The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Site is launched!

A

Anon3587x

Feel free to check it out and help me promote if you would.

It's a continual work in progress, but as of right now the site is completely functional and I suppose that is all that matters.

As of launch, the site is completely free!

Have a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Dont forget meta data, but the rest looks great. I would also link the header and logo to the home page, as that is normally how a lot of people try to get back to where they started.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I see some typos. You should read through your writing again so that you can fix those. Having typos makes you look less professional.

A

Anon3587x

I see some typos. You should read through your writing again so that you can fix those. Having typos makes you look less professional.

I raged out today and typed a lot of that up quick. Kind of got tired waiting for all the green lights to line up so to say, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I'll put all the text through Microsoft word and see what I get.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
If you haven't viewed the site in IE, please do. All the forms are out of alignment, the whole page is left-aligned, and it generally doesn't "feel" like it displays properly (e.g. the Terms of Service link on register.php is hiding behind the Youtube link on the bottom menu).

I'd suggest using something like browsershots.org to get an idea of how your site displays in various browsers.

A

Anon3587x

If you haven't viewed the site in IE, please do. All the forms are out of alignment, the whole page is left-aligned, and it generally doesn't "feel" like it displays properly (e.g. the Terms of Service link on register.php is hiding behind the Youtube link on the bottom menu).

I'd suggest using something like browsershots.org to get an idea of how your site displays in various browsers.

Oh wow, it must of been something I just added to do that. It was working fine in IE yesterday afternoon.

Since it's on every page it should be easy to find the error though.

Thanks for bringing that up, I'm getting real sick and tired of IE and all its shenanigans

A

Anon3587x

Sometime last night I put a <html> tag above my dtd tag.
This renders IE in quirks mode or something which caused the left align.

pfff

fixed now

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Your title tag could be greatly improved with keyword research, and you don't have a description meta tag, so its defaulting to the text on your home page which doesnt include any keywords either.

and also look at this
http://screencast.com/t/yrsKCeKZZB

A

Anon3587x

What do you suggest I do with the sign?
Make it bigger?

I'll do some seo optimization tonight.

I'm trying to come up with ideas to make my site less text and more pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
What do you suggest I do with the sign?

I think aptohosting might have been pointing out that you need to use the word "Sale" instead of "Sell".

The site is looking better. My opinion is that you are jumping in a little too fast and letting enthusiasm overtake due diligence (grammar, market research, legalities, etc.), but at least you are actively trying to correct issues as soon as you spot them. You've done some impressive work in the last few days. Good luck! and speed ++ for taking action.

A

Anon3587x

I think aptohosting might have been pointing out that you need to use the word "Sale" instead of "Sell".

Never would of realized that, thanks.

I'm working with a real shoe string budget here, my budget right now is almost non existent after bills. I do pledge most of what I can directly to the site. I'm trying to find a few extra jobs so I can print out a thousand fliers and some high quality signs to guerrilla market the hell out of this thing locally.

If I had the means to do so, the legalities and everything else would be squared away.

My lack of funds doesn't discourage me though.

Soon as I get posts running in and out of my site and I can make 100$ in profits, I'm taking a trip to silicon valley to find investors.

I am positive there is a huge market for buying and selling advertising space. I appreciate the input so that I might turn my site into something people can use.

Thank you

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Looks like you are on a good start! Love the action you have taken... remember; the hard work just now started; and 90% of that hard work is going to be marketing.

A

Anon3587x

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Looks like you are on a good start! Love the action you have taken... remember; the hard work just now started; and 90% of that hard work is going to be marketing.

Thats what I like to hear, I love marketing :)

Believe it or not JamesF, I drew much inspiration from Fendza.

Seeing you talk about your idea, build it and then launch it all before my eyes made me feel like it 'was' possible.

A

Anon3587x

Little update,

I've been doing offline what my website was supposed to be doing online. I've made a few bucks but I do not think I can handle dealing with peoples problems aside from direct sales.

My websites been sitting idle for the past month or so and it's gotten a few registers and posts. I rank on page 3-4 for a few of my keywords which is surprising because I did not do much SEO work.

I'm going to make a few changes to the site and work on some promotion again and see where it goes.

Yesterday's traffic 25 Visits
Traffic this month 235 Visits
Traffic last month 660 Visits

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
As someone mentioned, you definitely want to put anchor tags around your logo, so that by clicking it people can easily surf back - I'm one of those peeps surfing like that:)

And maybe there should be a little more white space below footer text, now it looks kinda tightened, like there was no more space.

I like the fact that you deal with both online and offline ad space. Offline ad space can be HUGE if you got good locations.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.