The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Best Entrepreneur Movies

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Hey,

I'm looking for a movie to watch based on entrepreneurship/business. Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers,
Pete

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Pismo Beach, California

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
Nashville
I have always loved the movie Glengarry Glen Ross Glengarry Glen Ross (film) - Wikipedia
Does it get any better than Glengarry Glen Ross? Everyone likes to cite the Alec Baldwin cameo (which is fantastic), but I think the Pacino rant toward the end is a terrific monologue. My favorite Pacino performance. All the performances are perfect. It's a perfect movie. You couldn't make it any better.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Pismo Beach, California
Does it get any better than Glengarry Glen Ross? Everyone likes to cite the Alec Baldwin cameo (which is fantastic), but I think the Pacino rant toward the end is a terrific monologue. My favorite Pacino performance. All the performances are perfect. It's a perfect movie. You couldn't make it any better.
It's a classic in the Sales world, and let's face it. If you aren't selling, you probably shouldn't be doing anything. All entrepreneurs need to know selling.

I LOVE the Pacino rant myself.

tiagosoares17.22

Bronze Contributor
Aug 5, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Lord of War with Nicolas Cage.

I also think you guys should check that one out. The movie is based on real stories of people taking advantage of the end of the Cold War to sell the guns, ammunitions, missiles, etc. In the movie, the story goes around only one main character but in reality, those deals were being made by more than one person.

What you will learn in that movie is a few key lessons on how to always set up systems to get paid, how to avoid and prevent fights with the people you are doing businesses, etc.
In my opinion, a great movie for entrepreneurs.

abrakamowse

Contributor
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Pirates of Silicon Valley is a good one about the beginnings of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

KSR

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
'Hidden Figures' is a great movie, it's not as such an Entrepreneur movie as it is inspirational. Your boundaries are only kept bounded by you.

Yipikaye

New Contributor
Aug 25, 2017
Lithuania
Nightcrawler (best entrepreneur movie personally)
others below have also strong points/lessons to take home.

The Social Network
"If you guys were the inventors of Facebook, you'd have invented Facebook."
"A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A billion dollars"

Moneyball (it's a process)
"If your enemies are making mistakes, don't interrupt them."
"Your goal shouldn't be to buy players. Your goal should be to buy wins. In order buy wins, you need to buy runs."
"There are rich teams and there are poor teams. Then, there's 50 feet of crap. And then there's us."

Boiler Room (highly unethical stock brokers)

Steve Jobs (with fasbender)
"It's not binary. You can be decent and gifted at the same time."
"The musicians play their instruments. I play the orchestra."

Wolf of Wallstreet (wolf of fastlane)
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it."

Margin Call (2008 economic "collapse", bank)
"There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat."
"You know, the feeling that people experience when they stand on the edge like this isn't the fear of falling - it's the fear that they might jump."

Flash of Genius (inventor of windshield wipers)
The Town (family business)
Limitless (entertainment)
Straight Outta Campton
Whiplash
(Hard work works)
8 Mile (Consistency)
Big Short (based on book from same writer as Moneyball)
Pursuit of Happiness
American Gangster
Scarface

Carlito's Way

"The dream don't come no closer by itself. We gotta run after it now."

Blow
"Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it. Throughout my lifetime, I've left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there's almost not enough to stay alive. But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent."

Last edited:

Madman1996

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Lord of War with Nicolas Cage.

I also think you guys should check that one out. The movie is based on real stories of people taking advantage of the end of the Cold War to sell the guns, ammunitions, missiles, etc. In the movie, the story goes around only one main character but in reality, those deals were being made by more than one person.

What you will learn in that movie is a few key lessons on how to always set up systems to get paid, how to avoid and prevent fights with the people you are doing businesses, etc.
In my opinion, a great movie for entrepreneurs.
That one is badass bro

MHP368

Machine Learning Behavioral Driven Lead Gen
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Jiro Dreams of Sushi

That man does not f around with his craft , offer above average value , reap above average reward

francevalue

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 29, 2019
France
The Fyre Fraud

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Moneyball
In Pursuit of Happiness

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

DST

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 19, 2013
Norway
Besides The Aviator and Nokia, all of these movies are from people who started with nothing and became super successes. All of them with each their adversities and problems

Two Hollywood movies:

* The Founder
How McDonalds got started out by two brothers who couldn't find work, moved, failed a business, started "McDonalds" which became a success and eventually huge franchise

* The Aviator
Movie starring DiCaprio about Howard Huges life. Inherited wealth, invested on aviation and succeeded. Besides going crazy that is.

Documentaries and real life cases (but super fun):

Silicone Cowboys
How Compaq started out by some middle aged family guys who just wanted to make something of their own. Went with personal computers, made their own operating system to bypass copyright infringement, and eventually beat the behemoth IBM

Walt Disney
Could't pay his employees, they bailed on him, and then managed to make it work

Story of Nokia
The rise and fall. Organisation was run by techies/nerds at their growth and peak, and hiring "professional business-managers" was the start of the downfall of their culture and organisation

The Rolling Stones story
Documentary series about the start of the magazine. "We hoped we had.. something"

Ingmar Bergman - a life in four acts
A famous swedish movie producer from his time who made many internationally famed movies. Ridden with anxieties about death and got up at night due to that which probably fueled his productivity

Story of Olav Thon
Story of Wilmar Reksten

Norwegian documentaries, don't think they're available with subtitles. For scandinavian speaking people they're available on NRK tv. Olav is a 96 year old property mogul (top 200 richest in the world?) while Wilmar was the worlds biggest shipping magnate from his time.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock