• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

Best Video Editing Software for YouTube in 2019?

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Lex DeVille, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $50,737
    What software do you use for video editing? Talking head videos in particular.

I use Camtasia. It's designed for screen recording, but works for talking head.

Problem is...it's buggy and crashes a lot. Mismatches my voice with videos too.

Not worth the $300 price tag.

So I'm wondering what do you use? Any recommendations for 2019?

I searched Google, but it seems every blog and influencer has an agenda so it makes them hard to trust.

Would rather hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Xeon likes this.
  2. Wiezel

Wiezel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $607
    Adobe Premiere Pro 100%, atleast.. for me :).
    Will cost you around $30 a month to have all features unlocked.

Contractor, Fox and Lex DeVille like this.
  3. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $50,737
    Is that a monthly payment or one-time? I'm open to either. Just curious for reference.

4. Wiezel

Rep Bank:
    $607
    Edited my reply, it's in there!

Lex DeVille likes this.
  5. lejus

lejus Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $593
    What about free alternatives?

6. Wiezel

Rep Bank:
    $607
    Free is an option, would recommended. Since it lacks alot of features if you really go deep into video editing. It's okay for your holiday video's and make a compilation ;).

Lex DeVille likes this.
  7. jon.M

jon.M The Well Defined Forum Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $390
    DaVinci Resolve is feature-rich and kinda easy to get the hang of, similar to Adobe Premiere IMO. Free and paid versions.

Personally, I use Openshot Video editor. It's open source, and really simple to use. But I only use it for basic editing. It seems more stable than Camtasia, which is what I used a couple years ago as well.

Marius973, Xeon, lejus and 1 other person like this.
  8. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $181,896
    Do you have issues with screencasts using Camtasia? I mostly use it for screencasts and haven’t encountered bugs or anything. Wondering if it’s a PC thing or I’m blessed by not doing talking head videos?

Lex DeVille and RazorCut like this.
  9. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,568
    For professional content creation Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro depending on OS. You could also look at Avid Media Composer

I have Camtasia but it seems stable so I have no reason to change right now as my video stuff is more slide-decks than talking head.

Andy Black and Lex DeVille like this.
  10. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $50,737
    How's the audio when you upload to YT? One of the more annoying problems I'm having is my audio changes when the video gets processed for YT. My voice doesn't sound as good on YT as it does in the video editor, and it doesn't sound as good in the editor as it does when I record it in the camera.

I don't really do any screencasts. Only talking head mostly, or a combination of the two. My PC is built for heavy video processing, so it shouldn't have any trouble editing or running the software, but even just opening Camtasia takes forever.

Andy Black and RazorCut like this.
  11. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,568

What's forever? I just opened Camtasia (even though I have a shit load of apps open) and it took 4 seconds.

Andy Black likes this.
  12. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $50,737
    It doesn't do it every time, but I'd say 3 out of 5 opens takes more than a minute of loading.

This has been my experience on this PC, as well as past PCs and also when I had the Mac version.

I intended to switch previously, but stuck with Camtasia since I knew how it worked and didn't want to learn a new program.

Andy Black likes this.
  13. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $50,737
    I'll go check and see if maybe there's an update or something I missed. It's possible I'm using an outdated version. I thought it updates automatically, but that might be worth checking into.

14. RazorCut

Rep Bank:
    $26,568
    Hell that's slow. And on a high end PC? Something is wrong. Any chance you can run it on a fresh windows install somewhere? When I said 4 seconds I actually timed it.

15. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $50,737
    That's the only computer we own with Windows now.

Just checked for updates. Apparently there's an upgrade to the 2018 version, but I'm not paying $100 for something that has a history of not working well for me.

RazorCut likes this.
  16. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $181,896
    Can you contact their support? Maybe there’s some conflict or other known issue they can diagnose.

Also ask if you can upgrade and see if the issue is resolved, and if not, downgrade again and get a refund?

17. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $50,737
    Thanks! I'll check out Openshot. I like open source options. At a glance it looks similar to Camtasia, and pretty straightforward. Not sure I need the capabilities of Adobe Premiere, but I'll keep it in mind as it's the one I've seen promoted most often.

lejus likes this.
  18. Wiezel

Rep Bank:
    $607
    Never had this problem. Are you sure your audio is compressed well? Right audio track etc?
    Could be Camtasia compressing audio itself when you render it. You should be able to see that in the render options. What is your output file format?

Lex DeVille likes this.
  19. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $50,737
    At this point I want something different. Camtasia and their support hasn't proven themselves to me as a customer. I've searched solutions for some of these problems, found others do have them, and also found Camtasia either didn't bother responding, or didn't offer a solution.

I'd rather try something else and compare the results rather than spending more time on Camtasia.

I'm outputting into Mp4. There's not many options for audio. I searched the problem through Camtasia's forums and others had it and explained it has to do with encoding features that Camtasia lacks. I'm not a super techy person with video and audio, so my explanation probably isn't the best, but in Camtasias features there are very limited audio options (at least in the version I have).

Andy Black and Wiezel like this.
  20. Wiezel

Rep Bank:
    $607
    That's the issue then right away. Never had this with Premiere.

Lex DeVille and RazorCut like this.
  21. RazorCut

Rep Bank:
    $26,568
    I'd give Premiere a go then if you don't mind the investment in time to learn it. I've been using Adobe products (predominantly Photoshop) for over 20 years and is something I would never consider moving away from. Rock solid with good support and a wealth of online user knowledge.

22. lejus

lejus Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $593
    I have no plans of becoming a professional. All I need is a bit of editing for my business for Facebook ads. Something ideally free with a fast learning curve, all I need is replace soundtrack, add share/like and maybe the name of product and price on my videos.

23. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,750
    I'd stay away from AVID, as their support will only help you if you have "recommended AVID hardware" which is an official hardware parts list they have. At least that's the trouble we had with our video editors here. We switched to Premiere Pro. Way easier on the PC.

Premiere Pro is easy to use once you're used to its hotkeys.

There's also Sony Vegas Pro (Not "Edit", Pro). Really easy to use too.

Andy Black and Lex DeVille like this.
  24. andyhaus44

andyhaus44 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,093
    Temi is awesome for capturing text from videos

25. DustinH

DustinH Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,677
    Anybody use ScreenFlow? I was thinking about purchasing it to do YT videos and live casts.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.