs but they are really just scripted people who pretend to be living the Unscripted life.

In my opinion, if you stick around long enough here you will find the conversations you hunger for. Plus, with your obvious success, you have a lot of value to offer. It would be good for you to lend a hand and offer advice to those who have yet to make the leap or who are struggling to make their venture work.

Maybe you can start a thread where you highlight some of the main principles of the book that resonated with you and why. I am sure that will get the ball rolling.

All the best.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

1) Create your own local group, that's why the MEETUP category exists.
2) Visit the forum daily.
3) Attend the yearly Summit in Scottsdale.

I cannot stress #2 more than enough.

There are plenty of opportunities to keep the Unscripted philosophy focused, namely the forum which runs 24/7.

And I'm here daily!

Rich Wood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jun 17, 2018
Salt Lake City, UT
Thank you for your feedback and great ideas. I will plan to attend the annual forum in the coming years.

I was un-aware of the meet-up functions, so I apologize for the naivety. I'll be sure to prep a bit more, prior to starting a question or a request. I'll look into a local group as well.

The forum has been very helpful and informative. As I identify fast lane ideas and thinking I'll be sure to contribute. I've finished unscripted , and am about half way through the fast lane.

I also commit to provide useful advice to others in the forum.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Thank you for your feedback and great ideas. I will plan to attend the annual forum in the coming years.

I was un-aware of the meet-up functions, so I apologize for the naivety. I'll be sure to prep a bit more, prior to starting a question or a request. I'll look into a local group as well.

The forum has been very helpful and informative. As I identify fast lane ideas and thinking I'll be sure to contribute. I've finished unscripted , and am about half way through the fast lane.

Rich,

Thank you for this great idea! You inspired me to create a local Fastlane club via Craigslist. Am from St. Louis, MO otherwise I’d join your group. MJ was right on #2, for the last 30 days, I’ve been on here every single day and it’s easily one of the best decisions I’ve made all year

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.