The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best cold mail after reading 57 cold mails templates and 1930´s books

Marketing, social media, advertising

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
Hi guys,

I have a B2B idea I want to develop. In order to see if I am tackling a real need I want to meet with at least 100 people whom I think could be my clients in order to get feedback and see if I am solving a need or only making up stuff.

My biggest problem

I am sending cold mails and linkedin messages to my targets and I am finding it extremely difficult to get a positive response although I am really not trying to sell anything, I´m just asking for their opinion.

My insights from today´s blogs

I´ve read a ton about cold mailing in order to prepare for this mails, some obvious stuff like the Hubspot Blog, Copywriters,...and Some not so obvious stuff like Napoleon Hill´s Law of Success or Dale Carnegie´s classic How to win friends and Influence People.

From all the above I got three very clear ideas:

1. Start your e-mail talking about your prospect not about you.
2. Research your prospect on twiiter, Linkedin, etc and try to provide value.
3. Keep it simple.

My insights from the 1930´s

1. Dale Carnegie has a great letter (although he used it to sell something) that can be adapted and used as an mail to ask for an opinion:

Our factory has recently completed a new line of X-ray equipment. The first shipment of these machines has just arrived at our office. They are not perfect. We know that and we want to improve them. So we should be deeply obligated to you if you could find time to look them over and give us your ideas about how they can be made more serviceable to your profession. Knowing how occupied you are, I shall be glad to send my car for you at any hour you specify.

2. Napoleon Hill also lays out a great idea:

Make your prospect think he´s helping someone else by helping you out. Most people will never help someone directly but they will help someone whom they think is going to help someone else. The best example is how many people don´t give any money to a beggar on the street but they do give money to charity organizations.

Why I am not cold calling?

I´ve done cold calling before and I think you have to be extremely clear about what you have to offer your customer. I know what I wan´t to do but I am not extremely confident about it and as said before don´t know if I am solving a real need.

What is the best mail?

So...what do guys think is the best way to ask someone for their opinion? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hi guys,

I have a B2B idea I want to develop. In order to see if I am tackling a real need I want to meet with at least 100 people whom I think could be my clients in order to get feedback and see if I am solving a need or only making up stuff.

My biggest problem

I am sending cold mails and linkedin messages to my targets and I am finding it extremely difficult to get a positive response although I am really not trying to sell anything, I´m just asking for their opinion.

I´ve read a ton about cold mailing in order to prepare for this mails, some obvious stuff like the Hubspot Blog, Copywriters,...and Some not so obvious stuff like Napoleon Hill´s Law of Success or Dale Carnegie´s classic How to win friends and Influence People.

3. Keep it simple.

1. Dale Carnegie has a great letter (although he used it to sell something) that can be adapted and used as an mail to ask for an opinion:

Our factory has recently completed a new line of X-ray equipment. The first shipment of these machines has just arrived at our office. They are not perfect. We know that and we want to improve them. So we should be deeply obligated to you if you could find time to look them over and give us your ideas about how they can be made more serviceable to your profession. Knowing how occupied you are, I shall be glad to send my car for you at any hour you specify.

Make your prospect think he´s helping someone else by helping you out. Most people will never help someone directly but they will help someone whom they think is going to help someone else. The best example is how many people don´t give any money to a beggar on the street but they do give money to charity organizations.

I´ve done cold calling before and I think you have to be extremely clear about what you have to offer your customer. I know what I wan´t to do but I am not extremely confident about it and as said before don´t know if I am solving a real need.

What is the best mail?

So...what do guys think is the best way to ask someone for their opinion? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

send 100 emails and see what works.

Tapp001

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 24, 2016
Hi guys,

My biggest problem

3. Keep it simple.

What is the best mail?

Thanks!

Check the Miracle Letters section of some versions of How to Win Friends and Influence People. There are some really good information-gathering type letters in their, plus he goes through one phrase by phrase to explain it's advantages.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
send 100 emails and see what works.
No better way! As a tip, save the person / company you really want to do business with as your last stop.

The boys made their first soap sales pitch to the local store we really wanted to be in. It bombed. An ink pen opened during it and spilled ink everywhere. Lot of 'uh's' and not sures. Did not go well. Still have not found a way in there. Now we know that we should have asked them after failing in other places first!

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
Check the Miracle Letters section of some versions of How to Win Friends and Influence People. There are some really good information-gathering type letters in their, plus he goes through one phrase by phrase to explain it's advantages.

Thanks! can you please give me some more info on this? I guess I´ll have to buy the version you´re talking about?

I´ve done a google search and can´t find anything related to miracle section letters in how to win friends

Tapp001

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 24, 2016
Thanks! can you please give me some more info on this? I guess I´ll have to buy the version you´re talking about?

I´ve done a google search and can´t find anything related to miracle section letters in how to win friends

I found the version I did for 99 cents in the Kobo store. It was in this version.

It might be in all of them, but I am not sure. The book is worth a read if you've never done so!

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
I found the version I did for 99 cents in the Kobo store. It was in this version.

It might be in all of them, but I am not sure. The book is worth a read if you've never done so!

Great Tapp001, yeah I have read it and it´s definetely one of the best books I´ve read so far.
Thanks a lot! Best

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.