The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Began my first blog, getting set up for success, requesting feedback.

Louis_wsw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 7, 2015
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. I read 'Fastlane' at the recommendation of one of my favorite blogs, boldanddetermined.com, and loved it.

I recently decided to switch to the Fastlane, and start a blog and blog for profit. What I've always wanted to do is help and inspire men to become the best versions of themselves and I have been a writer my entire life, so it's the perfect fushion. What I love about Victor's (B+D.com) blog is that he is true to himself, caters to a specific audience and gives them what they want. I intend to do the same.

My blog is in a similar vein as his, but I'm trying to find for myself where my specific niche is. I know there are a lot of blogs out there that are self-help, specifically catered towards men, so I don't want to be lost in the sea. My goal is to be a cut above the rest with my content.

I know it's about creating value, but I am wondering if anyone has advice on how to figure out your value proposition. I know I have a fundamentally different voice than Victor or other blogs, but we will cater to similar audiences. I am wondering if that's simply okay, as it's the internet and there are billions of people to be served.

Im using a Genesis Framework theme and have a logo, but it is not finished, so the design is still WIP.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated and so helpful.

www.whitestagwarrior.com

All my best,

Louis

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Louis_wsw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 7, 2015
As you can tell had no idea the big buck section was the about you

I'm not sure what you mean? It's unclear that I am blog author? Just asking for clarification.

What gives me credibility, for the fitness related aspects, my experience as a coach and trainer.

For the self-help and leadership aspects, using what I've learned and examples from my own life, living what I say, practicing what I preach.

Louis_wsw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 7, 2015
Am not trying to be anonymous. I give my name and hopefully will be able to use examples in real time, of who I am and what I do -- if you mean in terms of having another nameless/faceless blog.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I'm not sure what you mean? It's unclear that I am blog author? Just asking for clarification.

What gives me credibility, for the fitness related aspects, my experience as a coach and trainer.

For the self-help and leadership aspects, using what I've learned and examples from my own life, living what I say, practicing what I preach.

The label "big buck" was unclear so I didnt click it and thought your blog lacked credibility since i had no idea who you are.

Once I clicked it and read about you thought your blog was pretty cool

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I think you have an amazing opportunity here to cater specifically for gay men.

The subculture you say you love is skewed toward straight males. Lots of the personalities involved are openly homophobic.
At the same time, as you wrote in your piece about gay character, most of the gay community subscribes to a line of thought that is the exact opposite of that. As a result, you have a caricature of a man as "standard" for gay guys.

See the opportunity there? it blows my mind. If I were you, I would pursue that line. I can see a slogan like "be gay, don't be a fag".
I guess there might be others doing that, obviously - which is good, because it means that there is an audience.

Good luck.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I intend to do the same.
It seems like you are a carbon copy of him. Like all the other guys that come here from his blog and start manly blogs with exactly the same contents.

Its great that you want to switch to the fastlane but you should do some more reading on here and mainly read MJs book. At this point you dont seem to understand what makes a business fastlane. (Hint: starting a blog in 99,9999% of the cases isnt)

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
The design of your website looks good. As for the content, it's basically B+D without the gay-bashing.

Tying in to what @theag said, we've seen so many B+D copycats here. It's getting old, and I personally want to see something new and original.

Louis_wsw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 7, 2015
It seems like you are a carbon copy of him. Like all the other guys that come here from his blog and start manly blogs with exactly the same contents.

Its great that you want to switch to the fastlane but you should do some more reading on here and mainly read MJs book. At this point you dont seem to understand what makes a business fastlane. (Hint: starting a blog in 99,9999% of the cases isnt)

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to respond.

I understand what makes a business a fastlane. You must be a producer, not a consumer -- you must create a money tree, something of value, that serves a need/solves a problem -- perhaps @Digamma was describing my niche and that is need, needing to be served IE Gay men who feel trapped by society's perception of what it means to be a gay man wanting to strike out on their own, in a nurturing atmosphere. Maybe my original concept was trying to cast to wide a net; I want to be be able to serve one audience, really well.

I am under no illusions that starting a blog itself is going to be what makes my business fastlane/money. It is the jumping off point for other ideas, including writing and selling e-books, an app and other purchasable content that again, fills a need and serves a purpose.

My goal is not to be a carbon copy of his blog, but write from my perspective and my POV which while we share similar ideas, are coming from the pro-man/masculinist perspective, is fundamentally different because of my own experience.

Yes, you're right there a ton of B+D copy cat blogs out there. I'm not trying to be one of them, I'm trying to discover what makes me different.

I appreciate the feedback as it only makes me think more deeply and seriously about what I'm doing. It's only going to steer me further forward in the right direction.

Mbc

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 22, 2013
Montreal
I agree with what @Digamma said. You can be the b+d for gay men. I would think there are a lot of young gay men who would like some self help "man" stuff without the homophobia. Maybe its a good niche to sell to also, I'm assuming a lot of educated men, no dependants, some disposable income etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.