The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best wao structure Facebook IPO stock purchase?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Need to confirm something with the stock gurus here --

Hypothetically speaking -- if someone decides they want to buy Facebook IPO stock on opening day 1st thing in the morning, and ride it up a few points to sell in the afternoon or next day, or whenever --

What is the best way to structure your order?

I'm thinking that you log into your brokerage account the night before, and do a market order to be executed "on the open"? I'm guessing limit orders are completely out of the picture, because you will likely miss your buy in opportunity if it opens higher too quickly, etc.

I've done well investing in LinkedIn on the lead up to the IPO, and now I'm considering making a move on opening day to try to lock in a few more points during the opening hysteria.

Another side play I've decided on is to sneak into Pandora or Linked In stock heavy either the day before, or a few days before -- and then be positioned for those stocks to take off like a rocket on IPO day also (For evidence see P and LNKD stock today on the sheer announcement of the upcoming Facebook IPO)

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.