The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Benefeits of the slowlane!

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
A financed BMW 3 series, nice condo and the latest Armani suit, *record scratch* I hear MJ yelling what the F*ck!

Well, I must say I have benefited from one slow lane job. I had a sales job where I was paid for training and learned a little bit, a lot of sales is quickly building rapport, verbally dancing with someone and then making the pitch. Although the biggest thing I took from it, was the shitty hours, holy F*ck..

I was working 12 > 8:30 Mon>Fri, and talked with so many all day for hours on end, Im not the greatest with people skills so I must say TAKING the job and getting comfortable (whilst getting paid training) was a benefit for me. YES I know we all look down on the job thing but perhaps we can take a few things from working, all while learning how shitty it really is by experiencing it.

As I was saying about the horrible hours, what I learned was sales and forcing myself to constantly be enthusiastic about something I don't give a shit about! Enthusiasm is a very big part of business, today I was going around and something captured my attention, the front clerk that had the entertainment attraction was sitting around on his phone! Looking bored and delivered shitty customer service! Where is his ENTHUSIASM? Needless to say the moron DID not get my money.

ALSO, this was a service I have paid a lot of money on....In fact I was looking forward to using it although I did not want to give this dick head MY money.

The point I'm trying to make, BE enthusiastic about your job/business.. Imagine walking into a restaurant where everyone is a miserable piece of crap! Do you want to eat there!? HELL NO!!
You'd probably go over to the bar across the street where everyone is laughing and having a good time right?

If you are starting up a business, be enthusiastic about what you are doing, treat people like they are the king of the world. Hustle hard!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Most people are better off in the slowlane. For example my dad loves taking orders and getting paid for it. There's no way anybody can convince him to start his own business. But he's also very careful on what he spends his money on. Nothing ever goes to waste. He owns his house and cars.

You sound like the total opposite of the majority of the people on this forum. "Financing" you can't even afford the BMW, the condo and the suit.

You owe tons of money that will take you a long time to pay off. You will be completely dependent on your job for a long time to come. I see a lot of headaches, worries and anger in your future. What will happen if you get fired tomorrow or you have your hours cut. How will you continue the illusion of you making it without the money coming in to pay the monthly bills on your car?

The people that want to be Fastlane are trying to avoid all those negative emotions. It goes beyond the money and the toys.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.