The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BE A SHARK

Anything related to matters of the mind

SLOE GRIND

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Sep 11, 2016
Columbus,OH
Surround yourself with sharks! If you swim with the fish you will get ate just like them!

Meaning if you hang around the weak .. Not speaking in physical terms ..

Meaning weak minded ( Gossipers, Bullshitters, Always in some bullshit, Always talking about bullshit, Always broke, Unmotivated, Complaining, Negative, Priotities all f*cked up, Worried about the wrong shit, Not thinking about advancing in life )

You will get caught up in things and situations that won't be valuable to you or leading you on the path to success!

We all know these people.
Iron sharpens iron!

Sharks swim alone if need be ..

Meaning sometimes you have to distance yourself from people even loved ones if needed to really get in tune with self and think your own thoughts

Cut out all the distractions .. Focus on goals .. Make physical/mental and financial gains .. Love your loved ones!

"Only thing on the mind of a SHARK is EAT"

[HASHTAG]#SHARKSHIT #SloeGrind [/HASHTAG]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Sharks are vulnerable on land. It's their weakness. So I wouldn't recommend being a shark. I would much prefer being an alligator as they thrive on land and in water, giving them a much better advantage in all scenarios and dangers. If I can choose even more it would be a salt water alligator so I could swim in the ocean.

InnovateDesign

777 MPH
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2016
Taxco, MX
Sharks are vulnerable on land. It's their weakness. So I wouldn't recommend being a shark. I would much prefer being an alligator as they thrive on land and in water, giving them a much better advantage in all scenarios and dangers. If I can choose even more it would be a salt water alligator so I could swim in the ocean.
I like that analogy.

If you are a shark you are national (Sea only = US only)

If you are an alligator you are international (Sea and land = Global)

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
I like that analogy.

If you are a shark you are national (Sea only = US only)

If you are an alligator you are international (Sea and land = Global)

How far does the alligator swim in the ocean before it encounters a hungry shark or whale? How much of what the ocean offers can the alligator acquire?

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Cut out all the distractions .. Focus on goals .. Make physical/mental and financial gains .. Love your loved ones!

[HASHTAG]#SHARKSHIT #SloeGrind [/HASHTAG]

True.

You need to cut distractions, focus on your goals and build a great work ethic.

I wrote a thread on building a great work ethic which might help you: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/a-complete-guide-to-kickass-work-ethic.70527/

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Humans are invariably affected by their environment.

Haters = losers.

Stay away from suckers,punks,slackers,haters,victims,scarcity minded individuals, let the weak and un-evolved catch up on their own time and pace, put your own mask on and be your own hero first, but help out on the way up if you can, to those who can appreciate it and value it.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
it's more of a fig

The whale metaphor was more of a joke, but it wasn't without relevance

Let me explain...

Shark mentality:
  • Aggressive - Always on the hunt
  • Doesn't take crap from no one
  • Gets theirs
  • Stacks paper
Whale mentality:
  • Calculated - Gets the whole pie
  • Doesn't have to take crap b/c most aren't big enough to even bother them
  • Gets theirs
  • Stacks paper
Obviously it depends on your situation/location/etc., but it's much easier to get to the next level if you're not scaring away opportunities.

I wrote about this recently in another post:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...et-rid-of-negative-friends.70472/#post-565773

SLOE GRIND

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Sep 11, 2016
Columbus,OH
The whale metaphor was more of a joke, but it wasn't without relevance

Let me explain...

Shark mentality:
  • Aggressive - Always on the hunt
  • Doesn't take crap from no one
  • Gets theirs
  • Stacks paper
Whale mentality:
  • Calculated - Gets the whole pie
  • Doesn't have to take crap b/c most aren't big enough to even bother them
  • Gets theirs
  • Stacks paper
Obviously it depends on your situation/location/etc., but it's much easier to get to the next level if you're not scaring away opportunities.

I wrote about this recently in another post:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...et-rid-of-negative-friends.70472/#post-565773

I like how you broke that down!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I believe you should be innovative and create a new breed entirely, what people never seen before. Why be any of the animals you stated. It reminds me of personality tests that have stated I was a Lion and Giraffe. (Personality Marketing). Not to mention it's archetypes like Carl Jung talked about in why people need symbols, meanings, and dreams.

Iron sharpens iron!
Now this I can buy into. Yes by hanging out with ESTJ's and ENTJ'S since their top dogs in Military, Politics, Entrepreneurship, and every platform there is out there, you gain strength. They will dual with you. I believe I learned this being an INFJ. They're Authoritarian and Autocratic, and trigger the Introvert and they usually feel if you're NF you're wasting their valuable time, energy, and lazy. From the opposite side and Introvert thinks they're to harsh, demanding, and critical.

Frankly they're the best people to dual with like a sword fight. It's exactly iron sharpening iron. Polarization and getting rid of all your triggers and teaching you to regulate your emotions, stress, and anxiety.

They're your Military warriors in an essence.

I think at this point I understand Introverts have a different role and purpose then they do, but they can teach you to be the top introvert leader if you appreciate what they have to teach you, and see them in a positive light. I suppose since they're the top Millionaires and Billionaires, they'd be the one's you're talking about being the shark. And they're in here teaching you. Are you paying attention?

If you're and Introvert you will never be an ENTJ or ESTJ. It's impossible because you'd go insane trying, because it's not your core personality, but they can stretch your growth and development to reach your full potential.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Personally, I kinda like helping people and creating win-wins.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I believe this is a major key of life. Win-win! If we could just get everyone to get on the same page.
People learn in their own good time.

Abundance vs Scarcity.

Life isn't a zero sum game.

There is no bucket - the crabs just think there's one.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I'm a sheep in wolf's clothing.

Please SEARCH before posting.